• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 8:47 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2012
174 posts
179 upvotes

[Costco] (UPDATE)Nikon Z6 + 24-70 f4 S ($2599) BACK IN STOCK

UPDATE Nikon Canada having a Spring Sale. Nikon Canada

Nikon Z6 24-70mm lens kit @ $2999 ($3399 less $400)

Costco.ca has made a pricing mistake: Listed at $2599 ($2999 less $400 - Update: Now has retail priced fixed but deducts $800). Nikon Z6 + 24-70 bundle All the other bundles they carry follow Nikon Canada sale prices (and always has). Other retailers I checked (BestBuy, Amazon, Henry's) also listing on sale at $2999 ($3399 kess $400)

If you're in the market like I have been (just haven't found a price to bite on until now), this is a good option to test (90 day Costco return) and if satisfactory, a good price to boot.

I also added the FTZ Mount Adapter . Bundle deal at the moment when added to camera purchase - $70 instead of $329. Discounts show at checkout.

All in for Z6 + 24-70mm + FTZ = $2670 plus taxes

EDIT Stock gone. Deal dead for now.

Back in stock, 20 Nikon Z6 bundles plus 20 FTZ adapters
Last edited by chabro on Jun 16th, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
57 replies
Mar 4, 2009
179 posts
31 upvotes
FTZ Mount Adapter is out of stock? Says product not found..
Mar 6, 2019
140 posts
183 upvotes
I know a big zero about photography, but a curious question: With lenses being priced so high, how long would it take for a photographer to get a decent return on investment for these?

I also have never hired a photographer, so no clue what they charge Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
[OP]
Dec 23, 2012
174 posts
179 upvotes
sunnyinon wrote: FTZ Mount Adapter is out of stock? Says product not found..
Yes, that's unfortunate. Went out of stock pretty quickly. Then again, Costco carries the item, but it's not like they're a camera specialty store, so they most probably don't carry a lot of stock.

EDIT: Seems they still have four Z6 + 70-200 bundles left. No FTZ's
Jan 8, 2015
120 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SubmarinePerson wrote: I know a big zero about photography, but a curious question: With lenses being priced so high, how long would it take for a photographer to get a decent return on investment for these?

I also have never hired a photographer, so no clue what they charge Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Depends on the experience and type of work you're in. For some, one booked job will cover their costs, for others it could be 20. For most, it's a hobby so the main return on their investment are high quality photos of family/friends etc.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4040 posts
5148 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
SubmarinePerson wrote: I know a big zero about photography, but a curious question: With lenses being priced so high, how long would it take for a photographer to get a decent return on investment for these?

If you're starting out, get a regular DSLR. No need to buy this, at all.

Buy a decent entry level DSLR with a 50mm prime and maybe a fast standard 17-50mm lens. Will cost you half or third of this.
Dec 24, 2011
304 posts
553 upvotes
TORONTO, Canada
Cheers OP. This would be killer if I could order with the FTZ adapter, but alas it's out of stock. I'll wait and hope it comes back.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1256 posts
550 upvotes
Good deal. The Nikon Z6 has improved a lot over the year via firmware upgrade. I went for the Sony A7III over a year ago, but if I have to choose again right now with Nikon Z6 at this price, I'll pick the Sony no hesitation.
Feb 4, 2011
36 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa

Product photography can pay. Forget models, too many are doing it for free, and as for weddings.... well it can pay but it can also be a nightmare depending on clients.

I would also NOT recommend this model for professional since it does not have a redundant card slot... so if something goes wrong, you don't have a copy of the critical photo which you need to get paid. Look at your need before buying a camera.

P.S. I have a Nikon D500 for wildlife photographs for hobby purposes.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4211 posts
1583 upvotes
Ancaster
Very capable camera. I had the Z6 + FTZ + Nikkor 24-70 f/4 S and 50 mm f/1.8 S. It was very, very impressive in low light, but the Nikon firmware was flaky. I ended up selling it for what I bought it for, which is rare.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2016 posts
1075 upvotes
Montreal
Any suggestions on the best camera/lens and technique to photograph artwork to make prints?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2057 posts
651 upvotes
Wanted to jump in and just say a few words for those new to photography. First, if you are willing to learn a bit of the craft, this camera is an absolute steal of a deal. Having said that, there are two options... Nikon and Canon. You need to know which way to go now. This makes that decision real easy. I am a Canon guy. Have a 5D Mk IV with all the L lenses and love the craft... The key here is twofold for this Nikon Z6. One... The price is a killer. Two. This camera has the latest update allowing Type-B cards to push speeds of just under 1800MB/s... which makes this camera a dream. The entire downfall of the camera industry is that camera manufacturers haven't been able to keep up, or they never cared. So even today with my Canon 5D Mk IV... an uber expensive Camera, the camera cannot keep up to the my picture taking. This is storage and the ability to move the picture you just took to the card.

Now... for beginners, if you have the money... this camera is an absolute steal. But, you need a certain degree of commitment or that camera will just sit there. As well, it may not be as set up as many less expensive models with presets for the mid-range user. For example, I started with a Canon 6D which was the best camera I have ever had in hand...because of its presets and I didn't have to learn anything. The 5DMKIV forced me to learn the photo triangle (shutter speed/aperture/ISO) and how to use these under the right conditions. Good and bad.

Right now... Considering buying the Nikon as a second only because of the CFExpress speed and I have a Lexar 256GB Type-B card sitting right here in front of me capable of 1800MB/s in=camera speed that I have no use for...as of yet.

Myself... my work is pretty well known and all who know me know I do it as it is my way to pay it forward. I do it for the love of it...a few shots. You cannot do this with a smartphone... Every one of these pictures is taken directly in front of my house... Well except for one... That's my baby during a drive through Crater Lake in Oregon...
Images
  • 121A6775.jpg
  • _21A6782.jpg
  • _21A5380.jpg
  • _21A2521.jpg
  • 121A9122-3.jpg
  • IMG_2346.JPG
Last edited by flamenko on Jun 2nd, 2020 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3349 posts
1818 upvotes
Toronto
flamenko wrote: Wanted to jump in and just say a few words for those new to photography. First, if you are willing to learn a bit of the craft, this camera is an absolute steal of a deal. Having said that, there are two options... Nikon and Canon. You need to know which way to go now. This makes that decision real easy. I am a Canon guy. Have a 5D Mk IV with all the L lenses and love the craft... The key here is twofold for this Nikon Z6. One... The price is a killer. Two. This camera has the latest update allowing Type-B cards to push speeds of just under 1800MB/s... which makes this camera a dream. The entire downfall of the camera industry is that camera manufacturers haven't been able to keep up, or they never cared. So even today with my Canon 5D Mk IV... an uber expensive Camera, the camera cannot keep up to the my picture taking. This is storage and the ability to move the picture you just took to the card.

Now... for beginners, if you have the money... this camera is an absolute steal. But, you need a certain degree of commitment or that camera will just sit there. As well, it may not be as set up as many less expensive models with presets for the mid-range user. For example, I started with a Canon 6D which was the best camera I have ever had in hand...because of its presets and iIdidn't have to learn anything. The 5DMKIV forced me to learn the photo triangle (shutter speed/aperture/ISO) and how to use these under the right conditions. Good and bad.

Myself... my work is pretty well known and all who know me know I do it as it is my way to pay it forward. I do it for the love of it...a few shots. You cannot do this with a smartphone... Every one of these pictures is taken directly in front of my house... Well except for one... That's my beby during a drive through Crater Lake in Oregon...
for beginners, wouldn't a d3400 or canon t100 work just fine instead of this? seems like a huge investment for someone who may not know whether they will commit to the dslr ecosystem if they are new to the game
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2057 posts
651 upvotes
Absolutely. The question here is that of money and a bit of forethought. If you have the money is it worth it? If you love the craft and don't want to go with the upgrade after upgrade??? Absolutely.

Here I am on my fourth camera now and looking at buying the Z6 as a second ONLY because of the CFExpress TypeB card capabilities meaning I can stretch my work just a bit further. That's why I stress knowing the direction you want to go, Nikon or Canon. I have many friends who switched and that's when it gets mighty expensive.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4211 posts
1583 upvotes
Ancaster
chadw01 wrote: for beginners, wouldn't a d3400 or canon t100 work just fine instead of this? seems like a huge investment for someone who may not know whether they will commit to the dslr ecosystem if they are new to the game
I think he prefaced his point with "if you can afford it", like three times. That is always the tension though. Go too cheap and you may outgrow your tools quickly. Go too expensive and you might not stick with it and waste a bunch of money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)