• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 5:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2014
110 posts
70 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

[Costco] Tresanti Grey Height Adjustable Electric Desk - $299.99 after $100 off

It looks like a good deal. Does any RFDer know if I can mount monitor arm on this desk?

Features:
Glass top and grey metal frame
Height adjustable from 76.2 cm to 119.4 cm (30 in. to 47 in.)
Easily transition from sitting to standing with the smooth operating, integrated motor
Illumitouch™ seamless control panel features a digital readout that appears and fades with a light touch for a clean look
Preset your height preferences with three programmable height settings
Max. down feature returns desk to the lowest seated position with quick one button push
Three 2.4 amp USBs simultaneously power up to three devices at full speed
White glass top also doubles as a whiteboard
Recessed drawer provides storage while keeping the slimline aesthetic
Cord management under desk provides neat and clean working space
Patent pending technology
Assembly required

Specifications:
Dimensions (L x W x H):
120.1 cm x 65 cm x 76.2 cm (47.3 in. x 25.6 in. x 30 in.)
Weight: 33.7 kg (74.1 lb.)
19 replies
Jan 13, 2013
755 posts
1020 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
I would personally never buy a desk that can't lower below 30" unless you're over 6'.
I've found that the perfect seated height for me is 26".
Just something to keep in mind before buying a desk IMO!
Sep 25, 2018
944 posts
1873 upvotes
True. Unless you also get a keyboard tray that goes under the desk, essentially lowering your hand position by a couple inches.
Jun 25, 2006
294 posts
233 upvotes
Calgary
This was posted at least a couple times before (not super recently), and every time people complain about hitting their shins haha
Mar 9, 2016
40 posts
10 upvotes
..and I missed out everytime after reading the posts. Now I'm seriously thinking about getting one:)
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1512 posts
2417 upvotes
I saw this in Brossard store at $188.88.
Apr 29, 2016
136 posts
128 upvotes
I've had it for about a year and it has been working good so far. Not hitting my shins as people complain about, but I can't use my cubii bicycle which sucks.

I have the black one which looked great out of the box, but looks dirty all the time lol.

Would I buy it again? Probably not because I want to use my cubii, and even if I did, I would definitely avoid the black one, even though I love the color.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2014
110 posts
70 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Can C-clamp monitor arm be mounted to this desk?

BlackRed wrote: I've had it for about a year and it has been working good so far. Not hitting my shins as people complain about, but I can't use my cubii bicycle which sucks.

I have the black one which looked great out of the box, but looks dirty all the time lol.

Would I buy it again? Probably not because I want to use my cubii, and even if I did, I would definitely avoid the black one, even though I love the color.
Aug 19, 2019
295 posts
436 upvotes
AoiSora7 wrote: This was posted at least a couple times before (not super recently), and every time people complain about hitting their shins haha
I read comments abt hitting thier shin and still got it. Honestly speaking, i have never hit my shin in the last few months i am using the table haha. I guess it depends on how much close you sit to the table etc.
Apr 29, 2016
136 posts
128 upvotes
Chenyy600 wrote: Can C-clamp monitor arm be mounted to this desk?
Sorry OP, I haven't tried that yet, not sure.
Apr 15, 2008
498 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Chenyy600 wrote: Can C-clamp monitor arm be mounted to this desk?

C clamp can be used with some minor changes. You’ll need a small piece of wood to anchor against the table frame underneath and the c clamp attaches more securely and works just fine.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Jul 3, 2008
844 posts
327 upvotes
boisbriand
I got one last time and I like it a lot

No brainer at this price
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1652 posts
1931 upvotes
Ottawa
orditeck wrote: I would personally never buy a desk that can't lower below 30" unless you're over 6'.

My son is 5'6" and foods the lowest height no issue. Increase the height of your chair? I'm 5'10 and find it also fine and need it higher than lowest.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2014
110 posts
70 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Thank you, this is really helpful. Do I need another wood to anchor against the glass surface?

mixxy wrote: C clamp can be used with some minor changes. You’ll need a small piece of wood to anchor against the table frame underneath and the c clamp attaches more securely and works just fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1652 posts
1931 upvotes
Ottawa
AoiSora7 wrote: This was posted at least a couple times before (not super recently), and every time people complain about hitting their shins haha
Not sure how they're doing this. Even trying I can't manage it. It's an excellent footrest. It's Costco, get it and take it back if it's not up to snuff.
Oct 14, 2014
971 posts
1140 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I ended up going with the Avalon (still in transit, so no first-hand experience yet). Same price, but has dual motors and better reviews, and doesn't have the much-maligned crossbar.

The Tresanti has a glass top, while the Avalon has wood(ish). Personally I think the non-glass top would be better for repairability down the road, since the electronics aren't built into the top.

https://www.costco.ca/avalon-60-cm-×-12 ... 94479.html
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2088 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
orditeck wrote: I would personally never buy a desk that can't lower below 30" unless you're over 6'.
That's assuming you are putting the keyboard on the table.

I've always used keyboard trays and I found that the perfect seated height with it is 31".
[OP]
Aug 24, 2014
110 posts
70 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
lefroset wrote: I ended up going with the Avalon (still in transit, so no first-hand experience yet). Same price, but has dual motors and better reviews, and doesn't have the much-maligned crossbar.

The Tresanti has a glass top, while the Avalon has wood(ish). Personally I think the non-glass top would be better for repairability down the road, since the electronics aren't built into the top.

https://www.costco.ca/avalon-60-cm-×-12 ... 94479.html
Also looking at Avalon and Motionwise.

Looking forward to the experience once your Avalon arrives.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1878 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Chenyy600 wrote: Also looking at Avalon and Motionwise.

Looking forward to the experience once your Avalon arrives.
I was debating the Avalon one too but was too late last time it was 229.99
Oct 14, 2014
971 posts
1140 upvotes
Southern Ontario
stanleylai wrote: I was debating the Avalon one too but was too late last time it was 229.99
I'm a bit sore about that too, but I'm satisfied paying the same price as the current (sale pricing) options for what I think is a better product. Plus, was able to use my $200 Spend & Get code from June.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)