Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Tumi Latitude International Carry-on Luggage ($399.97, Reg: $850)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 8:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3234 posts
498 upvotes
Don't be nosey

[Costco] Tumi Latitude International Carry-on Luggage ($399.97, Reg: $850)

Just stumbled upon a great find on Costco.ca: the Tumi Latitude International Carry-on is selling for $399.97. I know this promo may not be for everyone, but for the avid traveller this is a great alternative compared to their famous Alpha 3 line.

It's selling for $850 on Tumi: https://ca.tumi.com/p/international-carry-on-0287660D/

Enjoy!
Last edited by RunOrDie on Dec 27th, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
45 replies
Sep 30, 2019
108 posts
119 upvotes
upvoted for a solid deal. . .

a lot more than a casual traveller like me will spend on luggage, especially during covid times, but for a seasoned business traveller, it looks pretty damn good. . .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5081 posts
1783 upvotes
Ottawa
Only $199.97 Im in. I bought a knock off Tumi backpack for $100, it’s exactly the same as airport $700 one. Even the sales can’t tell the difference.
Mar 10, 2012
62 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can vouch for Tumi quality, pre-covid i was doing 50+ flights a year for the last 4 years. Highly recommend, all my Tumi luggage is still going strong.

This is a solid price; if i was still upgrading I'd consider grabbing this as I do like this new styling.
Feb 4, 2017
49 posts
120 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: So? Costco guaranteed
Does Costco give you a 5 yr warranty? Because you loose the Tumi one.
Jun 29, 2010
96 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
......no you don't. Tumi's warranty is product based not retailer based, as long as you register the product and it is an legit product.

i've purchased numerous tumi alpha luggages of various sized from non authorized retailers, and they are able to honor the warranty service every time, from the wheels to name tag change.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1092 posts
1089 upvotes
Abbotsford
PCAvalon wrote: Does Costco give you a 5 yr warranty? Because you loose the Tumi one.
Costco gives you a lifetime warranty
Mar 25, 2010
94 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
For higher end luggage also look at Briggs and Riley. They are priced around the same as Tumi but have a true lifetime, no questions asked warranty. You don't need a receipt and it covers airline damage. I have brought back luggage to get repaired that is over 10 years old and never any issue.
Apr 6, 2017
838 posts
1302 upvotes
I agree with the poster above. After 15 years on the road. Briggs and Riley is in a class above Tumi. The main issue with Tumi is the quality. After using computer bags, back packs and various size roller bags. It just doesn’t hold up like Briggs and Riley. The worst is the ballistic nylon, it begins to fray as soon as you start using it.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4178 posts
2066 upvotes
PCAvalon wrote: Does Costco give you a 5 yr warranty? Because you loose the Tumi one.
Says right on the item page..in place of manufacturer's warranty, they'll return the item for any reason since they aren't an authorized dealer.

So, while not a warranty (e.g. you can't have it repaired) you can at least get your money back.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3241 posts
1810 upvotes
YUL/YVR
denbo30 wrote: For higher end luggage also look at Briggs and Riley. They are priced around the same as Tumi but have a true lifetime, no questions asked warranty. You don't need a receipt and it covers airline damage. I have brought back luggage to get repaired that is over 10 years old and never any issue.
Costco carried one 2 years back. Been waiting since, and still haven't came back.
It wasn't exaclty the nicest design either, but for the lifetime warranty/repair, I didn't mind.
The downside to B&G is they really only have 2 ish hardshell models, that's about it.
Last edited by AdamKing on Dec 27th, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7682 posts
1361 upvotes
Toronto
HansMolemann wrote: Decent deals for Tumi at other retailers as well if you look around. Managed to pick up a Tegra Lite 4-Wheeled International carry on tonight for $215 taxes in (reg. $960+tax).
Where u get this deal? Dirt cheap Tumis hasn't happened for a very long time.
I Beleive 2016 of Dec amazon had tumi for70% off and several of us waited couple months b4 we got them.

V3 carryon for $100, mid size tegra lites for 300. It was amazing deals.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2017 posts
2579 upvotes
GTA
Tumi is highly regarded, but you can get decent and durable luggage for a lot less., with some luck.
I’m still using a “Swiss Army” carryon that I got for $70, It has been around the world multiple times and been on much more than a hundred trips, many checked cause I had to. Looks and works like new.
All that said, we also have a lot of crap luggage, a lot of real sh!t that I’m embarrassed we have. Cheap and it was; not a good deal at all. :(

Buy good, buy once. And if you luck out to something super cheap and durable, then you have done really well. It’s rare. Tumi and other good brands are the safe choices.
Feb 4, 2017
49 posts
120 upvotes
hvc wrote: Says right on the item page..in place of manufacturer's warranty, they'll return the item for any reason since they aren't an authorized dealer.

So, while not a warranty (e.g. you can't have it repaired) you can at least get your money back.
Think they’ll do that for 5 yrs?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2949 posts
830 upvotes
Vancouver
If you happen to be in Europe or UK, check this carry-on. It sometimes goes for 1/2 price.

Horizn Studios M5 Smart Luggage regular price EU$ 360 or GBP 360.

The world’s first luggage with a removable smart charger, engineered in Germany to make your journey seamless, and as enjoyable as your destination. Featuring a water-resistant front pocket for easy access to your 15” laptop and travel documents. Pack for up to a week.

Features
• One-click removable smart charger – cabin approved for all airlines
• High-end Japanese 360° spinner wheels
• Aerospace-grade German polycarbonate hard shell
• Water-resistant front pocket for up to 15” laptop and travel essentials
• Inbuilt compression pad and premium laundry bag

Material
Hard shell: Aerospace-grade German polycarbonate
Lining: Premium water-resistant nylon
Front pocket: High-end PU, water-resistant premium nylon
100% vegan

What's in the box?
M5 Smart Cabin Luggage
10,000 mAh Smart Charger
1m USB charging cable
Premium laundry bag
Luggage Tag
User manual
Dust protector

Details
Width x Height x Depth: 40cm x 55cm x 20cm
Volume: 33L
Weight: 3.6kg
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4105 posts
3566 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PCDawg wrote: Where u get this deal? Dirt cheap Tumis hasn't happened for a very long time.
I Beleive 2016 of Dec amazon had tumi for70% off and several of us waited couple months b4 we got them.

V3 carryon for $100, mid size tegra lites for 300. It was amazing deals.

Yeah, I remember posting that awhile back. It's a shame I didn't end up buying any.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10401 posts
1700 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: Only $199.97 Im in. I bought a knock off Tumi backpack for $100, it’s exactly the same as airport $700 one. Even the sales can’t tell the difference.
is this what we do know on rfd?? comparing knockoffs vs authetic?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4178 posts
2066 upvotes
PCAvalon wrote: Think they’ll do that for 5 yrs?
I think they'll do it for your lifetime.. lol