True North Men's merino wool long sleeve shirts $9.97 in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 8:30 am
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2850 posts
2188 upvotes
Toronto
I use this as a base layer and have a heated vest on top and a light Uplink jacket from MEC. Wearing heated gloves, socks from Costco and some Heattech pants from Uniglo I can be in a Covid testing line for hours in -20C and not feel a chill!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Feb 3, 2015
68 posts
82 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Costco Oshawa has tons of M size available.. limited L and S. No XL
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1419 posts
1023 upvotes
Montreal
deeznuts wrote: What itchy ones? Unless you have some sort of specific condition / alergy, one of the characteristics of merino wool is that it doesn't itch.

I have a few of the 100% merino ones bought over the years. They have stood up extremely well, super comfortable, no itch.

I don't baby them either, I do wash warm and hang dry.
I find the Costco ones to be slightly itchy but also believe that's inherent with any kind of wool, even cashmere. It's never been a problem at all though. Maybe I'd say marginally itchy.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2854 posts
845 upvotes
These are great for travelling, wear multiple days without needing to wash because of the merino wool.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1922 posts
1593 upvotes
I ordered these online earlier in the winter and then saw them in warehouse a week later. Product ordered online was different and is 100% merino wool. Ones in store looked much crappier.
Dec 23, 2019
21 posts
11 upvotes
hakimwipes wrote: Costco Oshawa has tons of M size available.. limited L and S. No XL
Are these the blended version or the 100% wool?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1693 posts
2318 upvotes
Hassan wrote: Only if they have that same item (regardless of size) in stock, and within 30 days of purchase. Very much dependent on the CSR helping you.
Costco actually started applying unique item numbers for different sizes. I've been denied a price protection a few times because the specific size wasn't in stock (even though other sizes were) due to non-matching item #s.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7035 posts
7235 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Plenty of stock at Dixie Costco.

Queensway is sold out

13:32PM
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority
Dec 16, 2021
61 posts
95 upvotes
Dough wrote: Why do you prefer the merino/wool baselayers to Uniqlo heattech? Just curious.

I have both and use them while snowboarding. The merino stuff is thinner and lighter. I can’t say I’ve ever felt that I was cold, however I usually wear the “extra warm heattech” (I.e the thickest one) nowadays, and especially when the temperatures are really cold. I am not an overly sweaty person so the moisture wicking on either works well for me.

Also, heattech come with turtle necks which are great for the cold/windy days.
The tickets uniqlo heattech is the "ultra warm" just FYI.
Oct 30, 2017
449 posts
485 upvotes
London, ON
goodguy90 wrote: Any stock im London ON?
Bought some at the North London location earlier this week, has all 3 colours (black, grey and dark green) and a lot of M left, not sure about other sizes
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Feb 3, 2015
68 posts
82 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
100% are sold out.. lot of blend left..
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3375 posts
730 upvotes
North York
I couldn't find any at Costco Woodbine (Markham, ON) this morning. I am pretty sure I didn't miss them - but if anyone spotted them there - do PM me. TIA
May 7, 2007
150 posts
518 upvotes
Montreal
Masernaut wrote: Any of these in Montreal? Willing to give these a shot but can't get to a Costco for another few days.
I grabbed 3 shirts today at costco in Vaudreuil-Dorion.
Lots of small. medium and large size left but, no XL.
Images
  • 0738C17B-F669-430D-821B-205A6B9EFBE1.jpeg
Oct 15, 2009
661 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't see any at overlea unfortunately
Feb 5, 2013
382 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Dough wrote: Why do you prefer the merino/wool baselayers to Uniqlo heattech? Just curious.

I have both and use them while snowboarding. The merino stuff is thinner and lighter. I can’t say I’ve ever felt that I was cold, however I usually wear the “extra warm heattech” (I.e the thickest one) nowadays, and especially when the temperatures are really cold. I am not an overly sweaty person so the moisture wicking on either works well for me.

Also, heattech come with turtle necks which are great for the cold/windy days.
I think the Heattech has something in it that makes my skin itch after a few hours. I already use unscented detergent so I can't see that being an issue :/ I also run cold so I find I need to layer a sweater/hoodie over it
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16744 posts
11489 upvotes
Markham
fermata27 wrote: The heattech might keep you warmer but I feel like my skin gets sticky and uncomfortable with the fabric. The merino wool is noticeably more comfortable to wear.
Heattech is not uncomfortable or sticky for me. If you're saying Heattech is warmer, I don't need these then.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5627 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know if thornecliffe still has any?