• Dec 4th, 2019 12:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6685 posts
4796 upvotes

[Costco] truMedic InstaShiatsu+ IS-2000 Shoulder and Neck Massager - $94.99

As part of Costco's daily deals:

Don't forget to find a $5 filler and use the $20 coupon from the email signup.

Features:
8 deep-kneading massage nodes
Auto-reverse feature changes rotation of massage
Optional heat for soothing relief
12 replies
Nov 24, 2002
232 posts
149 upvotes
Quite a few reviews saying this thing conks out in less than a year. Can't find any information on how long the warranty lasts.
Nov 11, 2015
10 posts
5 upvotes
Kindersley
does it have a 2 year costco warranty just like other electronics?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1189 posts
3094 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JMik wrote: Quite a few reviews saying this thing conks out in less than a year. Can't find any information on how long the warranty lasts.
It's Costco. They'll take it back.
JonahT733067 wrote: does it have a 2 year costco warranty just like other electronics?
"Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on televisions, projectors, major appliances and computers (excluding tablets) to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years."
So probably not.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Jan 4, 2011
49 posts
31 upvotes
Does Costco require the box for scanning purposes if it conks out after say a year?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1189 posts
3094 upvotes
Toronto, ON
black_lab wrote: Does Costco require the box for scanning purposes if it conks out after say a year?
They haven't needed it in my case. No boxes or tags. But then I'm a member.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Jan 4, 2011
49 posts
31 upvotes
Okay that's great that I don't need to keep the box. I'm a member too ... I guess they just have to look up the item on their computer.
Nov 24, 2002
232 posts
149 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote: It's Costco. They'll take it back.
I had another massager die and they wouldn't take it back, so I don't think it's quite so clear cut with these online purchases. Though the manufacturer did exchange it after I dropped off the old one at their factory because it was within the 2-year window.

This one doesn't specify a warranty length, so it makes me a little hesitant.
Last edited by JMik on Dec 4th, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1189 posts
3094 upvotes
Toronto, ON
black_lab wrote: Okay that's great that I don't need to keep the box. I'm a member too ... I guess they just have to look up the item on their computer.
Yeah, orders are related to membership numbers. They can use that to confirm if you ever bought something you said you bought.
I had a lady come in to returns while I was there, she was trying to return something she already returned (maybe bought the 2nd one somewhere else). They promptly showed her when the item was bought and when it was returned.

BTW, it's likely to be cheaper in-store.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Jan 4, 2011
49 posts
31 upvotes
Wow, some people are unbelievable!
I'll check the warehouse first before I order online.
Thanks for the tips.
Mar 18, 2008
542 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto
JMik wrote: Quite a few reviews saying this thing conks out in less than a year. Can't find any information on how long the warranty lasts.
I’ve had it for 3 years and still working normally!