• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2019 3:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1099 posts
109 upvotes

[Costco] truMedic InstaShiatsu+ IS-2000 Shoulder and Neck Massager - $99.99

I read positive reviews on the built quality and Costco warranty is a piece of mind.

Shipping & Handling Included

Features:
8 deep-kneading massage nodes
Auto-reverse feature changes rotation of massage
Optional heat for soothing relief
it's the cordless one, lacking a feature that allow you to control the intensity of your massage that comes with truMedic IS-3000. You may increase/adjust the pressure with arm straps.

Link
18 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3155 posts
1866 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought one of these for my mom cause it’s more portable than her message chair/so she can use it when she is watching tv. It’s ok but according to my mom, it’s a bit weak when compared to a message chair.
Jun 26, 2019
88 posts
230 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 7:54 pm
Bought one of these for my mom cause it’s more portable than her message chair/so she can use it when she is watching tv. It’s ok but according to my mom, it’s a bit weak when compared to a message chair.
I got my mom a Hitachi Magic Wand for Mother's Day and she said it was just as strong as a massage chair. Only gripe is that it's a bit harder to target specific spots on your back.
Dec 23, 2015
271 posts
819 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Highly recommended
Build and quality is excellent
Nov 26, 2008
627 posts
185 upvotes
GTA
The wife has it and still uses it after a year. It doesn’t beat my masseuse but does a great job on my golf and tennis elbow.
Jun 14, 2006
643 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
I believe the Amazon one requires to be plugged in, Costco is rechargeable.
Jul 22, 2009
269 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Bigpapi99 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 8:24 pm
Would you guys recommend this Costco model or the below model from Amazon that's also on sale for cheaper ?

https://www.amazon.ca/Massager-Shoulder ... B06XWQ4NZF
Costco model 100%.

I bought the amazon for myself, bought costco version for my mom during a sale previously. I always end up using it when I visit my parents, it is so much better.

Ended up returning the amazon version.
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Jul 22, 2018
22 posts
7 upvotes
xmdkx4u2nv wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 10:56 pm
Costco model 100%.

I bought the amazon for myself, bought costco version for my mom during a sale previously. I always end up using it when I visit my parents, it is so much better.

Ended up returning the amazon version.
Any note for why you returned the Amazon one/why you thought the Costco one is better? The Amazon one has a $20 coupon, bringing it down to almost 50% the price of the Costco one.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3663 posts
614 upvotes
Mississauga
Isn't a corded one usually stronger than rechargeable?

I've been debating on that and amazon/costco.
Oct 25, 2010
512 posts
197 upvotes
Bigpapi99 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 8:24 pm
Would you guys recommend this Costco model or the below model from Amazon that's also on sale for cheaper ?

https://www.amazon.ca/Massager-Shoulder ... B06XWQ4NZF
I only have the maxkare massager (so same brand you linked but different massager) that goes behind your back or neck. It was listed as a hot deal maybe a couple weeks ago here on redflagdeals. I was blown away at how strong it is as I have a really good massage chair. The lil maxkare massager is strong enuf that i can put my whole weight on it And it keeps on going. It’s way better than one i got at Costco about a year ago that I ended up returning
May 13, 2015
394 posts
416 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
i impulse bought one of these at costco a couple years ago when they had a demo going. I do like it, but it's kind of expensive. I feel like the amazon one might be better value (but I've never tried that one).

I like that you can use it on lots of different parts of your body and you can make it stronger or weaker by how hard you pull it against your body. I guess it's designed for your neck, but you can use it on your back or wherever. When I had some sciatica pain, I used it to massage my ass and thighs and it works well for that. I have one of those homedic back massagers too that go over the back of a chair... and that one is great also... but the advantage of this one is that you can use it on basically any part of your body. You can even put it on the floor and use it as a foot massager.

The one issue i've had with this is that it doesn't seem to hold a charge well. If I haven't used it for a while, the battery is always completely dead. But it has pass-through charging, so once you plug it in, it works right away. Still works like new several years later... but I don't use it all that often to be honest. Not that it isn't good... I just forget about it a lot.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2408 posts
255 upvotes
dealzhuntr wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 8:01 pm
I got my mom a Hitachi Magic Wand for Mother's Day and she said it was just as strong as a massage chair. Only gripe is that it's a bit harder to target specific spots on your back.
Troll post of the year.
Sep 1, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
So we just got ours shipped, we plugged it in for two hours, and the light was still red, so we could use it while plugged in, but once we unplugged it, it wouldn't work. We left it plugged in another 5 hours and it's still red. What do we have to do for it to be fully charged so we can use it while unplugged?
May 13, 2015
394 posts
416 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Bigpapi99 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 10:03 pm
So we just got ours shipped, we plugged it in for two hours, and the light was still red, so we could use it while plugged in, but once we unplugged it, it wouldn't work. We left it plugged in another 5 hours and it's still red. What do we have to do for it to be fully charged so we can use it while unplugged?
I would return it. Mine will work fine unplugged if I charge it for like half an hour or something like that. The issue I have with mine, is that if I leave it unplugged for a few days, the battery will always be fully drained. But you should be able to use it unplugged after charging it for a little bit.