Many sizes left.
Images
  • 84CE9C06-68D7-4A8C-9407-E065CC5C0FB9.jpeg
63 replies
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Wow, to think they they are still trying to sell a pair of jeans for $150-$250 and Costco rolls in with this price tag lol. I do appreciate that the back pocket isn't the original flap pocket.
My horn can pierce the sky
Aug 13, 2008
181 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I remember the days when these used to be $300 a pair.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7302 posts
7111 upvotes
Calgary
The True Religion outlet in Calgary is a ghost town.
Apr 11, 2007
997 posts
1085 upvotes
Oakville
I tried to convince myself two times buying a pair.
I didn’t , they felt so cheaply made , the legs are too wide for my liking
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3445 posts
3223 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Is there darker denim avialable? Or just that light version don’t like the faded colour
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2194 posts
1231 upvotes
Montreal
they filed chapter11 in 2017, guess not doing so well
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1217 posts
385 upvotes
They’ve been appearing at Winners a lot lately. I figured they were in trouble lol
Nov 30, 2016
946 posts
1161 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
What kind of fit are they?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1813 upvotes
Thornhill
Yow, ultra high-end jeans from a decade ago, now being liquidated cheaper than Levi's at Costco.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
Those pockets are whack, maybe trying to differentiate between expensive and cheap trues, i.e. like levis red and orange tab? I've been wearing fake trues for 10 years, love them, it's all I really wear. Have plenty brand new pairs still in my closet. Good price still, but those pockets?!, are weird yo, like envelope closures?!
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
Any idea as to why these jeans used to be $300 ? Special fibres, hand sewn, some movie star wears them, extra durable, contoured fit, soft fabric or just name brand that rocketed to fame, and then just fizzled?

These and 7 for mankind... $300 ... boggles my mind at these outrageous prices... and the people who buy them at that price lol ...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1813 upvotes
Thornhill
frugal69 wrote: Any idea as to why these jeans used to be $300 ? Special fibres, hand sewn, some movie star wears them, extra durable, contoured fit, soft fabric or just name brand that rocketed to fame, and then just fizzled?

These and 7 for mankind... $300 ... boggles my mind at these outrageous prices... and the people who buy them at that price lol ...
People buy them because they're expensive. It's a name-brand thing. Yes, it boggles my mind.

They are hot until people stop wanting them. Then the CEO's take their millions, shut down the company, and go elsewhere.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2652 posts
2911 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Ya I heard the stuff sold at Costco, is made for Costco to sell, quality usually isn't as good. I bought some jeans and Tshirts from them and notice they break apart pretty easily. Basically don't buy these jeans expecting the same quality as the original pairs.
Mar 23, 2005
157 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
sad to say but another good brand that going away like Rock and Republic. if you have to dump product for quick cash flow fix and dilute your brand .

Rock and Republic did the same a few years ago dumped inventory to costco and now where are they..
Oct 6, 2018
84 posts
92 upvotes
I'll add my two cents.... Mid 2000's I would splurge and get these. Like anything else luxury, not good value but whatever.... same as buying a beemer when you can get a honda.

Quality of these jeans used to be very good... they were all made in the USA. Higher quality denim, stiching, details, trendy fit for that time. I would go to Nordstrom Rack in the states to find the proper USA made jeans sent to the outlet from the high end department stores.
Then once they opened the outlet stores.... those sold the made in mexico versions. Typical of most outlet retailers... they started making "outlet-specific" products, definitely not as good as the original stuff. Poor sticthing. Horrible fit.... most fit like a 'bag', definitely not the look you are going for. Basically with this outlet stuff you are only buying the name, and getting none of the (debatable) quality of what the brand was supposed to represent. Like buying the bmw 318 ti in the 90's..... hubcaps and weak 4 cylinder engine. But its a BMW, lol.

Anyways, I don't wear this brand anymore, but am curious to see what is at costco..... i would almost guarantee that costco will be carrying the outlet specific Mexico product.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7302 posts
7111 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah , try on the Banana Republica Traveler jeans. Always on sale at the outlets or online. So good.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7172 posts
2848 upvotes
Calgary
I'm here looking at them. Not sure if my son will like them. They feel thin and I think they are quite ugly. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2179 posts
761 upvotes
I guess I'm in the minority if I believe 43.99 is still too expensive. LOLFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1934 posts
1163 upvotes
Edmonton
frugal69 wrote: Any idea as to why these jeans used to be $300 ? Special fibres, hand sewn, some movie star wears them, extra durable, contoured fit, soft fabric or just name brand that rocketed to fame, and then just fizzled?

No idea why they were that price back then but this was the quintessential douchebag attire of the 2000s. Combined with Christian Audigier and Ed Hardy T-shirts. Just funny to see these lines at Costco and Winners now. Glad I never bought into the have to wear name brand to be cool. Look at Supreme. That stuff is bonkers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)