Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Price Update: Vizio M series 2018 55 inch TV sale price $499.97 (instore only and very limted stock)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 11:38 am
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1092 posts
570 upvotes
Calgary
Just bought one in store today, cross iron Costco near Calgary. $599.99 in store price.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2988 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
Darnit - now I'm hoping Best Buy processes the return I made on a credit card soon - I want this TV!
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
Does anyone know if they can reprint receipt? I lost my receipt before I could buy warranty.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2002
2174 posts
124 upvotes
Hamilton
tinbitz wrote: Does anyone know if they can reprint receipt? I lost my receipt before I could buy warranty.
Yes just go to customer service and they will look it up and print a copy for you
Heatware 152-0-0 and climbing
Ebay 77+ (87+)
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Was tempted with this... Ended up with the LG 55UK7700 that was on sale for 789.99.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4004 posts
1841 upvotes
blairs1 wrote: Was tempted with this... Ended up with the LG 55UK7700 that was on sale for 789.99.
Friends don’t let friends buy LG’s unless they’re OLED
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
rinse wrote: Friends don’t let friends buy LG’s unless they’re OLED
comparing the two side by side (that was the setup at the costco I visited), the LG had a better image.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4004 posts
1841 upvotes
blairs1 wrote: comparing the two side by side (that was the setup at the costco I visited), the LG had a better image.
You should also never use that as a basis for buying a tv. Stores have sets on torch mode and definitely aren’t comparable from model to model.

Do your research is all I would suggest. And you don’t need to read far regarding LG’s and their LCD/LED’s.

A quick skim of rtings says bad HDR, and poor blacks - two things you don’t want.
Last edited by rinse on Feb 17th, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
rinse wrote: Friends don’t let friends buy LG’s unless they’re OLED
So true
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes
edifonzo wrote: Has anyone seen the m55 in store in Metro Vancouver? All they seem to have is D55.
Where did you check?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
Anyone see this in Scarborough/markham locations?

Also does anyone know the measurement from leg to leg? Wondering if it would sit on a table 10" narrower than the tv.

Thanks
Nov 18, 2018
136 posts
146 upvotes
Bought this tv during Black Friday . Pulled my god damn hair out wondering what the hell the “best” label meant next to HDMI port 2 and 4. Eventually found it.... guess it means nothing

“One other point of note on HDR: Vizio (confusingly) labels HDMI 2 and HDMI 4 as “Best,” but HDMI 1 is the only port that supports both 4K UHD at 60fps (frames per second) and HDR content. The other three support 4K only, at 30fps. In other words, if you want HDR, you’ll need to use HDMI 1, which also offers ARC support for connection to receivers and soundbars.”

https://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-review ... e0-review/
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
Peteheat wrote: Bought this tv during Black Friday . Pulled my god damn hair out wondering what the hell the “best” label meant next to HDMI port 2 and 4. Eventually found it.... guess it means nothing

“One other point of note on HDR: Vizio (confusingly) labels HDMI 2 and HDMI 4 as “Best,” but HDMI 1 is the only port that supports both 4K UHD at 60fps (frames per second) and HDR content. The other three support 4K only, at 30fps. In other words, if you want HDR, you’ll need to use HDMI 1, which also offers ARC support for connection to receivers and soundbars.”

Do other sets support HDR on all HDMI ports? So one would need a switch to get HDR on multiple HDMI inputs?! does the TCL 6 series have this limitation?
Apr 17, 2012
485 posts
379 upvotes
Peteheat wrote: Bought this tv during Black Friday . Pulled my god damn hair out wondering what the hell the “best” label meant next to HDMI port 2 and 4. Eventually found it.... guess it means nothing

This is not applicable to the 2018 model, which is being discussed in this thread.

My M65 does 4k 60hz HDR on port 1-4.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
For those interested in this set, the Mississauga Dundas/Dixie location only had 5 left as of this morning on the floor (I assume that is all there are left as the pallets could hold 16 easily). For the poster who got price protection at the Mississauga Laird location (Dundas/Winston Churchill), you were very fortunate, the CSR likely did not understand that the price protection cannot be applied to floor model pricing.
Last edited by ciao on Feb 17th, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
popo wrote: Anyone see this in Scarborough/markham locations?

Also does anyone know the measurement from leg to leg? Wondering if it would sit on a table 10" narrower than the tv.

Thanks
Nothing at Warden/Ellesmere location, there was a Hisense 55" for $540 for $60 more the Vizio is better.

Went to Hwy 7 and Woodbine location they had around 10 left.

The base is 43" for anyone else interested, screen is 48".
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Well this is tempting. Been 2 years that I've been "Browsing" for a tv deal. I missed the haier 55 with 4 HDMI in the 400$ range a few years ago but this is not bad and seem to be good reviews. And it's got the 4 HDMI, smart and 55 inch screen that I want.

My wife is all ok with me buying a new TV but for some reason I keep telling myself that our 49inch TV from 2009 still works good and I dont need it right now.. lol

There's 13 in my store. what to do.. what to do.. lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)