Price:
US$249.99
Savings:
US$100 off
Expiry:
June 12, 2022
Retailer:
Costco USA
Now that we can cross the border again, picked up this Ring Alarm (Gen 2) 14-piece kit for US$250 at Costco in Bellingham, WA. Kit comes with
  • 1x Base Station
  • 1x Keypad
  • 8x Contact Sensors
  • 1x Motion Detector
  • 1x Range Extender
  • 1x Stick Up Camera (battery operated)
  • 1x Smoke and CO Listener
I was considering getting a Stick Up Camera battery, which is already $99 retail so I think this is a great deal.
Images
  • imageService.jpg
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best home security cameras!
35 replies
Jul 11, 2004
991 posts
374 upvotes
The price is good especially with the camera and the smoke/CO listener in the package.
I have a RING Alarm system that I self monitor. The wireless systems is certainly handy because no need to string up alarm system wiring and also to monitor other buildings on the property. But, the features that I really like is the logging of sensors being tripped open/close and that I can remotely arm/disarm the system using an app on my smartphone. Also, because I use it to monitor a rural site, if for some reason a sensor does trip and stay open (eg. barn door gets slightly ajar do to high winds), I can bypass that one sensor and rearm the system. Working together with a wireless camera system such as Blink, makes for a solution where I can do a self montioring to see what's going on.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2659 posts
1926 upvotes
Calgary
Only thing I don’t like about this kit is only one motion sensor but otherwise his seems like a decent deal if you’re in the market for Ring.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14860 posts
6378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone bought this system and got it shipped to Canada using a parcel forwarding service like Shippsy? Are there duty on these alarm systems?
Jan 22, 2020
65 posts
53 upvotes
While this is a good deal for someone without the subscription which gives the 10% discount. Right now at ring.com the alarm systems are on sale.

There isn't this exact bundle on ring.com, but you can get a 14 piece alarm kit + echo dot for $259.99 + 10% discount (if you have the subscription) + 20% discount for students + free shipping.

So you can get a (similar) 14 piece alarm kit + echo dot for only $187 USD after all discounts if you happen to be eligible.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1835 posts
973 upvotes
thanks OP. $250US is a great price for 14 pc total = 12pcs, camera ($100 value) and listener ($35 value). i think ring.com current has a sale on it's 10pc for 199US memorial day promo

Last week, i ended up getting the 10pc + 2 fire/co listener on ring.com, came to $270US taxes in that's with 10% subscription and medical promo code = (
Last edited by wakka2u on May 22nd, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 19, 2015
88 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Oh I just bought the 10pieces + echo on ring.con for $209.99 ($60 off sale)

I originally bought the kit without the sale and had to argue for an hour to get a simple price adjustment since it hasn’t even arrived yet.

The student discount does not apply to the kit only the sensors added. I tried :(
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1797 posts
547 upvotes
Ottawa
how much monthly fee to Ring fir 14 pieces?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1835 posts
973 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: thanks OP. $250US is a great price for 14 pc total = 12pcs, camera ($100 value) and listener ($35 value). i think ring.com current has a sale on it's 10pc for 199US memorial day promo

Last week, i ended up getting the 10pc + 2 fire/co listener on ring.com, came to $270US taxes in that's with 10% subscription and medical promo code = (

update:
ring.com support is so slow, price match no go for my purchase last week ago, return label. may just reorder it it with memorial sale and get 10% subscription fee to $180US + taxes vs. $187US i paid.. lol

plus they confirmed they would not price match costco package either.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14860 posts
6378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does Ring.com ship purchases to Canadian addresses for free?

Also, does Ring.com charge HST for Canadian customers?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21649 posts
1637 upvotes
Shanghai, China
If I'm already invested in either HomeKit or Google Nest's ecosystem, is it possible to integrate Ring?
Jun 25, 2007
342 posts
149 upvotes
Does US costco ship to Canada? Never tried online purchase from US costco
Jun 25, 2007
342 posts
149 upvotes
fayya wrote: Does US costco ship to Canada? Never tried online purchase from US costco
Never mind, seems like they don't and mail forwarders are blacklisted, I can't make the trip down unfortunately.
Jun 25, 2007
342 posts
149 upvotes
fayya wrote: Does US costco ship to Canada? Never tried online purchase from US costco
Never mind, seems like they don't and mail forwarders are blacklisted, I can't make the trip down unfortunately.
Feb 6, 2007
458 posts
294 upvotes
They do not. They also do not accept credit cards with a Canadian primary address. Must have a US address or use Costco gift cards (ie preload the amount in cdn funds that corresponds to the expected US amount).
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14860 posts
6378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
squeeks786 wrote: They do not. They also do not accept credit cards with a Canadian primary address. Must have a US address or use Costco gift cards (ie preload the amount in cdn funds that corresponds to the expected US amount).
Thanks for confirming... That made my decision easier as I was in the market for a Ring Alarm... Bought it from Ring.com after upgrading to Protect Plus plan for the additional 10% off. Free shipping to Canada but they charge HST.
Sep 22, 2005
771 posts
188 upvotes
BC
squeeks786 wrote: They do not. They also do not accept credit cards with a Canadian primary address. Must have a US address or use Costco gift cards (ie preload the amount in cdn funds that corresponds to the expected US amount).
Costco USA accepts Canadian Mastercard or Visa cards for online shopping. They just don't ship out of the states or to commercial reship addresses in border towns.
Dec 2, 2007
208 posts
38 upvotes
Regina
This is not true. They accept Canadian credit cards with a Canadian billing address but you need a shipping address in the USA. I order this way often and did so yesterday.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21649 posts
1637 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Is Ring's subscription service available in Canada, and is it worth it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)