Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Various Massage Chairs / Massagers on sale (including Osaki OS-4000XT - $3499.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 11:03 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24725 posts
199406 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Various Massage Chairs / Massagers on sale (including Osaki OS-4000XT - $3499.99)

Costco has a variety of massage chairs and massagers on sale (until September 5th). The Osaki OS-4000XT, for example, is on sale for $3499.99 ($1000 off). There are several other chairs also on sale, as well as massagers like the Thumper Mini Pro ($189.99 - $30 off). Funny because I just started looking into massage chairs yesterday and today they are on sale...

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dep ... 0_COSTCOCA
22 replies
Mar 15, 2011
509 posts
397 upvotes
Any recommendations? Haven't done my research but how do these compare to OSIM?
Jan 20, 2005
894 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
We had a horrible experience with Osaki. No parts or support, even though we purchased from Costco. We liked the chair when it worked, but it had to go back for a refund.
Oct 22, 2007
695 posts
871 upvotes
Relaxacare has a sweet pre-sale promo on the new Trumedic Cadenza chair coming out.
Reg price is 2999.99, pre-order code on site for $1000 off + a $400 massage therapy gun, so $1999.99 + a massage gun worth $400.

https://www.relaxacare.ca/products/pre- ... 774d&_ss=r

I bought the MC-2000 a couple years ago from Relaxacare and very happy with it so far. Their prices are typically better than Costco plus their service is way better bc if you have an issue they know about the chair versus Costco that just distributes. Plus always good to support small business.

They have a solid showroom in Burlington with about 30 chairs on display if anybody is in the GTA.
Last edited by The__Rock on Aug 23rd, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24725 posts
199406 upvotes
GTA
The__Rock wrote: Relaxacare has a sweet pre-sale promo on the new Trumedic Cadenza chair coming out.
Reg price is 2999.99, pre-order code on site for $1000 off + a $400 massage therapy gun.

I bought the MC-2000 a couple years ago from Relaxacare and very happy with it so far. Their prices are typically better than Costco plus their service is way better bc if you have an issue they know about the chair versus Costco that just distributes. Plus always good to support small business.

They have a solid showroom in Burlington with about 30 chairs on display if anybody is in the GTA.
That actually seems pretty good for $1999 - I initially misread it as $2999 being the sale price :facepalm: . I'm still quite far from actually pulling the trigger and committing to one (from any brand - still researching types/brands/debating overall), but in comparison, an entry level Panasonic one that I saw that was even a bit more expensive and was *not* an L-track...
Last edited by toguy on Aug 23rd, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1444 posts
2082 upvotes
Toronto
scott_newsgroup wrote: We had a horrible experience with Osaki. No parts or support, even though we purchased from Costco. We liked the chair when it worked, but it had to go back for a refund.
My experience is the opposite..Have had one for over 7 years now and not a single problem. (Was not purchased from Costco)

What went wrong with yours?
Oct 22, 2007
695 posts
871 upvotes
toguy wrote: That actually seems pretty good for $1999 - I initially misread it as $2999 being the sale price :facepalm: . I'm still quite far from actually pulling the trigger and committing to one (from any brand - still researching types/brands/debating overall), but in comparison, an entry level Panasonic one that I saw that was even a bit more expensive and was an L-track...
Based on your name, assuming you are in Toronto, why don't you go check out their showroom so you can test a bunch out and feel the differences?
May 9, 2020
369 posts
1088 upvotes
The__Rock wrote: Relaxacare has a sweet pre-sale promo on the new Trumedic Cadenza chair coming out.
Reg price is 2999.99, pre-order code on site for $1000 off + a $400 massage therapy gun, so $1999.99 + a massage gun worth $400.

Are these the guys that have the refurbished massage chairs on sale every year? like one of the models gets down to $750+ tax?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3858 posts
5621 upvotes
Without fail, relaxacare appears in every massage chair discussion thread. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3858 posts
5621 upvotes
toguy wrote: Costco has a variety of massage chairs and massagers on sale (until September 5th). The Osaki OS-4000XT, for example, is on sale for $3499.99 ($1000 off). There are several other chairs also on sale, as well as massagers like the Thumper Mini Pro ($189.99 - $30 off). Funny because I just started looking into massage chairs yesterday and today they are on sale...

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dep ... 0_COSTCOCA
so I am just giving a general history of massage chairs..

Osaki has been in massage chair business for a long time, but they have always been in the cheaper range of chairs, and all has been made in china as far as I know.

Panasonic is also a well known brand for massage chairs, while they have shifted all their chairs to be manufactured in china now, they are known to still dependable and they have the brand to support it.

Inada is also a well known brand for massage chairs, as far as I know, they are still all made in japan.

Osim in my opinion has always targeted the asian market, with celebrity marketing, etc. I guess if you are a small sized person, they may work well for you. But if you are larger size, I would probably not recommend it. Osim became popular at one time , mainly from the Osim Udream massage chair, which actually was manufactured by Inada ( aka, dreamwave ). Osim is most likely all manufactured in china now though and in general, their chairs are very expensive.

There are also various other massage chair brands that you probably have been seeing.. trumedia, obusforme, etc.

Now to be clear, I am not claiming that made in china massage chairs are bad, many are made in china. Just that I would think the cost to manufacture the massage chair, and the chair they are setting at MSRP, should relate. Massage chairs in general, are severely overpriced with massive markups.

Costco is good in terms of return policy for massage chair, however to actually really choose one... honestly, you probably should try them out.

I own both a Panasonic and Inada chair, Panasonic MA70 being the oldest and completely in full working condition. Either way, they are quality massage chairs and a well known brand in the massage chair sector.

I also wanted to add, massage chairs.. take a lot of space. Typically most people use them for the 'coolness factor' couple weeks, and then it just sits there and rarely get used. If you want to save some money, just find a used massage chair. If the savings are significant, and the price is way cheaper than new, I would recommend this path for everyone just because most likely, your massage chair will end up not being frequently used after the 'coolness factor' wears off.

Massage chairs also can never replace an actual massage therapist though...
Last edited by renegadeavenger on Aug 24th, 2021 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 22, 2007
695 posts
871 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: so I am just giving a general history of massage chairs..

Osaki has been in massage chair business for a long time, but they have always been in the cheaper range of chairs, and all has been made in china as far as I know.

Panasonic is also a well known brand for massage chairs, while they have shifted all their chairs to be manufactured in china now, they are known to still dependable and they have the brand to support it.

Inada is also a well known brand for massage chairs, as far as I know, they are still all made in japan.

Osim in my opinion has always targeted the asian market, with celebrity marketing, etc. I guess if you are a small sized person, they may work well for you. But if you are larger size, I would probably not recommend it. Osim became popular at one time , mainly from the Osim Udream massage chair, which actually was manufactured by Inada ( aka, dreamwave ). Osim is most likely all manufactured in china now though and in general, their chairs are very expensive.

There are also various other massage chair brands that you probably have been seeing.. trumedia, obusforme, etc.

Now to be clear, I am not claiming that made in china massage chairs are bad, many are made in china. Just that I would think the cost to manufacture the massage chair, and the chair they are setting at MSRP, should relate. Massage chairs in general, are severely overpriced with massive markups.

Costco is good in terms of return policy for massage chair, however to actually really choose one... honestly, you probably should try them out.

I own both a Panasonic and Inada chair, Panasonic MA70 being the oldest and completely in full working condition. Either way, they are quality massage chairs and a well known brand in the massage chair sector.

I also wanted to add, massage chairs.. take a lot of space. Typically most people use them for the 'coolness factor' couple weeks, and then it just sits there and rarely get used. If you want to save some money, just find a used massage chair. If the savings are significant, and the price is way cheaper than new, I would recommend this path for everyone just because most likely, your massage chair will end up not being frequently used after the 'coolness factor' wears off.

Massage chairs also can never replace an actual massage therapist though...
Agreed - I got myself a demo MC-2000 and love it.

I think pretty much everything is made in China, especially if you want to keep costs down. Can't imagine what a "Made in Canada" or "Made in the USA" chair would cost.

Lastly, the Massage Chair gets WAY more use than the Treadmill. Much easier to convince myself to nap on the chair for an hour, versus run on the treadmill for an hour! haha.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3804 posts
3745 upvotes
Montreal
As some RFDers here keeps advertise buying message chair from Relaxacare, my opinion is the opposite...

If I buy another message chair then I would buy from Costco instead of Relaxacare as I had bad experience buying the pre-order Trumedic MC-2500 from Relaxacare.

As first time message chair buyer and buying from internet. There are some details I don't know...

1) Relaxacare saying pre-order will take a month to ship but I received the message chair like 3.5 months later and they charged my credit card on the day I ordered. Other online stores only charged credit card when they ship. When I say I want to cancel the order, they just keep saying the order will ship next week and we're in the trap for waiting on many false promise delivery.

I remembered checking the Relaxacare last year, there are some bad reviews threaten about all the false promise delivery and want refund. However, Relaxacare delete all the bad reviews and only keep the positive reviews. So it isn't a honest website.
https://www.relaxacare.ca/collections/m ... 0-trumedic

2) Be careful choosing the standard shipping as Relaxacare never mention on their webpage that standard shipping will put your chair in front of your house. When I bought big TV, refrigerator with free standard shipping, they always bring to my house. It was unexpected that the delivery guy (only one person) said they only put the message chair in front of my house (won't bring it inside) and I have to refuse the delivery as I cannot bring it inside by myself.

When you buy anything if you refuse the delivery, you will expect the item return to the sender and get full refund but not with Relaxacare. They said they will charge 20% restocking fee although you never receive/open the package. You better read their refund policy carefully and they don't even mention they will charge 20% restocking fee.
Any purchase over 1000 dollars would be a case for case basis as shipping something of this quantity or weight could be costly. we would however work on a rebate program or Some type of solution that both parties can agree on. ( this does not apply to demo unit or open box items)
https://www.relaxacare.ca/policies/refund-policy

In order to avoid the restocking fee, I have to pay $400 + tax for white glove delivery. Their white glove delivery saying there are "Tech brings the chair inside and installs the chair" make you think these guys are Tech message chair. The truth is they are 2 regular delivery guys, only able to bring your chair to the room you want and know nothing about the message chair.
White glove delivery . Tech brings the chair inside and installs the chair!
https://www.relaxacare.ca/products/white-glove-delivery

Costco shipping is more details in their webpage for how the white glove delivery works. There is no special Tech for delivery message chair.
White Glove Delivery service provides delivery to the Room of Choice in the home with assembly.

1. Your item(s) will be transported to a local delivery agent via a line-haul carrier.
2. The local delivery agent will call you to schedule a delivery appointment: Deliveries are made between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday and will be scheduled as a 4 hour window.
3. Delivery does not include removal of old/used items.
4. Delivery is subject to suitable access that allows for delivery to be made without damaging the purchaser's property, the product, or jeopardizing the safety of delivery personnel. Please check the measurements to make sure access will be available. In the event suitable access is not available, the delivery agent reserves the right to terminate delivery. Should this occur, the purchaser must contact Costco.ca for a refund.
5. Your item will be delivered in-home to room of choice and will include removal of all packing materials.
6. Upon delivery, please inspect your item(s). You will be required to sign a Proof of Delivery receipt. Please note any damage to the item or packaging on the delivery receipt or, if refusing delivery due to damage, please note “refused due to damage” on this receipt.
7. A signature is required for all deliveries; the driver is unable to complete delivery without a signed delivery receipt.
8. Extraordinary delivery conditions may require an additional fee to be paid.
9. Please include a daytime phone number in the shipping information at the time of checkout.
https://www.costco.ca/osaki-os-4000xt-m ... 11074.html

3) Now, one of the roller of my message chair having loud noise. As I mentioned above that it isn't easy return the message chair buying from Relaxacare compare to Costco, I have to deal with Trumedic and still waiting for the replacement part since 2 months as they said it is shipping from oversea lol.

If I bought from Costco, I could probably return and buy another one without have to pay the restocking fee.

So think twice about buying the huge message chair from Relaxacare as it won't be easy for you to return the message chair...

===

Updated:
I received the leg replacement at the end of May 2022. It took 11 months for Trumedic to ship the leg replacement and we have to replace it ourselves.
Last edited by X360 on Oct 10th, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2008
349 posts
276 upvotes
My experience with ordering a massage chair from Costco was positive. However, the delivery time changed probably 5 times, not really their fault since it was the freight company that kept messing it up. The chair arrived fully assembled on a skid and the driver brought it to our driveway. The website already stated they were not doing in-house delivery. We purchased the Trumedic MC-2500 back in November last year and it was delivered about 3 weeks later. We use it basically every 2-3 days, as needed. It does take up space but we placed it in the corner so it's not that noticeable.

The Trumedic chairs do fit bigger people better, my partner loves it but I find for smaller frame people like my mom and I, the foot rollers and arm/shoulder airbags don't really reach us.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3858 posts
5621 upvotes
X360 wrote: As some RFDers here keeps advertise buying message chair from Relaxacare, my opinion is the opposite...

If I buy another message chair then I would buy from Costco instead of Relaxacare as I had bad experience buying the pre-order Trumedic MC-2500 from Relaxacare.

As first time message chair buyer and buying from internet. There are some details I don't know...

1) Relaxacare saying pre-order will take a month to ship but I received the message chair like 3.5 months later and they charged my credit card on the day I ordered. Other online stores only charged credit card when they ship. When I say I want to cancel the order, they just keep saying the order will ship next week and we're in the trap for waiting on many false promise delivery.

I remembered checking the Relaxacare last year, there are some bad reviews threaten about all the false promise delivery and want refund. However, Relaxacare delete all the bad reviews and only keep the positive reviews. So it isn't a honest website.

2) Be careful choosing the standard shipping as Relaxacare never mention on their webpage that standard shipping will put your chair in front of your house. When I bought big TV, refrigerator with free standard shipping, they always bring to my house. It was unexpected that the delivery guy (only one person) said they only put the message chair in front of my house (won't bring it inside) and I have to refuse the delivery as I cannot bring it inside by myself.

When you buy anything if you refuse the delivery, you will expect the item return to the sender and get full refund but not with Relaxacare. They said they will charge 20% restocking fee although you never receive/open the package. You better read their refund policy carefully and they don't even mention they will charge 20% restocking fee.

In order to avoid the restocking fee, I have to pay $400 + tax for white glove delivery. Their white glove delivery saying there are "Tech brings the chair inside and installs the chair" make you think these guys are Tech message chair. The truth is they are 2 regular delivery guys, only able to bring your chair to the room you want and know nothing about the message chair.

Costco shipping is more details in their webpage for how the white glove delivery works. There is no special Tech for delivery message chair.

3) Now, one of the roller of my message chair having loud noise. As I mentioned above that it isn't easy return the message chair buying from Relaxacare compare to Costco, I have to deal with Trumedic and still waiting for the replacement part since 2 months as they said it is shipping from oversea lol.

If I bought from Costco, I could probably return and buy another one without have to pay the restocking fee.

So think twice about buying the huge message chair from Relaxacare as it won't be easy for you to return the message chair...
Costco may not deliver to room of choice either... most of the time they leave it in front of your door right now and not enter the house. It is pretty YMMV from the looks of it, all due to pandemic.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24725 posts
199406 upvotes
GTA
X360 wrote: As some RFDers here keeps advertise buying message chair from Relaxacare, my opinion is the opposite...

That's good to know regarding the delivery, although due to the pandemic, a lot of large items are only 'threshold' delivery nowadays so that workers do not have to enter homes (I did order a large item from Costco but on that product page it specifically said that / they were very up front about it). Also, I wound up having to return the item and every penny of the order cost was refunded.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3804 posts
3745 upvotes
Montreal
renegadeavenger wrote: Costco may not deliver to room of choice either... most of the time they leave it in front of your door right now and not enter the house. It is pretty YMMV from the looks of it, all due to pandemic.
Yes, they might use the pandemic as an excuse.

For Costco, if they refuse to bring to our house, we can always refuse the delivery and expect to get full refund (not with Relaxacare, they will charge us 20% restocking fee). So think twice about buying from Relaxacare.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47756 posts
8469 upvotes
Richmond Hill
me_too_lazy wrote: Any recommendations? Haven't done my research but how do these compare to OSIM?
I'm very happy with my OSIM. Like another poster said, they are designed for the Asian stature. I don't believe any other brand's designs come close to OSIM, and if I'm paying this much for it, I want it not only to function but to look nice. That's not to say they only look nice - they do also perform quite well. Sure, they're perhaps 20% premium over a similar model from another brand, but having a well designed and aesthetically looking chair doubles a nice piece of furniture, and will make you use it more. No matter how well the Osaki's or Relaxacare's function, I can't bare looking at that thing in my room.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3858 posts
5621 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I'm very happy with my OSIM. Like another poster said, they are designed for the Asian stature. I don't believe any other brand's designs come close to OSIM, and if I'm paying this much for it, I want it not only to function but to look nice. That's not to say they only look nice - they do also perform quite well. Sure, they're perhaps 20% premium over a similar model from another brand, but having a well designed and aesthetically looking chair doubles a nice piece of furniture, and will make you use it more. No matter how well the Osaki's or Relaxacare's function, I can't bare looking at that thing in my room.
Whenever I see the brand OSIM, I see Andy Lau.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2367 posts
2576 upvotes
Toronto

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but mine is actually the opposite of your's, so I thought I would share as well so people can get a good balance of opinions. I know this is a Costco massage chair thread, but I think people should be informed of places to buy cheaper massage chairs, they are so expensive! I have never posted about Relaxcare before, so please don't think I have an agenda.

Relaxcare has really great prices, I bought a demo MC-2000 chair that seemed popular on RFD. They apparently buy in bulk unlike Costco so they can pass the savings onto us. I think there are also coupon codes floating around the internet for another 10-15% off.

Since my chair was in stock at the time, it was delivered to me within the week. It was delivered into my condo to the spot where I wanted it, the delivery guys were so professional. They even helped take my door off the hinges because the chair was too large for the frame, and put the door back on! I did NOT pay for any white glove delivery. I didn't have to pay for delivery at all actually, but that may be dependent on where you live (I am in Toronto).

If it isn't in stock, I guess they are at the mercy of their suppliers. I know Costco has the same issues, you see people saying their delivery date keeps getting changed too. This is an unfortunate thing that happens often with large furniture and appliance purchases.

As for after service care, I did have 1 issue with my massage chair (it seems to overheat) and Relaxcare has offered to give me a replacement to fix the issue at no extra cost. I've been in contact with Jason, the owner, pretty much throughout and I feel like he really appreciates customers as it is a small business. If this replacement goes smoothly, I'm going to buy another chair for my mother's place from them.

Obviously if you are unsure, Costco does have a great return policy, but to be honest I would hate to have to return any massage chair. They are so heavy and bulky that it would be a huge hassle, does Costco do pickups for returns?