• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 2:11 pm
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
25 posts
11 upvotes
London

[Costco] Type S Solar Powered HD Quick-Connect Wireless Backup Camera $99.99

Costco Warehouse has Type S Solar Powered HD Quick-Connect Wireless Backup Camera on sale for $99.99. I can’t find it on Costco.ca. There were about 10 at Costco Wonderland Rd N two hours ago.
24CEA875-0223-4ADE-BBD5-8A18A92EF90A.jpeg
33 replies
Dec 24, 2012
189 posts
38 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
last year, people said no good ... signal issue and camera issue. It took sometimes to see the picture as well. not sure
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2769 posts
3486 upvotes
Calgary
I can't be the only one that thinks of this when they see 'Type-S', right? For a cool price of $60K, that one has a camera too!

Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10701 posts
5044 upvotes
bigcircle wrote: last year, people said no good ... signal issue and camera issue. It took sometimes to see the picture as well. not sure
Thanks for that. Was going to see if i could find one but wont bother.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Sep 21, 2020
8 posts
11 upvotes
shoppingsheep wrote: This remindes me on the story about being illegal to have dealship frame covering part of the license plate.

"While having a dealership frame around a licence plate is still an offence"
Couple of years ago, I did get a ticket for having a licence plate frame, which the dealership had put on.

Went to court, lost. I even showed them pics of police cruisers with them on.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1423 posts
1098 upvotes
Ottawa
shoppingsheep wrote: This remindes me on the story about being illegal to have dealship frame covering part of the license plate.

"While having a dealership frame around a licence plate is still an offence"
It's actually about a guy that didn't have a clue (although it was confirmed it "could" be an offence):

From the article: Ganeshan said “He did not have the front licence plate affixed to the front of the car when he was pulled over.”

"When CTV News contacted Giordano to ask him why he said he got a ticket for having a dealer licence frame around his plate, he said that is why he thought he got the ticket."

"However, he did confirm that he did not have his front licence plate attached to the front of his car and that the plate was on his dash."

I have been pulled over in the past for not displaying a front plate properly as well but was given a warning for fixing it since I had moved from a place that allowed one or two plates.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3085 posts
3039 upvotes
GTA
sthakur001 wrote: Couple of years ago, I did get a ticket for having a licence plate frame, which the dealership had put on.

Went to court, lost. I even showed them pics of police cruisers with them on.
I don't get it. If they are illegal then they shouldn't be allowed to put them on and the stores shouldn't be allowed to sell them or the complete covers. If you put one of these cameras over your licence plate you can be given a ticket for ‘rear plate not entirely visible’. It's not likely you will be pulled over just for that but it could be added on if you are stopped for something else.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2660 posts
1011 upvotes
Ottawa
cloak wrote: "When CTV News contacted Giordano to ask him why he said he got a ticket for having a dealer licence frame around his plate, he said that is why he thought he got the ticket."

"However, he did confirm that he did not have his front licence plate attached to the front of his car and that the plate was on his dash."

I have been pulled over in the past for not displaying a front plate properly as well but was given a warning for fixing it since I had moved from a place that allowed one or two plates.
That still sounds absolutely stupid. There are countless rice rockets that don't have their plates up front. Heck, I've seen some that have HK plates or even EU plates up front because they want to be extra cool. I've also seen plenty that have their plate up on their dash on the inside.
Feb 27, 2017
93 posts
154 upvotes
These are available for at Big Box Outlet in Murrayville. They sell mostly costco returns and discontinued items.

I believe they were under $100.

I also have this plate camera and works as advertised about 90% of the time. Happy with it just wish I hadn't paid full price at costco originally.

Bought wifi 2 pack light switches that costco was selling for around 30-40 for 12 bucks for the pair. They weren't in original packaging just in ziploc bags. Bought about 8 and 1 didn't work. Just exchanged it.

Great deals at Big box outlet.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1069 posts
638 upvotes
BC
seafish wrote: I was stopped and ticketed just for a transparent cover of the rear plate in Quebec
Well that transparent cover can be used to blur red light cameras... Even thou you are probably using it to keep the licence plate clean..

I think it's also illegal in BC
Last edited by muffin4life on Feb 19th, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1069 posts
638 upvotes
BC
I assume you will still need to connect to tail light to detect reverse signal?
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
25 posts
11 upvotes
London
bigcircle wrote: last year, people said no good ... signal issue and camera issue. It took sometimes to see the picture as well. not sure
Used this camera for 2 days. Most of the time I can see the picture a few seconds after waving in front of the sensor. Sometimes it took 5-10 seconds to see the picture.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
25 posts
11 upvotes
London
ZipSpeed wrote: I can't be the only one that thinks of this when they see 'Type-S', right? For a cool price of $60K, that one has a camera too!

This is exactly what I thought when seeing Type S.
TLX type S looks pretty good to me. 355HP is a bit weak for the 60K tag. It would be nice to have 400HP like Q50 RS.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1069 posts
638 upvotes
BC
ZhiqiangW20213 wrote: Used this camera for 2 days. Most of the time I can see the picture a few seconds after waving in front of the sensor. Sometimes it took 5-10 seconds to see the picture.
So is it worth the purchase in your opinion? Don't really want to tap into my cars electrical if avoidable...
Aug 30, 2009
99 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
muffin4life wrote: Well that transparent cover can be used to blur red light cameras... Even thou you are probably using it to keep the licence plate clean..
I think it's also illegal in BC
I believe in BC this frame will cover the insurance expiry sticker, so it shouldn't even be sold in BC.