• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 10:47 am
[OP]
May 27, 2007
225 posts
136 upvotes
British Columbia

TurboTax Standard - Download for Windows $29.99

Costco is offering TurboTax Standard for download to Windows. Regular $34.99 for $29.99

Features:

Guides you every step of the way and double checks your return as you go to handle even the toughest tax situations
Auto-fill My Return gives you a jump-start on your return by automatically importing your 2020 tax slips from the CRA and putting them on the right forms
Up-to-date with the latest tax laws—including the new Canada Child Benefit, so you can be confident your taxes will be done right
Make adjustments to filed returns for Tax Year 2019 and submit online to the CRA using ReFILE
Immediately view your notice of assessment from the CRA after you successfully submitted your return via NETFILE
Help along the way— FREE product phone support 7 days a week during tax time
Securely submit your return directly to the CRA’s NETFILE service with just one click and get your refund in as few as 8 days!
Made for Canadians
TurboTax may only be installed on three computers, activation via internet or phone is required.

System Requirements

Windows 8 or 10 required. (Windows 7 not supported).
RAM: 1 GB or more.
Internet connection required.
Hard Disk Space 500 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft.NET 4.5.2 if not already installed). Adobe Reader 10 or higher (or compatible PDF reader) required.
Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0 or greater required.
Third Party Software: Adobe Reader 10 or higher (or compatible PDF reader) required
TurboTax may only be installed on three computers, activation via internet is required.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 19th, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
77 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2735 posts
1157 upvotes
Quebec
It’s normal price on Costco site
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
4994 posts
5771 upvotes
GTA
Unless you actually need more than 4 returns at $30-$35 this is the most expensive tax software.
Apr 20, 2011
734 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
Why should I get this vs using Simpletax? Pros and cons?
May 20, 2011
197 posts
320 upvotes
CALGARY
Use GenuTax or one of the other free tax solutions out there.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
4994 posts
5771 upvotes
GTA
FAQ wrote: BestBuy has basic version (4 returns) for 19.95

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tu ... lsrc=aw.ds
The basic version is missing some features included in the standard edition and isn't recommended if you have RRSP, dependents or medical expenses. It also doesn't optimize your return for you. Other people can use it but its basically meant for people with not much more than a T4.
Jan 4, 2014
442 posts
565 upvotes
Paris
iRSX2011 wrote: Use GenuTax or one of the other free tax solutions out there.
Bought Turbo Tax for a few years and then started using Studio Tax (free). I haven't seen any differences.
May be wrong, but I'm sure people here will let me know...
Nov 27, 2013
380 posts
193 upvotes
IslandTourGuide wrote:
Bought Turbo Tax for a few years and then started using Studio Tax (free). I haven't seen any differences.
May be wrong, but I'm sure people here will let me know...
iRSX2011 wrote: Use GenuTax or one of the other free tax solutions out there.

Can You NETFILE on the Free Tax software available and do the free options have income limitations?

Like Turbotax free is a joke, You need to make like 20k a year and no NETFILE as far as I know
Jan 4, 2014
442 posts
565 upvotes
Paris
Exodus1989 wrote: You can have Studio Tax for $15, 20 returns
Thanks very much. Just saw this in another post. I wasn't aware they now charge $15. All-in-all still good value and does everything the other tax software does.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3703 posts
1815 upvotes
Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote: iirc it was on sale for $26.99 last year...so Intuit jacked up to $35 this year.
I'd just wait, there's usually sales in late Jan or Feb at Costco, Staples, etc.
Aug 5, 2018
100 posts
459 upvotes
dainfamous41 wrote: Why should I get this vs using Simpletax? Pros and cons?
Really only reason to go with TurboTax is if you like your money to end up going towards lobbying the government to keep taxes complicated.
saulin wrote: Can You NETFILE on the Free Tax software available and do the free options have income limitations?

Like Turbotax free is a joke, You need to make like 20k a year and no NETFILE as far as I know

Simpletax, Genutax, and Studiotax all provide the same functionality without any income cliffs or limitations. As of this year Studiotax charges $15, but Simpletax and Genutax are still free and much more ethically sound than TurboTax.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
4994 posts
5771 upvotes
GTA
dainfamous41 wrote: Why should I get this vs using Simpletax? Pros and cons?
I believe all of the free tax software companies store your tax information on their servers, which some people don't like. If you want to buy one I would go with StudioTax or Ufile, both are cheaper than TurboTax.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23719 posts
188532 upvotes
GTA
That's too bad about StudioTax no longer being free, but it's still one of the cheaper options...
Nov 16, 2005
5 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
Can I download this TurboTax in two different computer?
Mar 10, 2011
474 posts
394 upvotes
Niagara
Price in title please
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)