Expired Hot Deals

Costco

True North Men's merino wool long sleeve shirts $9.97 in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 8:30 am
Jan 11, 2010
850 posts
168 upvotes
SKYDIVINGMOUSE wrote: I purchased some True North Men's Merino tops last week online and the UPC codes and the code on the price tag are different than the code in the screenshot posted here. I don't know how Costco uses codes though. Can anyone who purchased the ones on sale verify if the tags that came with the garment are the same as 1519305 in the screenshot or different? Mine also say 100% Australian Merino Wool so maybe it's a different item?

The garment tag says machine wash in warm water but I think they can still shrink because it's wool. So I only use cold water then lay flat to dry and they are still like new, moisture wicking and great as a base layer.
Different item. The ones I got instore are the blend and the ones I ordered online 3 weeks ago since my local store was out were 100%. Def prefer the blend, doesnt feel scratchy at all, returned the 100% ones.

Lucky if your local store has em, browsed a couple locations over the last 2-3 weeks looking to pick up more but they were totally done.
Oct 21, 2016
50 posts
91 upvotes
fox155 wrote: Different item. The ones I got instore are the blend and the ones I ordered online 3 weeks ago since my local store was out were 100%. Def prefer the blend, doesnt feel scratchy at all, returned the 100% ones.

Lucky if your local store has em, browsed a couple locations over the last 2-3 weeks looking to pick up more but they were totally done.
Hey, thanks for confirming that for me, much appreciated!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
fox155 wrote: Different item. The ones I got instore are the blend and the ones I ordered online 3 weeks ago since my local store was out were 100%. Def prefer the blend, doesnt feel scratchy at all, returned the 100% ones.

So the one from this deal in store is the non itchy one? I can't stand the itchy ones.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jan 11, 2010
850 posts
168 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: So the one from this deal in store is the non itchy one? I can't stand the itchy ones.
For me, yes. I know some guys stay away from wool completely even if its a blend due to the scratchiness but ive worn the blend plenty of times as a base layer comfortably. Blend helps the durability during washing as well afaik, havent had any noticeable shrinkage using cold wash and low heat dryer over a couple cycles already.
Nov 23, 2012
434 posts
337 upvotes
Brossard
canukeneh wrote: Are they even 100% wool anymore? I bought ladies Cloud Veil version for my wife this year and now it's only a Merino wool blend.

I have couple versions of the Cloud Veil in the men's from different years and they were still 100% Merino. However they transitioned to the True North house brand a couple of years ago for men's and noted the quality of the shirts changed, both in feel and cut. It definitely didn't feel like the Merino ones I had from before. So maybe no Merino or now a blend? Also the shirts seem to be cut to a very relaxed fit now. Bigger through the body and arms which isn't what you look for in a wool base layer.
They "used" to be True North then changed to Cloudveil and back to True North :)

They always used to be 100% Merino wool and by what I can understand, "fine" wool is now interchangeable with Merino wool.

If they added a little spandex for durability, I can totally live with that. My favorite baselayers bar-none (along with the Calvin Klein Merino sweater!).

I am close to starting a petition for the short-sleeve comeback!
May 7, 2017
103 posts
136 upvotes
If the 13% Nylon helps reduce the little holes that eventually form on these shirts, I'm okay with it. Especially since the main material is still merino wool, and not like the Paradox "Merino blend" base layers that are also at Costco, which boasts 11% merino wool...
Images
  • wool.jpg
Dec 10, 2020
27 posts
103 upvotes
lg777 wrote: Arrgh, I bought 4 at full price. Do they do price adjustments for in-store? I can't find the policy.
Hassan wrote: Only if they have that same item (regardless of size) in stock, and within 30 days of purchase. Very much dependent on the CSR helping you.
This is true but you'll need your physical receipt for the price adjustment and the CSR rep shouldn't mind doing it. They just won't do it if you don't have the receipt.
Koodo $40/20gb (8gb plan +4gb +3gb +5gb)
more add-ons pls Koodo 😉
Nov 10, 2003
730 posts
322 upvotes
Richmond
Sold out at Richmond, BC store.
Oct 10, 2006
852 posts
1347 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone see any women's ones in Ottawa region?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1661 posts
1704 upvotes
Any of these in Montreal? Willing to give these a shot but can't get to a Costco for another few days.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2611 posts
1362 upvotes
YVR
Jellzdaman wrote: This or ultra warm uniqlo heattech?
completely different class of clothing that serve different purposes
Zoomer Boomer
Dec 16, 2021
60 posts
95 upvotes
TeriyakiJack wrote: completely different class of clothing that serve different purposes
Really? Thought merino wool is used as a base layer to combat cold weather or hot weather.

The exact same thing uniqlo heat tech is for, to combat cold weather.

What exactly are you using merino wool for if not the above?
May 7, 2017
103 posts
136 upvotes
Jellzdaman wrote: This or ultra warm uniqlo heattech?
The heattech might keep you warmer but I feel like my skin gets sticky and uncomfortable with the fabric. The merino wool is noticeably more comfortable to wear.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1415 posts
979 upvotes
Montreal
I have the original 100% for me and the wife. 4 each. Believe they're like 5 years old and we use them for everything, winter running, home wearing, extra layer when hiking in the rockies, double them up when winter camping and still going strong despite constant use. Amazing value.
Mar 16, 2007
408 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough
awesomep0ssum wrote: Lava hot. I have the Uniqlo heattech and I'm looking to get some merino/wool base layers for snowboarding. Too bad Smalls are likely all gone
Why do you prefer the merino/wool baselayers to Uniqlo heattech? Just curious.

I have both and use them while snowboarding. The merino stuff is thinner and lighter. I can’t say I’ve ever felt that I was cold, however I usually wear the “extra warm heattech” (I.e the thickest one) nowadays, and especially when the temperatures are really cold. I am not an overly sweaty person so the moisture wicking on either works well for me.

Also, heattech come with turtle necks which are great for the cold/windy days.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1189 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
theflyingsquirrel wrote: So the one from this deal in store is the non itchy one? I can't stand the itchy ones.
What itchy ones? Unless you have some sort of specific condition / alergy, one of the characteristics of merino wool is that it doesn't itch.

I have a few of the 100% merino ones bought over the years. They have stood up extremely well, super comfortable, no itch.

I don't baby them either, I do wash warm and hang dry.