• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2019 11:55 pm
[OP]
May 10, 2006
497 posts
88 upvotes
YVR/YYC

[Costco] TurboTax Standard 2018 Digital $29.99 + 3x Aeroplan Miles

Costco has the digital download version for $5 cheaper than a regular copy. I believe the other (digital) versions are $5 off too if you guys need the other versions just search for it. I bought it and got the code via email within 10 minutes.

Plus there is 3x Aeroplan miles if you register your Aeroplan number and use the code: AERO3
54 replies
Feb 14, 2017
26 posts
16 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
It has been the in-store price too.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1588 posts
387 upvotes
This is their regular price... I've been watching it all month waiting for them to discount it like they did last year. Yes I'm cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9781 posts
8996 upvotes
Regular price $35 at SDM. Get senior 20% off regular price on every Thursday. Net $28+tax.
If you cannot find a senior to go with you, wait for family and friend event to get 20% off regular price.
If you are PC Optimum collector, you get 420 ($28 x 15) points = $0.42
Using PC WE MC to pay to get another 3% back in points.

Last year, RCSS was selling Turbotax for $35 with $10 RCSS GC. Net $25. Another sale to monitor this year.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4702 posts
2476 upvotes
Kitchener
You can actually file with TurboTax online for free.
Jul 29, 2016
50 posts
28 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 12:51 pm
it is free when you have nothing to file.
Nov 8, 2013
286 posts
153 upvotes
so all those commercials of TurboTax being free, free free free are lies?
Feb 15, 2005
164 posts
4 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 12:51 pm
TurboTax online is another product and its current box price is the same as CD box version.
I've been waiting hoping that TurboTax online will appear soon with discount.
Feb 20, 2018
15 posts
10 upvotes
ihorzu wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 12:54 pm
it is free when you have nothing to file.
Not true; I have filed for free last year - regular stuff - T4, RSPs, T5 etc.
The free version is a basic version only, no bells and whistles. I would advise to use it only if you know what you're doing. It will provide only limited guidance within the program. However, it is FREE.
Jul 26, 2018
246 posts
213 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Leverage wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 12:24 pm
Love SimpleTax, I usually donate some money to them every year when I file.

Too bad next year I'll have to use EY due to a more complicated tax situation...
Nov 13, 2011
10 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
At Staples, TurboTax is $27.99 + tax on Feb 23 only.
Jul 29, 2016
50 posts
28 upvotes
LadyBug999 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 2:34 pm
The free version is a basic version only, no bells and whistles. I would advise to use it only if you know what you're doing. It will provide only limited guidance within the program. However, it is FREE.
may be I have to give it another try but last time I tried it I started it as a free version, I remember I was able to enter t4 slip and child benefits, but at some point it started asking for money. I don't remember exact point when it happen, sorry.
I completed my data entrance, saved all the forms with watermarks and then copied everything to the free simple tax. I filed my taxes from there.
After that I decided $30 does not worth of all the hassle and I'm buying turbotax every year since then.
Sep 2, 2010
241 posts
64 upvotes
If you have PC Optimum, I'd watch your offers too. I had an offer where I got 7500 PC points for any purchase over $30. Even though SDM was selling TurboTax at a higher price than other competitor, the final price was still cheaper than the $29.99.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3919 posts
841 upvotes
Vancouver
LadyBug999 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 2:34 pm
ihorzu wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 3:18 pm
may be I have to give it another try but last time I tried it I started it as a free version, I remember I was able to enter t4 slip and child benefits, but at some point it started asking for money. I don't remember exact point when it happen, sorry.
I completed my data entrance, saved all the forms with watermarks and then copied everything to the free simple tax. I filed my taxes from there.
After that I decided $30 does not worth of all the hassle and I'm buying turbotax every year since then.
TurboTax lets you do almost everything for free up until the point of filing. Basic filing is free.

....Simple Tax is also free. If you're like the millions of Canadians filing only T4, T5, RRSP contributions, and investment income (aka 'an uncomplicated tax situation'), it really is the way to go. With CRA auto-fill, literally almost everything was pre-populated and I was ready to submit within seconds of starting a new return.
Removed external link in signature.