Expired Hot Deals

[Costco US] First Alert Z-Wave Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm, 3-pack (USD - Costco.com)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 2:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4224 posts
469 upvotes
Markham, ON

First Alert Z-Wave Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm, 3-pack (USD - Costco.com)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
December 22, 2019
Retailer:
Costco US
I was shopping around for Nest Protect but they don't go on sale often if at all.
I found this on Costco.com (USD). I have means of getting them for myself in Canada so this deal works for me.

Membership for online shopping is optional and I was able to use my CAD CC with CAN billing address.
Came up to around $114 CAD shipped to my work Texas office where my coworker can bring it over. Not bad considering I can link this to my smartThings hub.

Features:
Battery Operated (2XAA)
Works With Ring Alarm System and Samsung Smart Things
Works With Nexia Home Intelligence and Other Z-Wave Systems
Sends Mobile Alerts and Emails When You Are Home or Away
Photoelectric Smoke Sensor, Electrochemical Carbon Monoxide Sensor
Includes Test/Silence Button, 7-Year Limited Warranty

4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2324 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
soupmaster666 wrote: They haven't passed certification for CAN ULC-S531 so they can't legally be sold here and probably can't legally be imported. I've been watching closely and waiting for them to release a Canadian model
I originally wanted one of these for my Ring alarm system but their website wouldn’t let me order them. Your explanation makes sense and now I know why I couldn’t order. Got the Ring alarm listener instead.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4224 posts
469 upvotes
Markham, ON
soupmaster666 wrote: They haven't passed certification for CAN ULC-S531 so they can't legally be sold here and probably can't legally be imported. I've been watching closely and waiting for them to release a Canadian model
Where did you read that? I see the individual ones on amazon.ca. Sold by amazon, $98 CAD for one.

https://www.amazon.ca/ZCOMBO-Z-Wave-Det ... B00KMHXFAI
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13755 posts
5360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yhap2003 wrote: Where did you read that? I see the individual ones on amazon.ca. Sold by amazon, $98 CAD for one.

It's fulfilled by Amazon... sold by 3rd party sellers... I'm sure there's a difference. I've been watching for a deal on these too... but compared to the U.S. prices, it's always 2-3x the cost here.
Nov 23, 2004
695 posts
1199 upvotes
Ontario
yhap2003 wrote: Where did you read that? I see the individual ones on amazon.ca. Sold by amazon, $98 CAD for one.

As the other thread about electrical products on Amazon went to show, Amazon.ca doesn't particularly care about nor enforce that sellers sell things actually certified to comply with various safety standards in Canada :)