Hot Deals

[Costco] Vizio M series 2018 55 inch TV sale price $599.99 (instore only)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 1:52 am
[OP]
Mar 9, 2011
441 posts
579 upvotes

[Costco] Vizio M series 2018 55 inch TV sale price $599.99 (instore only)

Costco is currently selling the Vizio me series 2018 55 inch tv for $649.99 tv. Saw this price at Costco yesterday. Doesn’t seem to be on sale just the reg price. Lowest this tv has been was $639.99 during last year. You get 2-year warranty included and can add an additional 3-year warranty for an additional $59.99. Seems like a great deal! One of the better-rated TVs out there. I was looking to get this or The TCL 6 series but for an additional $200 it doesn’t make that much sense for me to get the TCL anymore.

There is quite a bit of stock available around the GTA area.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/m-series-2018

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/vizio-m65-f0-review/

Thanks to user bobcat99 for letting us know about the $599.99 price.

I can indeed confirm that the sale price is now $599.99 offered in store till feb 24. I ended up grabbing one for myself today as I don’t see the tcl p series dropping below $600 anytime soon in Canada.
Images
  • FBEBEF5E-E161-40CD-94CB-0FAABCB5DBC9.jpeg
  • E867E7B4-36CD-4FD8-A328-8BFDADF9659D.jpeg
Last edited by jetertmac on Feb 16th, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
76 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
4506 posts
4707 upvotes
Great price. Don't be shy about putting it in the title.
Jan 9, 2016
21 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
While this indeed is a great price, slight correction to OP's claim that $699 has been the lowest price of this TV
- 2018 BF price was $639 in store
- 2018 Boxing day price was $689 in store
Dec 10, 2017
4 posts
10 upvotes
I bought this exact one back in December for 840$ so I'm still inside their 90-day return policy for TVs.

I'm planning to get to the store, buy one for 650$ and just stop by the return counter on my way out and return it using my older receipt (at 840$), essentially giving me a price adjustment.

Do you guys think this would work?
Jan 4, 2010
371 posts
192 upvotes
Waterloo
ekredflagdeals wrote: I bought this exact one back in December for 840$ so I'm still inside their 90-day return policy for TVs.

I'm planning to get to the store, buy one for 650$ and just stop by the return counter on my way out and return it using my older receipt (at 840$), essentially giving me a price adjustment.

Yes. Even if you ask them now they might just give a price check without buying the tv. Save them the hassle.
Feb 26, 2017
185 posts
72 upvotes
I’ve got the 65” M series. Bought a year or so ago for 1500. No complaints mostly. The FALD is a bit weak. You can definitely see it flickering on and off on black scenes. But in general it’s a very good picture for the price.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3600 posts
1425 upvotes
Canada
Atillathepun wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 4:30 pm
I’ve got the 65” M series. Bought a year or so ago for 1500. No complaints mostly. The FALD is a bit weak. You can definitely see it flickering on and off on black scenes. But in general it’s a very good picture for the price.
I have the M55 and I changed active full array setting to medium and that took care of the flickr. I also turned black detail to low. Much better experience now.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Aug 9, 2013
51 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the older 70" one and it will probably be replaced by the P quantum 75" that is coming out.

I like Samsung but see no reason to pay 50% more.
May 26, 2016
40 posts
52 upvotes
I was waiting for the TCL 6 series to go on sale. This TV seems like a comparable alternative. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1304 posts
546 upvotes
Moncton
stroger wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:16 am
I was waiting for the TCL 6 series to go on sale. This TV seems like a comparable alternative. Thoughts?
I have it, I think its a really good tv. Someone might get hung up on the fact it doesnt quite have wide color gamut, but its really close and you will pay quite a bit more to get noticeably better than this. I also noticed this tv is quite good for gaming, everything just feels more responsive and smoother compared to my old lg lcd.
Last edited by KevinC268 on Feb 11th, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1304 posts
546 upvotes
Moncton
fatestkid wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:32 pm
I have the M55 and I changed active full array setting to medium and that took care of the flickr. I also turned black detail to low. Much better experience now.
I set to mine to the calibrated preset and only had to tweak a few things, there was also a setting you have to enable for hdr.
Mar 7, 2011
74 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
ekredflagdeals wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 3:30 pm
I bought this exact one back in December for 840$ so I'm still inside their 90-day return policy for TVs.

I was able to get a price adjustment for the 2017 model last time they were clearing those out last year. So long as the product is on the floor, they'll do the price adjustment.
Jul 13, 2018
17 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone have any thoughts/experience on this vs Samsung NU8000? The Rtings review pegs them very closely, sound probably being the biggest difference (and they recommend using a sound bar to compensate).

In terms of design/aesthetics, they both look very similar with the edge-to-edge screen, but the Vizio will save a fair chunk of $$$. I'll be using this in the basement, so it does not need to get bright (and may consider getting the 65" model if it drops in price again soon). Both seem to use custom versions of their own app stores, not like they are using Roku or Android TV.

I couldn't see a huge amount of difference, did I miss something? I'm from Europe so only recently heard of Vizio brand.

thanks
Dec 10, 2017
4 posts
10 upvotes
ekredflagdeals wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 3:30 pm

Following up in case anyone cares, I went straight to the return counter but was told that they couldn't price match past 30 days. I explained that I only had to go buy a new one and return it right away, which was kind of a waste of time for everybody but the lady told me that at least she would actually have the TV to return, which is the only way she could return it to the manufacturer (Vizio?) to get a refund...

I'm not sure I understand the intricacies of it all but I did just that and got my money back! Totally worth it to get 190$+tx back Money-mouth Face

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)