Hot Deals

Costco

Vaughan: Panasonic Massage Chair EP-MAG3 $4999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2021 1:03 pm
Apr 21, 2008
243 posts
204 upvotes
I've been casually searching for a massage chair for months.

While the price point is still well out of my range, I can appreciate the effort.

RFD has a hate on for massage chairs, like Burberry Sales and $1,000 headphones deals.

I see it as an added luxury item in my home. Like an arcade cabinet in the mancave or a 82" TV above the fireplace (I know you saw that Visions deal)

I want the experience of a mall massage chair, without people staring at my fat jiggling as they walk by (it's cool if that's your kink tho)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1715 posts
27 upvotes
Oakville
We bought one earlier this year or it may have been late last year from the roadshow at Costco. Two things to note:

1. delivery is free
2. fellow business owners, you can write this off if you're a business owner as it's considered health/wellness.
3. This chair is awesome and has become a huge hit in our office!
Dec 8, 2012
115 posts
35 upvotes
CONCORD
I am waiting for that 750$ relaxcare sale
Mar 10, 2012
777 posts
1390 upvotes
PEACHLAND
“Real pro ultra prestige 3D”. Now I want it
Jan 27, 2009
663 posts
600 upvotes
Posting a "chair" at this price will get many downvotes for sure.

I purchased mine 8 years ago at $6000 and it is still going strong. No regards at all!
Dec 9, 2020
147 posts
194 upvotes
Bought mine 5 years ago, excellent chair. No regrets. Saved a fortune on massages and chiropractor visits and feel much better. Even when you pay for RMT massage, quality of massage is not the same all the time - from my experience in 80% of time you get massage worse than what chair provides. On the top of it when you are in lockdown, there is no even an option to get a massage. Make a present to your back - get one. Prepare for the next lockdown :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1325 posts
424 upvotes
Vaughan
cho1104 wrote: Posting a "chair" at this price will get many downvotes for sure.

I purchased mine 8 years ago at $6000 and it is still going strong. No regards at all!
I honestly didn't expect that many downvotes. I was just posting it for those that are interested and understand that there is a market for higher end massage chairs. Normally when I see something that I'm not interested in (regardless of price), I don't bother to comment or vote at all as everyone has a different budget and opinion on value. I guess next time, Ill avoid posting something like this in the hot deals thread, hahaa...

This reminds me of an eleiko post that got downvoted because people thought it was overpriced and compared it to Walmart equipment, haha..
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19845 posts
7448 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
otaknap wrote: I honestly didn't expect that many downvotes. I was just posting it for those that are interested and understand that there is a market for higher end massage chairs. Normally when I see something that I'm not interested in (regardless of price), I don't bother to comment or vote at all as everyone has a different budget and opinion on value. I guess next time, Ill avoid posting something like this in the hot deals thread, hahaa...

This reminds me of an eleiko post that got downvoted because people thought it was overpriced and compared it to Walmart equipment, haha..
Or you can just ignore the downvotes because who really cares one way or another?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1325 posts
424 upvotes
Vaughan
True. Hopefully this has helped some members.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3388 posts
4064 upvotes
otaknap wrote: True. Hopefully this has helped some members.
Panasonic is a leading brand for massage chairs.

Ma73 is a very good chair. 5k is a very good price for brand new.

People that compare it to massage chairs 2k and under with Panasonic top of line series just doesn't know massage chairs.
Jan 27, 2009
663 posts
600 upvotes
otaknap wrote: I honestly didn't expect that many downvotes. I was just posting it for those that are interested and understand that there is a market for higher end massage chairs. Normally when I see something that I'm not interested in (regardless of price), I don't bother to comment or vote at all as everyone has a different budget and opinion on value. I guess next time, Ill avoid posting something like this in the hot deals thread, hahaa...

Anything costs more than $99 or 10% of original price is a bad deal here. Lol.
Nevertheless, this is a very good price for a Panasonic massage chair. It doesn’t compare with a new real person massage but it is good enough to help me relax after a long day.
Aug 1, 2014
276 posts
112 upvotes
The deal in this thread is the $5000 that you’ll be saving by not buying the chair
Oct 22, 2007
478 posts
509 upvotes
Khichdi wrote: The deal in this thread is the $5000 that you’ll be saving by not buying the chair
RFD people get excited to buy $2 chocolate bars for 75 cents. Most of em can't afford $5,000 massage chairs so getting an $8,000 massage chair for $5,000 is foreign to them.
Apr 28, 2010
184 posts
262 upvotes
richmond hill
BinaryJay wrote: You know what I find relaxing at the end of a long day? The knowledge that there are 5000 more dollars in my bank account than there would be if my chair was moving.
I don’t get how anybody on a deal site can afford to spend 5k on a chair lol
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3388 posts
4064 upvotes
louis77 wrote: I don’t get how anybody on a deal site can afford to spend 5k on a chair lol
I wouldn't be surprised if most rfd members probably make 6 digits. 5k is nothing.

People spend easily over 2.5-3k for oled TV. Or 1.8k for alienware curved monitors. Or $500 on induction pressure rice cookers. $900 for Dyson v15.

You don't want to buy a cheap massage chair. It's either you buy a decent one or better not buy one at all.
Apr 28, 2010
184 posts
262 upvotes
richmond hill
renegadeavenger wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if most rfd members probably make 6 digits. 5k is nothing.

People spend easily over 2.5-3k for oled TV. Or 1.8k for alienware curved monitors. Or $500 on induction pressure rice cookers. $900 for Dyson v15.

You don't want to buy a cheap massage chair. It's either you buy a decent one or better not buy one at all.
Yea I noticed that. I make very good money myself I’m just cheap. I always thought these massage chairs were just for commercial use or they sat around people homes untouched. I didn’t know they were such popular items.

I learned something new :)
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2131 posts
939 upvotes
Brampton, ON
How does this one compare to the one in salon parlors or at the mall/gym? I've never liked those chairs so I am not sure if I should expect more.
Oct 22, 2007
478 posts
509 upvotes
louis77 wrote: Yea I noticed that. I make very good money myself I’m just cheap. I always thought these massage chairs were just for commercial use or they sat around people homes untouched. I didn’t know they were such popular items.

I learned something new :)
I can tell you from personal experience that it gets way more use than the gym equipment! Much easier to sit back and nap on a massage chair for an hour than run on the treadmill!
Oct 22, 2007
478 posts
509 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote: How does this one compare to the one in salon parlors or at the mall/gym? I've never liked those chairs so I am not sure if I should expect more.
Those are garbage.

Thats like comparing a public playground to a ride at Wonderland.

That being said - I'm not a huge fan of Panasonic for massage chairs.

For that price range, this is a way better chair and can save a few bucks getting a demo.

https://www.costco.ca/trumedic-etude-ma ... 37847.html

https://www.relaxacare.ca/products/3d-t ... 0e0b&_ss=r

https://www.relaxacare.ca/products/demo ... 0e0b&_ss=r

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)