• May 30th, 2021 7:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3448 posts
3897 upvotes

[Costco] U.S. Divers Adult Silicone Snorkeling Set $29.97

Both sizes on sale.

Note that size measurements are for feet size to get the correct fin size.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
19 replies
Aug 25, 2012
274 posts
526 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Snorkel? Where? Lake Huron?
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Aug 29, 2018
331 posts
202 upvotes
I see brown water and garbage
Sep 4, 2011
3 posts
4 upvotes
Sarnia
Not sure where you are looking in the Lake.
Dec 4, 2017
341 posts
417 upvotes
Whitby
frozatio wrote: Snorkel? Where? Lake Huron?
I went to Tubermory and Flower Pot and was really surprise. Yes, prior to COVID.
Nov 3, 2009
171 posts
135 upvotes
toronto
If I wear contacts - can I use this not to get water in to my eyes? Sounds dumb but I really don’t know
Aug 19, 2012
56 posts
114 upvotes
Halifax
frozatio wrote: Snorkel? Where? Lake Huron?
Some of us live by the ocean, friend. Lakes can be awesome for snorkeling too.
Decent set, 100% submersible dry top snorkel, but fins not with full foot pocket and mask silicone not transparent (thus a bit claustrophobic for some in this case)

Thank you OP.
“Ravel Puzzlewell: What can change the nature of a man?”
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8930 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
runnersgambit wrote: If I wear contacts - can I use this not to get water in to my eyes? Sounds dumb but I really don’t know
Yes, that's what some people do for diving or snorkeling. But you have to have a bit more experience to know not to let water in at will.

You can also buy snorkels and use prescription lense(s), at higher cost.
Aug 19, 2012
56 posts
114 upvotes
Halifax
runnersgambit wrote: If I wear contacts - can I use this not to get water in to my eyes? Sounds dumb but I really don’t know
You just need a decent set of swim goggles, like Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
“Ravel Puzzlewell: What can change the nature of a man?”
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7821 posts
3967 upvotes
If your mask gets flooded you could still lose your contacts. The SO scuba dives with contacts but I personally prefer paying$55 for prescription dive mask off of Amazon
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1951 posts
649 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I lost one contact lens when doing snorkeling.
Fortunately that's the last day of my 2 week vacation...snorkeled almost everyday.
Last edited by MrBigNose on May 30th, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2013
232 posts
234 upvotes
Kitchener
Note that a correctly fitting mask is the most important thing for snorkelling and scuba diving, it may well be the difference between you choosing to snorkel again. The easiest way to test fit is to hold the mask up to your face and breath in through your nose. If you can hold the mask in place it fits fine, if it's a struggle that means that air is getting in which means water will get in, at best thats a minor annoyance (a slow leak) at worst it makes it almost entirely unusable.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22512 posts
27240 upvotes
Toronto
MrMello wrote: I went to Tubermory and Flower Pot and was really surprise. Yes, prior to COVID.
Tobermory was so clear for swimming. Loved it. Cooler water kept the masses out. More room for me. Grab a wetsuit to extend your swimming season
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2162 posts
423 upvotes
Canada
I wear contacts when I snorkel. Usually the mask will keep the water out, but this is not guaranteed. If you don't currently use daily-wear disposable contacts, you may want to invest in a few pairs so you can throwaway and have a fresh pair after snorkeling. The reason is that sometimes water may get into your eyes while you're snorkeling, and continuing to wear the same pair of contacts after snorkeling could lead to an eye infection since there are micro-organisms in the water.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4928 posts
1564 upvotes
Kitchener
I feel like I got my set for 19.97 in store last year. (Haven't used it yet lol)

Are the local beaches even open?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Oct 18, 2017
362 posts
711 upvotes
New Brunswick
Thundercloud wrote: I feel like I got my set for 19.97 in store last year. (Haven't used it yet lol)

Are the local beaches even open?
Depends what is considered local. In a lot of provinces, the beaches never closed.
Jan 11, 2009
157 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
Best used in Lake Ontario by the Pickering Plant. Lots of variety of fish. Some newly discovered too!
Jun 3, 2007
525 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
BubbaSPX wrote: Best used in Lake Ontario by the Pickering Plant. Lots of variety of fish. Some newly discovered too!
Checks out!