• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 9:54 pm
[OP]
Jul 6, 2005
99 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] (Updated) Keter Unity XL BBQ Cart $269.99 Online / $229.99 In-Store

I have been eyeing this for the last week. Costco just dropped the price to $269.99 from $329.99.

Update: Just found this in-store Ottawa (Gloucester) for $229.99. (Item number 1406219)
Last edited by Trapper on Jun 21st, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
41 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
5796 posts
5105 upvotes
Ottawa
This could be perfect for the Oona pizza oven and a mini kamado Joe :)
Apr 20, 2006
803 posts
534 upvotes
how do I get a price match on this if I just ordered this last week? Is that even possible?

Nevermind ... sorry found the link
Jul 25, 2018
31 posts
42 upvotes
This table must also be an aphrodisiac. The way those two models are looking at each other! Its making me uncomfortable.
Feb 4, 2004
263 posts
29 upvotes
Nice! Thanks OP. I'd been looking for a BBQ prep table but building one was too expensive with current wood costs. This will be great!
Mox

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or lose, its how drunk you get."
H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5223 posts
4223 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
tsueme wrote: This table must also be an aphrodisiac. The way those two models are looking at each other! Its making me uncomfortable.
He's gonna take her upstairs and Keter out.
Dec 3, 2008
429 posts
350 upvotes
Trapper wrote: I have been eyeing this for the last week. Costco just dropped the price to $269.99 from $329.99.
Thanks!
My mom bought this a couple weeks ago to go with their outdoor pizza oven. I think she paid $60 more.
Jan 1, 2014
83 posts
71 upvotes
Thinking of getting this in hopes my wife and I get to look as happy as the couple on the promo pic
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1663 posts
398 upvotes
Has anyone seen this in store? Wanting to check it out
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1163 posts
607 upvotes
There are a bunch of DIY videos on how to make one of these for much cheaper.
One of these days I'll find the time...
Apr 10, 2019
437 posts
870 upvotes
Ottawa
Konowl wrote: This could be perfect for the Oona pizza oven and a mini kamado Joe :)
I don't know if I would put these on a resin unit. They get rather hot and the resin might disintegrate. Sure it has a SS top but there's probably a reason they've never made a BBQ base out of resin (AFAIK).
Dec 1, 2010
231 posts
163 upvotes
Windsor
GrumpyOne1 wrote: I don't know if I would put these on a resin unit. They get rather hot and the resin might disintegrate. Sure it has a SS top but there's probably a reason they've never made a BBQ base out of resin (AFAIK).
Agreed, burn marks will happen. I'm not confident in Keter's materials when and comes to heat resistance vs BBQ companies eg Weber.
The folding SS table from Princess Auto on sale a while back would be much better.
Apr 20, 2006
803 posts
534 upvotes
It is a very cheap stainless steel but you can definitely get creative and place a pizza oven on there.. maybe elevated it with a few pavers etc.

I ordered one for myself last week and buying one for fathers day for my dad.
Dec 3, 2005
780 posts
929 upvotes
S
GrumpyOne1 wrote: I don't know if I would put these on a resin unit. They get rather hot and the resin might disintegrate. Sure it has a SS top but there's probably a reason they've never made a BBQ base out of resin (AFAIK).
I use my roccbox on the keter xl. It works perfectly. Lots of people in the gozney community recommended this particular table when I was looking for ideas.
The bottom of the roccbox doesn’t get hot at all though. Charcoal grill probably will.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1043 posts
602 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Konowl wrote: This could be perfect for the Oona pizza oven and a mini kamado Joe :)
This would work well or the Ooni, was thinking the same thing. I've got mine on a Stainless steel table from Princess Auto right now and it works pretty well too. Probably won't pull the trigger for this, but it seems well suited regardless.
Jan 29, 2018
365 posts
320 upvotes
Great price and great cart! We've been using the hell out of ours as a prep/cook table and it fits my in use bag of charcoal as well as all my other bbq gear. You'll have all the space you need for wrapping big briskets.

They've gone up in price since March (used to be 299 at lowes/rona) and I managed to grab one with a $25 off coupon making it 274. This is even cheaper and a must have if you enjoy outdoor bbq/grilling.
Feb 4, 2004
263 posts
29 upvotes
govas19 wrote: There are a bunch of DIY videos on how to make one of these for much cheaper.
One of these days I'll find the time...
I've been looking through DIYs with similar size and design and have not found any where build costs are not higher than this given the price of pressure treated wood or cedar currently. That said, build it well I'm sure the DIY will outlast this.
Mox

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or lose, its how drunk you get."
H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1163 posts
607 upvotes
Mox wrote: I've been looking through DIYs with similar size and design and have not found any where build costs are not higher than this given the price of pressure treated wood or cedar currently. That said, build it well I'm sure the DIY will outlast this.
I'm not gonna do an estimate on this, but even with the lumber price increase it would still be well below $200. A piece of 2x4x8' treated lumber is like $10 @ HD.
I mean to build the frame with the exact dimension would require max 4 lengths of treated wood. Obviously the rest depends on preferences, but I roughly estimate at $150 maybe? The added benefit, leaving this outside in the winter would not be an issue.
Feb 4, 2004
263 posts
29 upvotes
govas19 wrote: I'm not gonna do an estimate on this, but even with the lumber price increase it would still be well below $200. A piece of 2x4x8' treated lumber is like $10 @ HD.
I mean to build the frame with the exact dimension would require max 4 lengths of treated wood. Obviously the rest depends on preferences, but I roughly estimate at $150 maybe? The added benefit, leaving this outside in the winter would not be an issue.
I priced one closest to this (including castor wheels, handles, stainless steel table top and it was over $300 plus my labour but by all means go price one as for you it may be worth it.
Mox

H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1163 posts
607 upvotes
Mox wrote: I priced one closest to this (including castor wheels, handles, stainless steel table top and it was over $300 plus my labour but by all means go price one as for you it may be worth it.
Like building a PC vs buying one off the shelf isn't it?
It would depend on what caster wheels are included vs what you're buying, not all the stainless steels are equal so again it depends on what you're buying vs what is included, quality of the wood and wood finish. Also, it depends a lot on one's skill in building cabinets and so on...