• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2017 4:55 pm
[OP]
Jun 18, 2013
171 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] truMedic InstaShiatsu+ IS-2000 Shoulder and Neck Massager $94.99

Came across the demo of this product at every visit to Costco, so I ordered it today along with a TRICO Ice Extreme wiper to use masterpass to get $25 off.

Link to the wiper in case you are interested:
https://www.costco.ca/TRICO-Ice-Extreme ... reId=10302

Mixed reviews. The feedbacks from amazon ca are fairly positive:
https://www.amazon.ca/truMedic-Instashi ... B01516LTRK
Last edited by FatSheep on Nov 30th, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spent way too much time finding good deals! Now I will focus on getting my Ph.D. :)
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5860 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec
buy these at costco for the warranty. mine is months old and is making a dislocation sound already (another brand, amazon +80$)
May 2, 2016
86 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
My husband purchased the IS-3000 PRO - InstaShiatsu+ Neck and Back Massager with Heat from Costco in store during their demo visits a few months back for around $130 before tax. IS-3000 (grey/black) is a higher model, and you can differentiate it from the IS-2000 (grey/teal) by the colour.

Originally, I saw my brother's truMedic, tried it and loved it. I thought it was the IS-2000 (which I knew Costco was selling online), so when husband saw the truMedic demo in store, he bought the massager on the spot and when we opened it up at home, we realized it was the IS-3000 instead. Lol. Later on I found out that my brother's truMedic was also the IS-3000, and he had bought it earlier in the year at a Costco demo also! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes So we both got the latest model. So I'm not sure if they are still demo-ing the IS-2000, unless they are trying to get rid of their old stock? I'm pretty sure they were selling the IS-3000 at Costco in their demos earlier this year. My husband said that was the only massager for sale at their demo back then when he bought it. So there was no way he could buy the older model (presumably for a lower price than the latest model).

So...short story is....just make sure to check which model you guys are seeing at Costco, if you happen to chance a truMedic demo. Smiling Face With Open Mouth I have never tried the IS-2000 so I can give no comment. But I do wish to say that having the heat feature in a massager is major game changer in my opinion (what IS-3000 has).
May 7, 2008
673 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Wife bought this a month and half ago - was only being sold through the manufacturer demo. Reason why regular Costco shoppers might miss this item. Actually been looking for it in-store for Xmas gifts for the parents. Has anyone spotted them recently?

Definitely got the IS-3000 and wife uses it daily and no issues so far. Sales rep was really selling the battery life (supposedly battery should last 8 years +)

Good buy at this price - I never use the thing but my hands thank me every time it's fired up.
AmaranthLily wrote: My husband purchased the IS-3000 PRO - InstaShiatsu+ Neck and Back Massager with Heat from Costco in store during their demo visits a few months back for around $130 before tax. IS-3000 (grey/black) is a higher model, and you can differentiate it from the IS-2000 (grey/teal) by the colour.

Originally, I saw my brother's truMedic, tried it and loved it. I thought it was the IS-2000 (which I knew Costco was selling online), so when husband saw the truMedic demo in store, he bought the massager on the spot and when we opened it up at home, we realized it was the IS-3000 instead. Lol. Later on I found out that my brother's truMedic was also the IS-3000, and he had bought it earlier in the year at a Costco demo also! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes So we both got the latest model. So I'm not sure if they are still demo-ing the IS-2000, unless they are trying to get rid of their old stock? I'm pretty sure they were selling the IS-3000 at Costco in their demos earlier this year. My husband said that was the only massager for sale at their demo back then when he bought it. So there was no way he could buy the older model (presumably for a lower price than the latest model).

So...short story is....just make sure to check which model you guys are seeing at Costco, if you happen to chance a truMedic demo. Smiling Face With Open Mouth I have never tried the IS-2000 so I can give no comment. But I do wish to say that having the heat feature in a massager is major game changer in my opinion (what IS-3000 has).
Jun 18, 2017
400 posts
277 upvotes
antihero wrote: Wife bought this a month and half ago - was only being sold through the manufacturer demo. Reason why regular Costco shoppers might miss this item. Actually been looking for it in-store for Xmas gifts for the parents. Has anyone spotted them recently?
Go to Costco website, scroll to bottom and click on location and services then click on special events. It will list a all the demo days for each store. I just missed this at one of my stores but the other is doing it Dec 12 so will go get one then.
Jun 18, 2017
400 posts
277 upvotes
Think hot has heat but the 3000 has different intensity levels where the 2000 only has one setting. Not sure what other differences there is and if the price premium for 3000 is worth it. At $89 and if u get a filler u can do the master pass thing which makes it cheaper. At regular price the 3000 is a no brainier for a few bucks more.
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
How's the heat function on this? I bought generic one from Amazon before and the heat was weak so I returned it
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1362 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
what about this one with heat $59.99
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/product/homedics-reg-shiatsu-neck-and-shoulder-massager-with-heat/1042763468?Keyword=homedics%20shiatsu%20neck%20and%20shoulder%20massager%20with%20heat
May 6, 2006
304 posts
246 upvotes
Brampton
Perhaps 2 years ago the units were either $99 or $109 and we were tempted but held off. Then saw them for $129 recently and thought we missed out. Today we ordered it at $95 (plus filler) then included $25 MasterPass discount. Very good deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4535 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
man this is a good deal with masterpass....I am really tempted on this for parents and hinting to the wife to get me one for Christmas
May 7, 2008
673 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent - you are a Costco pro.

Never poked around on the website that far down.

Missed these guys a my regular location as well.
Homer001 wrote: Go to Costco website, scroll to bottom and click on location and services then click on special events. It will list a all the demo days for each store. I just missed this at one of my stores but the other is doing it Dec 12 so will go get one then.
Nov 26, 2015
830 posts
571 upvotes
Ontario
hordosr wrote: man this is a good deal with masterpass....I am really tempted on this for parents and hinting to the wife to get me one for Christmas
These are excellent and everyone who has tried it loves them. I got the Naipo one for my dad (senior) and he loves it and uses it everyday. When I threw my back, it was awesome too. My brother wants it now because he keeps hurting his back. The Naipo version on amazon was on sale on Black friday but it was a 1 day sale. (went from 80 down to 55 / corded version). My bro regretted not getting it then and now he said okay to this. I just bought it using the masterpass. Getting Costco warranty is a plus here.