• Apr 8th, 2021 9:07 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1551 posts
1401 upvotes
Pallet Town

[Costco] TruMedic MC-2500 Massage Chair $3,499.99 after $1,500 off

Costco is running a promotion on the TruMedic MC-2500 massage chair, $3499.99 after $1500 off. The MC-2500 is a replacement for the MC-2000 (that many RFDers purchased a demo unit from Relaxacare) which seems to have been discontinued

Couldn't find any reviews of the unit since it's brand new, but hoping it's comparable/slightly better than the MC-2000 people seemed to like. From what I can tell, the calf massager is now adjustable and it now accepts voice commands so you don't have to fumble to find the remote when in zero gravity mode. They seemed to remove a few airbags vs the old model though

You could save $1000 by purchasing a demo MC-2000 unit from Relaxacare, but with Costco's return policy I'm willing to take a shot. Also comes in both black and brown so there's a better chance it will match people's house/furniture (major sticking point with the spouse)
131 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2564 posts
1591 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
I am considering buying a massager for my guests in NOTL. It will be a nice featured add-on. Should I wait until Black Friday for lower prices? Are there better units out there?
I love the Costco Warranty though.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1137 posts
4469 upvotes
Van Isle
StealthFinder wrote: I am considering buying a massager for my guests in NOTL. It will be a nice featured add-on. Should I wait until Black Friday for lower prices? Are there better units out there?
I love the Costco Warranty though.
Buying a unit from Costco offers 100% full customer satisfaction sans the grease. There are other retailers of this product in Canada that appear rather sketchy and due diligence is of the utmost importance if buying from other than Costco.

jm2c
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Apr 21, 2008
174 posts
153 upvotes
I follow RelaxCare on Instagram. They're always running promo codes.

Reach out directly to them and see if you can get a better deal.

They also mentioned that it takes 30days to ship from Costco.

I plan on picking one up directly from RelaxCare, closer to Christmas.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1551 posts
1401 upvotes
Pallet Town
katwittfan wrote: Buying a unit from Costco offers 100% full customer satisfaction sans the grease.
Pretty much why I bought from Costco over other places. I'm sure there are other companies who could match (Relaxacare, etc), but for buying something large, expensive and sight unseen, there's really no better comfort than knowing you can return without any hassle at any time if it's not for me.

For those who are attempting to PM at other places, remember to factor in the extra $70 executive rebate you would get. My black version said it would ship between Nov 11 and Nov 20
Jun 15, 2001
504 posts
160 upvotes
T.O.
I am looking to upgrade an older Panasonic massage chair. This chair looks like a beast in terms of real estate space. We have a smallish sized family room where this would live.

Dimensions - Height115 cm (45.28 in.)
Dimensions - Length78 cm (30.71 in.)
Dimensions - Width180 cm (70.87 in.)
Sep 25, 2016
126 posts
151 upvotes
So if anyone needs a good reason to go Costco vs other retailers: I bought a similarly priced massage chair earlier this year from Costco, and ended up not liking it a few months later. All I had to do was roll it out to the front porch, and a freight company took it away and I got a full refund. I wouldn't have even needed to move it to the front porch if it wasn't for COVID.

Show me another retailer who will offer this level of protection/flexibility.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1256 posts
165 upvotes
Brampton
I got the MC 2000 from Relaxcare and am still loving it. The Costco one appears to have a re-designed remote and features like voice control, which could be quite nice. These are improvements the MC2000 could benefit from imo. The newer look seems arguably a little nicer too. And of course, Costco's warranty is top of the line and I was definitely nervous buying such a product without it.

I would say though, I was reaching to be able to afford the chair at the price I got it at Relaxcare and I would still suggest anyone in the GTA to talk to the owner and see if he is still doing demos and what sort of deal he can work out for you personally. I would not have been able to afford it otherwise as the spread between Relaxcare and Costco is still significant if you can accept the drawbacks of the older chair and lesser peace of mind.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1551 posts
1401 upvotes
Pallet Town
FWIW I did speak with Jason since I previously placed an order for the MC-2000 demo. I asked him about the MC-2500 and whether it was worth the extra money vs the MC-2000 and he said yes, if anything because since the MC-2000 is now discontinued it'll become harder to find parts. Whether that'll actually cause issues a few years down the line remains to be seen, but it was enough to make me cancel the MC-2000

I asked if the MC-2500 core massage functionality is the same as the MC-2000 and he said it was better, but didn't go into too much detail as to how.

I agree with the other posters saying Jason was helpful. Although I ultimately didn't buy from him, for those who are okay skipping the peace of mind Costco offers and additional 2% rebate, it may be worth calling and seeing what Relaxacare can do
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2745 posts
1968 upvotes
I prefer to support local companies. Lower price is a bonus.
I went with relaxacare and was very happy with them
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Jun 22, 2009
307 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Any loopholes to get insurance to reimburse some of this cost?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5155 posts
2101 upvotes
Desii wrote: Any loopholes to get insurance to reimburse some of this cost?
lol, i need to know this too.
Nov 1, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
I've been looking into getting a massage chair for a while now but I'm overwhelmed with all the different options. The MC-2500 looks like a good buy but I also had my heart set on the iComfort IC9500 that a local store carries for $5000 (tax in) which is over my budget. I've been told by the manufacturer that another similar option to the IC9500 would be the IC4000 and they gave me insider info that this weekend Best Buy will have it at a special low price although they wouldn't tell me how much. Anyone have info on any of these?
Mar 28, 2011
915 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto
37 black ones left as of an hour or so ago
Bought one and now 36

I guess it’s not gonna be OOS anytime soon hahah

Thanks OP

Was gonna deal with Relaxacare but honestly this price point and at Costco is no brainer, I may pay a couple hundred more but worth it for the Costco peace of mind
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2564 posts
1591 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Question to those that have similar massagers?
1. How much of floor space do you need? Can it be put against a wall or does it need to lean back quite a bit for zero gravity function?
2. What is the material made of and does it have a heat function for the winter?
3. Can the material be cleaned with Lysol wipes or any other product for sanitization?

Thank you in advance.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Oct 22, 2007
395 posts
400 upvotes
At the current price points, I think the New MC-1500 for $2,399 is the better deal than the New MC-2500 for $3,499, unless voice control is really important to you.

The MC-1500 came out a few months ago.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8214 posts
582 upvotes
180cm in length?
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Mar 7, 2011
72 posts
31 upvotes
The__Rock wrote: At the current price points, I think the New MC-1500 for $2,399 is the better deal than the New MC-2500 for $3,499, unless voice control is really important to you.

The MC-1500 came out a few months ago.
Even with 2D in the MC-1500 VS 3D in the MC-2500?
Jun 29, 2019
64 posts
57 upvotes
djredhat wrote: I prefer to support local companies. Lower price is a bonus.
I went with relaxacare and was very happy with them
Me too, especially when they beat Costco price including 2% cash back by a fair bit ;) Spoke to Jason many times over phone and text, nice guy.

I agree with Costco’s easy return policy, but I don’t plan to return it :) Warranty is same regardless where you buy it from. Enjoy the massage everyone! We need it in these tough times.
Oct 22, 2007
395 posts
400 upvotes
SmartSaves wrote: Me too, especially when they beat Costco price including 2% cash back by a fair bit ;) Spoke to Jason many times over phone and text, nice guy.

I agree with Costco’s easy return policy, but I don’t plan to return it :) Warranty is same regardless where you buy it from. Enjoy the massage everyone! We need it in these tough times.
Agreed - especially in times like this....when I need to buy something and I find it on amazon, i'll actually search local stores to see if they carry it for a similar price and go buy from them instead.

Unfortunately, there are people who really take advantage and abuse Costco's return policy and I'd bet RFD is full of those types. I have a neighbour who literally buys clothing/shoes from Costco, wears them for a couple years, then returns then. Same with their kids clothes - once they outgrow it, they return it. They buy Vaccuums, etc, and once new models come out, they return the old one and buy the new one, then rinse, repeat.