Up to $130 off when you buy 4 Michelin Tires

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2021 5:59 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
268 posts
178 upvotes

[Costco] Up to $130 off when you buy 4 Michelin Tires

I just received an email from Costco, and the promotion is on the Costco website as well.

Up to $130 off for a set of 4 (certain types) Michelin tires. Looks like the biggest discounts I have seen from Costco these few years. Valid until May 2nd.

Details:
$130 off a set of 4 MICHELIN® LTX™, A/T2 tires or any tires from the PILOT®, CrossClimate® (excluding MICHELIN® Agilis® CrossClimate® tires) or Primacy™ tire lines ($70 value + $60 additional spring value). $100 off a set of 4 MICHELIN® passenger or light truck tires. Please see the warehouse for a complete list of eligible tires or visit Tires.costco.ca. Offer only available on the purchase of 4 MICHELIN® tires. This offer cannot be combined with any other Michelin promotion or purchase offer. Offer valid only at Costco warehouses in Canada and online at Costco.ca. Wheels not included.
Thread Summary
Looking for some new tires? Check our RFD Reviews' top picks for the best winter or all season tires!
26 replies
Sep 25, 2018
871 posts
1641 upvotes
They are really having a hard time selling tires this year. I don't think I've seen rebates happen so frequently and lasting for so long in the past few years.
May 27, 2017
302 posts
433 upvotes
They jacked up the tires I was looking @ by $60 a set and the rebate is $100

So $100-$60 = $40 is the actual savings
Nov 13, 2017
427 posts
287 upvotes
My CrossClimate 2 is already on the way to my local Costco warehouse. Placed my order on Monday
Sep 23, 2014
661 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DGSSSG wrote: My CrossClimate 2 is already on the way to my local Costco warehouse. Placed my order on Monday
Same for me, the technology of these tires are phenomenal.
Nov 26, 2018
249 posts
234 upvotes
how do costco tire purchases work? it says there's an install fee of $80. does that include rim/wheel swaps too? i assume the centers have machines for 19" wheels?
Jan 18, 2005
286 posts
82 upvotes
konig1 wrote: how do costco tire purchases work? it says there's an install fee of $80. does that include rim/wheel swaps too? i assume the centers have machines for 19" wheels?
Yes, it includes swapping new tires onto existing rims...they also charge a 3.99/tire TPMS charge as well to move the TPMS sensors over.
Nov 13, 2017
427 posts
287 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Same for me, the technology of these tires are phenomenal.
Yep. I've watched a few reviews and some CC2 users' videos on YouTube. Basically they all say CrossClimate 2 is a top pick and TireRack rated CC2 as No.1 in Grand Touring All-Season Tires.
I believe it's going to worth every penny Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 26, 2018
249 posts
234 upvotes
LttlScamp wrote: Yes, it includes swapping new tires onto existing rims...they also charge a 3.99/tire TPMS charge as well to move the TPMS sensors over.
so if my rims were on snow tires, they will remove it and install on new tires for the $80? that's pretty cheap actually. my local tire guy charges like $100.
May 26, 2013
149 posts
195 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
its worth it to drive across the border to Buffalo to get your tires done if you're in the GTA.

no environmental disposal fees, better selection, better prices, less sales tax, even factoring in the currency exchange.
Nov 9, 2013
727 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
dbcanuck wrote: its worth it to drive across the border to Buffalo to get your tires done if you're in the GTA.

no environmental disposal fees, better selection, better prices, less sales tax, even factoring in the currency exchange.
Isn’t the border closed?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4970 posts
26334 upvotes
Montreal
Jan 1st sale was really the best..I had ordered my CrossClimate2 when they were 20% off - had saved 240$ in all on the order for my 20". Today I'd only save $130.

Just sharing in case anyone is saying to themselves "Is this the best deal I can get..."
Last edited by krazykanuck on Mar 17th, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1849 posts
1429 upvotes
Pirelli deal was better but unfortunately none left in my tire size. I find the prices high for the Michelins.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2688 posts
867 upvotes
Lévis
dbcanuck wrote: its worth it to drive across the border to Buffalo to get your tires done if you're in the GTA.

Yeah, those damn environmental fees! I really miss the good old days when old tires magically disapear.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5419 posts
5419 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
People will really do anything to save a buck even at the expense of everything else huh.

What about the gas
Nov 3, 2018
314 posts
142 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Same for me, the technology of these tires are phenomenal.
How about insurance winter tire discount? Are they satisfied CrossClimate's two have three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol and that is it? Or are there any nuances?
Dec 25, 2007
576 posts
478 upvotes
Vancouver
chemicalxv wrote: People will really do anything to save a buck even at the expense of everything else huh.

What about the gas
Never mind gas, what about the long quarantine when you get home... In the past, maybe you could get away with it on a day trip but no way right now
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1156 posts
457 upvotes
Montreal
Buffalo-Toronto, it's like what, four hours-drive back and forth? Let's say it'd take you one hour of commute if done at local shop. How much are 3 hours of your time worth?
Jul 25, 2013
225 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Lolvtec wrote: They jacked up the tires I was looking @ by $60 a set and the rebate is $100

So $100-$60 = $40 is the actual savings

i noticed the exact same thing....but they kept the rebate as $130.....so its really $70 rebate.