Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Vizio P65-E1 65-in. SmartCast 4K Ultra HD HDR $1597 (as of April 16/2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2018 8:42 pm
[OP]
Dec 15, 2016
145 posts
173 upvotes

[Costco] Vizio P65-E1 65-in. SmartCast 4K Ultra HD HDR $1597 (as of April 16/2018)

Costco.ca (online, not sure about store) is selling this amazing TV for $1699, Black Friday 2017 was $1799 at Costco. As usual, amazing Costco warranty - 2 years.

https://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-p65-e1/preview/
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 3rd, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited retailer
112 replies
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
424 upvotes
I bought the M. Great for the most part. The firmware can be wonky. I’ve had issues with my xbone on the secondary HDMI ports. Also CEC is hit and miss unless the device is on port one. In general it’s great tv tho
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2002
2087 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
In store 1599.99
Heatware 152-0-0 and climbing
Ebay 77+ (87+)
Sep 11, 2007
213 posts
31 upvotes
Brampton
It is $1599 at the warehouse, but not all warehouses carry the P series. I believe the drastic price drop over the last little while is due to this set having a lot of issues. Do a search on AVS, and Google and you will see lots of post about it. From light bleeding to a white line across the screen at intervals. I went though two of these sets before finally giving up on the 65" P. First set had light bleed in a couple of zone, and the white line going across the screen. Returned it, and got a second set that had the same problems. Seems to be only the 65" that is effected. Not trying to discourage anyone, just giving you a heads up of some potential issues with this set. Good luck to whoever buys one. Hope you have better luck than I did.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3358 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know which warehouses stock these?

Kitchener, Waterloo and Guelph do not. Burlington? Milton? Mississauga? I'd like to pick one up today.
Sep 11, 2007
213 posts
31 upvotes
Brampton
This is what mine looked like as far as the blooming. Notice the two zones at the bottom/right of the screen. Almost like they didn't shut off properly.
Images
  • IMG_1441.JPG
[OP]
Dec 15, 2016
145 posts
173 upvotes
canadian250 wrote: This is what mine looked like as far as the blooming. Notice the two zones at the bottom/right of the screen. Almost like they didn't shut off properly.
Good to know
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3036 posts
1635 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought it at 1799 during BF; compared it to the xbr65900e for the same price - no question, Sony has the better pq for my needs.

Returned the p65
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1082 posts
429 upvotes
How bad is the white lines issue? Does it affect 50% of the TVs? 25%? Under 5%?
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
escalade wrote: How bad is the white lines issue? Does it affect 50% of the TVs? 25%? Under 5%?
Apparently Vizio has determined the cause of the white line issue. If your TV is affected it will require a technician to perform an in-house repair.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1721 posts
982 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
canadian250 wrote: It is $1599 at the warehouse, but not all warehouses carry the P series. I believe the drastic price drop over the last little while is due to this set having a lot of issues. Do a search on AVS, and Google and you will see lots of post about it. From light bleeding to a white line across the screen at intervals. I went though two of these sets before finally giving up on the 65" P. First set had light bleed in a couple of zone, and the white line going across the screen. Returned it, and got a second set that had the same problems. Seems to be only the 65" that is effected. Not trying to discourage anyone, just giving you a heads up of some potential issues with this set. Good luck to whoever buys one. Hope you have better luck than I did.
I tried two of them, both had very noticeable yellow blotches that I just could not live with. Ended up with the KS8000 which I love

Edit here is an example. The whole field here is supposed to be the same tint of brown, but you can see the Centre has a big yellow blob

Last edited by brobinsoncc on Feb 16th, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
If you watch alot of sports I would not get this TV. The TV is also best viewed headon. This TV shines playing HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG in a dark room.
Mar 12, 2017
86 posts
34 upvotes
Since I am not in a hurry, is it worth it to wait for the Sony 900E to go on sale again? It was $1900 during Xmas, so $300 difference.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1082 posts
429 upvotes
MotorN wrote: If you watch alot of sports I would not get this TV. The TV is also best viewed headon. This TV shines playing HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG in a dark room.
Why is this a bad tv for sports? What tv would you recommend for sports watching?
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
escalade wrote: Why is this a bad tv for sports? What tv would you recommend for sports watching?
"The gray uniformity could be better though and those who are sensitive to dirty screen effect might notice it, especially in a sport like ice hockey. The viewing angle is poor and relegates the best picture quality to a narrow zone right in front of the TV. "

Sony 900E is a better choice.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7415 posts
529 upvotes
Vancouver
jasbola00 wrote: Since I am not in a hurry, is it worth it to wait for the Sony 900E to go on sale again? It was $1900 during Xmas, so $300 difference.
My main uses for the TV are Netflix and video games so I personally think the Vizio P is better than the X900E. I have a 50" 2016 P series and love it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3993 posts
2515 upvotes
Vancouver
escalade wrote: Why is this a bad tv for sports? What tv would you recommend for sports watching?
For sports at 720p (good thing most are 1080 now) the upscale on Vizio is quite a bit worst (based on all reviews they are inferior at upscaling 720p or lower content, not a huge difference at 1080). Also antenna is generally better for sports so lack of tuner hurts (unless you are watching 4k since ota doesnt gave 4k but 4k sports content is pretty limited to blue jays and the odd other game). League pass, sunday tocket, etc are all limited to 1080p.

The white line issue however is something concerning. Didnt find out about it till recently but keeping an eye on it just in case i want to buy a vizio in the future. Sounds like the problem occured on a lot (probably a batch of recent/before black friday) panels. Its all over reddit/avs threads for those who want details (or jpegs). It is coverd by warranty tho as long as you dont mind dealing with Vizio.
Mar 12, 2017
86 posts
34 upvotes
Firestorm wrote: My main uses for the TV are Netflix and video games so I personally think the Vizio P is better than the X900E. I have a 50" 2016 P series and love it.
I do watch alot of sports and I read on the thread it's not ideal for that. My other tv is a projector and again not great for sports. Maybe I'll stick it out with the plasma I have and wait for something I can't pass up. Thanks.