Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

TurboTax Standard 2018 Digital $29.99 + 3x Aeroplan Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2019 11:55 pm
Dec 24, 2012
257 posts
52 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
checked the description Turbo tax "standard" at costco saying no stocks section. true ?
Jun 29, 2005
494 posts
65 upvotes
can simple tax or studio tax do self-employed or commission based individual?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Guys - I'd avoid buying this and to those who did - be careful or return it. They just had a cyber attack.
Blanka
Jan 15, 2016
120 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I’m assuming this applies to the online version. Those that install on their computer and net file directly to CRA, I don’t think would be affected.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
rly dont understand why would anyone buy this. If you prefer to store your data on the cloud there is simpletax. If you prefer to do it locally there is studio tax. They are both free in a sense as a donation is optional. Why pay for this crap and it's not like their security is top-notch and data got leaked.
Dec 22, 2009
207 posts
116 upvotes
YYC
Had to use SimpleTax to correct an issue with an error on StudioTax (used for the last 8 years), I thought it was clear, simple and quick, most probably will use it from now on. Just x fingers they don't share, leak, get hacked or burn my info into flames.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ihorzu wrote: it is free when you have nothing to file.
No that's incorrect. I have a decently complex return and I use the free version every year
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
May 1, 2017
15 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, I wanted to give a shoutout to whoever mentioned SimpleTax. Tried it and loved it. Took the leap from Turbotax and filed my tax in 10 mins. Didn't pay a cent this time but may donate next year - jury still out until I get my refund!
Apr 30, 2017
597 posts
1089 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
Everyone on here bragging about Simple Tax... Is Quebec the only place where we file also on the provincial side? Simple tax is useless for us...
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1717 posts
717 upvotes
Markham
JonDuke19 wrote: Everyone on here bragging about Simple Tax... Is Quebec the only place where we file also on the provincial side? Simple tax is useless for us...
I think only BC and Quebec escape the wrath of harper tax....
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3233 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
Studio and simple tax both sucks for Quebec

Studio doesn’t seem to take care of collective insurance

After trying both studio and turbo tax and made a friendly accountant check both

Told me studio is not right for provincial part

Paying 30$ for 2 tax return worth of 4K total is good enough for me
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
Leverage wrote: Image
Me too, I love SimpleTax. Their UI is user friendly and it makes very easy to file your taxes. They don’t ask for anything but you can always donate to support them. You might be $100s to accountants or whatever which you can easily do by yourself. Also, they can take questions through email.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
Tried SimpleTax for the first time based on this thread and it seems to be pretty awesome. Has anyone done their return with both TurboTax and SimpleTax and noticed any difference in the expected payment/refund?
Apr 28, 2017
89 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I used H & R block for few years. It was pretty good software. But now they made online version. So i am planning to switch to either SimpleTax or StudioTax. I like keeping the data on my computer. So i believe StudioTax would be better