• Jan 25th, 2022 8:30 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2656 posts
3292 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] True North Men's merino wool long sleeve shirts $9.97 in-store

Finally on sale this season for half price.. Saw them at Thorncliffe today and were seen Warden a couple of days ago (also GTA) by @YungTrapLord so it's likely chain wide, at least in the east. I always buy a few when they go on clearance. They look great under a Hawaiian shirt Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
p.s. all colors available at Thorncliffe, mostly mediums left as of this a.m.
Images
  • 20220122_100920.jpg
  • 20220122_100822.jpg
63 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2018 posts
414 upvotes
GTA
Arrgh, I bought 4 at full price. Do they do price adjustments for in-store? I can't find the policy.
Oct 26, 2004
357 posts
46 upvotes
lg777 wrote: Arrgh, I bought 4 at full price. Do they do price adjustments for in-store? I can't find the policy.
Only if they have that same item (regardless of size) in stock, and within 30 days of purchase. Very much dependent on the CSR helping you.
---
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7163 posts
3630 upvotes
West GTEH!
Thanks OP.

Will see if my local Costco has them at this price and stock/size available.
😎
Oct 13, 2014
332 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
I hear they no longer specify it’s 100% merino. Just that it’s 100% wool. Can anyone confirm?
Feb 6, 2008
158 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
JLu416 wrote: I hear they no longer specify it’s 100% merino. Just that it’s 100% wool. Can anyone confirm?
87% Merino, 13 % Nylon. They are much softer that they used to be.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1118 posts
556 upvotes
Edmonton
JLu416 wrote: I hear they no longer specify it’s 100% merino. Just that it’s 100% wool. Can anyone confirm?
Are they even 100% wool anymore? I bought ladies Cloud Veil version for my wife this year and now it's only a Merino wool blend.

I have couple versions of the Cloud Veil in the men's from different years and they were still 100% Merino. However they transitioned to the True North house brand a couple of years ago for men's and noted the quality of the shirts changed, both in feel and cut. It definitely didn't feel like the Merino ones I had from before. So maybe no Merino or now a blend? Also the shirts seem to be cut to a very relaxed fit now. Bigger through the body and arms which isn't what you look for in a wool base layer.
Last edited by canukeneh on Jan 22nd, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 1, 2021
103 posts
437 upvotes
5.97 on island BC. Both this and the women's cloudveil brand.
Nov 29, 2014
91 posts
203 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
The Costco on Warden has the "old" 100% Wool version for the same price as of two days ago, but only medium and up.

I have a few of the 100% wool one and I was planning to pick up a few more when I was at the Thorncliffe location, but also noticed the "Wool blend". I had to check my old ones to make sure if I wasn't looking at the wrong product lol.

At this price imo it is still amazing value, definitely noticeably softer and they should hold up a little longer compared to the "old" version. Do not hesitate to buy they are amazing base layer shirts, love them.
Feb 5, 2013
382 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Lava hot. I have the Uniqlo heattech and I'm looking to get some merino/wool base layers for snowboarding. Too bad Smalls are likely all gone
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Dec 22, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Saw some at Costco Vaughan, only L and XL left. Picked up 2.

Anyone know if these shrink?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Is this Warden of the North shirt from Game of the Throne?
lg777 wrote: Arrgh, I bought 4 at full price. Do they do price adjustments for in-store? I can't find the policy.
How much is full price?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4957 posts
4009 upvotes
BC
100% merino is great for moisture wicking, but will wear out more quickly I think. I don't know what the magic number is, but I would guess somewhere around 75% merino would be better.
Nov 20, 2004
661 posts
974 upvotes
Vancouver
canukeneh wrote: Also the shirts seem to be cut to a very relaxed fit now. Bigger through the body and arms which isn't what you look for in a wool base layer.
100% they changed the cut. The old smalls fit me fine but the new ones are fit more like mediums for me.
Nov 20, 2004
661 posts
974 upvotes
Vancouver
glate88 wrote: Saw some at Costco Vaughan, only L and XL left. Picked up 2.

Anyone know if these shrink?
From my experience they do not shrink.
Jan 6, 2013
87 posts
33 upvotes
BURNABY
SizzleChest wrote: 100% merino is great for moisture wicking, but will wear out more quickly I think. I don't know what the magic number is, but I would guess somewhere around 75% merino would be better.
you are right, I had a few 100% merino ones in the past, they don't last long.
socks (for hiking) are general mixed with about 70% merino wool
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2018 posts
414 upvotes
GTA
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Is this Warden of the North shirt from Game of the Throne?

How much is full price?
$19.99 In-Store
Oct 21, 2016
50 posts
91 upvotes
I purchased some True North Men's Merino tops last week online and the UPC codes and the code on the price tag are different than the code in the screenshot posted here. I don't know how Costco uses codes though. Can anyone who purchased the ones on sale verify if the tags that came with the garment are the same as 1519305 in the screenshot or different? Mine also say 100% Australian Merino Wool so maybe it's a different item?

The garment tag says machine wash in warm water but I think they can still shrink because it's wool. So I only use cold water then lay flat to dry and they are still like new, moisture wicking and great as a base layer.
Jul 12, 2020
73 posts
157 upvotes
Buy four more at the discount price and return them with the original receipt.

Before I get jumped for "scamming", this wasn't my idea, the csr was the one that told me to do this with another item.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1973 posts
825 upvotes
Elgin, ON
I bought one of these at regular price a while ago. Never had a wool base layer before. It’s ok, but by no means magical. I wore it for a 10km skate on a lake today, and was comfortable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)