Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vitamix E320 Explorian - $349.99 with 7 Year Warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2018 4:14 am
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] Vitamix E320 Explorian - $349.99 with 7 Year Warranty

Found in warehouse savings coupon book, available in-store and online.

https://www.costco.ca/Vitamix-E320-Expl ... 96851.html

I think this may be one of the lowest prices I've ever seen for a Vitamix, new or factory-reconditioned.

This is their entry-level model but still delivers great value because it will make smoothies, purees, ice cream, nut butters, etc. just as well as the higher-end models. It does have variable speed control (essential, imo) but no fancy pre-programmed cycles, timers, or touch controls.

NOTE: The E320 comes with a 64-oz low-profile container with a wider base and 4" blades. The E310 is more or less the same machine but with a 48-oz "tall" container with 3" blades. The latter can be found at Best Buy and Bed Bath and Beyond, most recently on sale for $399. Supposedly the "cheaper" version, the E310 comes with a 5-year warranty only. However, if you usually only prepare drinks for yourself or only want to make small serving sizes, it may be more suitable for you as the wider base makes it difficult to blend small portions.
Removed external link in signature.
46 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
My wife has wanted a Vitamix for a while so I may pull the trigger on the 320, but she uses it primarily for making smoothies in the morning. Will the 320 be suitable for that or am I better off paying more and getting the 310 or a certified reconditioned direct from Vitamix?

The idea of buying new and from Costco with their return policy appeals to me so if the 320 will suffice that'd be my preference.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
The_Professor wrote: My wife has wanted a Vitamix for a while so I may pull the trigger on the 320, but she uses it primarily for making smoothies in the morning. Will the 320 be suitable for that or am I better off paying more and getting the 310 or a certified reconditioned direct from Vitamix?

The idea of buying new and from Costco with their return policy appeals to me so if the 320 will suffice that'd be my preference.
For smoothies this is just fine...no worries about the power. And as you said ....Costco return policy, to me, would seal the deal!
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2720 upvotes
Pallet Town
The_Professor wrote: My wife has wanted a Vitamix for a while so I may pull the trigger on the 320, but she uses it primarily for making smoothies in the morning. Will the 320 be suitable for that or am I better off paying more and getting the 310 or a certified reconditioned direct from Vitamix?

Unless people have a specific need/want for a higher model's features (on board timer, etc), then IMO any of their machines will be more than enough for the average user. Whenever family/friends ask what machine to buy, I always point them to whatever's the cheapest (usually reconditioned).

It's a no brainer to get from Costco at that price, unless you really want the preset options
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the info queenofhearts and Hawk25, I think I'll purchase the 320.
Nov 25, 2012
136 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
How much would this be in the store.
Jan 4, 2009
442 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Any comments about this v.s. 5300? I ordered a reconditioned 5300 few days back and I'm thinking whether I should cancel the order and get it from Costco instead.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1595 posts
1210 upvotes
Nanaimo
alfredkcp wrote: Any comments about this v.s. 5300? I ordered a reconditioned 5300 few days back and I'm thinking whether I should cancel the order and get it from Costco instead.
looks like the same thing except you'd get 2 extra years of warranty with the new one:
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
thanks OP, bough online. Our Blendtec after 7 years has resulted in a crappy jar that made our motor smoke up. Returning to costco. trying vitamix now.
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Apr 30, 2013
83 posts
35 upvotes
alfredkcp wrote: Any comments about this v.s. 5300? I ordered a reconditioned 5300 few days back and I'm thinking whether I should cancel the order and get it from Costco instead.
I got the deal on the 5300 just a few days ago too, haven't even received it yet. Apparently there is not much difference between the 2 models. Although having the extra 2 year warranty would be nice.

I did get the 32oz container for a discount at $65 with my purchase though. Think it will come in handy for making smaller portions as the 64 oz seems huge.

Guess I'll wait until I get the 5300 tomorrow and see how I like it before I make any decisions :p
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: thanks OP, bough online. Our Blendtec after 7 years has resulted in a crappy jar that made our motor smoke up. Returning to costco. trying vitamix now.
Dude, how can you be mad if it lasted more than 7 years??
seriously.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
def47 wrote: Dude, how can you be mad if it lasted more than 7 years??
seriously.
the blender is still within its warranty period. when you spend $500 on a blender, it should be built to last, no? i'm not mad I'm saying there's a problem with the blender within its warranty period and i'm returning it.
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1236 posts
1688 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
2Sedins1Cup wrote: the blender is still within its warranty period. when you spend $500 on a blender, it should be built to last, no? i'm not mad I'm saying there's a problem with the blender within its warranty period and i'm returning it.
Can't fault you if it's within warranty period...
However, I don't know if anything is ever "Built to last"
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
hm bought the 5200 refurb last week, hasn't shipped yet probably cancelling for this
Apr 10, 2008
531 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
plllll0 wrote: hm bought the 5200 refurb last week, hasn't shipped yet probably cancelling for this
is it worth the extra $90? I got the 5200 also for $305 shipped. I like the thinner container on the 5200 as its easier to make smoothies for 1/2 people rather than the low profile container on the costco model.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
Francis21 wrote: is it worth the extra $90? I got the 5200 also for $305 shipped. I like the thinner container as its easier to make smoothies for 1/2 people in than the low profile container.
Hard to say, got it for 300 for the smaller potions as well, but the extra peace of mind of costco is probably worth it.
Apr 10, 2008
531 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
plllll0 wrote: Hard to say, got it for 300 for the smaller potions as well, but the extra peace of mind of costco is probably worth it.
agreed with costco being great and all, but let’s be real - 7 years of warranty from vitamix will take costco out of the picture, it’s not like you’ll return it to costco in year 8 if it breaks down...

to me it’s $90 for an extra 2 years and not refurbished model. i’m torn too, but good to have options!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)