Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio P65-E1 65-in. SmartCast 4K Ultra HD HDR $1597 (as of April 16/2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2018 8:42 pm
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
Paigne wrote: The white line issue however is something concerning. Didnt find out about it till recently but keeping an eye on it just in case i want to buy a vizio in the future. Sounds like the problem occured on a lot (probably a batch of recent/before black friday) panels. Its all over reddit/avs threads for those who want details (or jpegs). It is coverd by warranty tho as long as you dont mind dealing with Vizio.
Cause of the white line issue has been determined. Vizio will no longer send a replacement but now send a technician to replace the part.Image
Jul 5, 2014
42 posts
49 upvotes
Lower Sackville
I bought a p65-e1 on Feb. 3rd... Noticed the White line issue a couple days later.
This afternoon Vizio told me they are sending a replacement tv. Fingers crossed the issue won't be on the new one.

Picture quality on this tv is amazing!!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1873 posts
552 upvotes
jasbola00 wrote: Since I am not in a hurry, is it worth it to wait for the Sony 900E to go on sale again? It was $1900 during Xmas, so $300 difference.
This TV, IMO, is better than the Sony. You get Dolby Vision on this TV - which you only get with 930E. Not saying it's superior in every aspect, but if you can get this TV for 1599 (in store) or 1699 online, it's a much better deal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
MotorN wrote: Cause of the white line issue has been determined. Vizio will no longer send a replacement but now send a technician to replace the part.Image
Almost 3 months after first posting and it seems like a decent number... thats worrisome considering most experience the problem within days. I guess its good that they will standby their products but the amount of time they took is a bit disappointing.

Plus no idea if the fix is permanent or just a bandaid fix. I remember when i was a kid, my dad had two toshiba tube tv that hand yellow/green tint. We got it fixed under warranty only for the problem come back a few months later, fixed again and it came back after warranty expired (like 2 yrs later). The second tv (bought before the first started tinting) started having a similar shade tint after warranty expired too. Basically what im saying is despite it being fixed, still worth tracking and worth considering because you never know if its a bandaid fix like toshiba did.

Honestly unless you need dobly vision, probably better off waiting for another x900e sale or wait for x900f to come out (dobly vision with sony extreme cpu). Of course in the case of x900f, odds are you will need to wait till black friday before it comes close to this price point (or even sub $2k).

Personally im pretty thankful i bought 4 tv in the last year+ (was redoing my mancave/gaming den and upgrading my living room tv too) and considered p65 3 different times (2016 model once, 2017 model twice) but went with other models each time. Got a better deal on 65 ks8000 so i went with that over 2016 p65. Decided to go IPS for gaming so went with 75 x850e instead of 2017 p65/75 (likely a white line batch) and 75 mu8000 due to LD giving me a killer deal (tho i might/probably wouldve blought a p before the deal if costco actually had stock in store... tho if i bought the p, i probably would have skipped/returned hisense instead of mu8000 or wouldnt have gotten a deal on mu8000 in the first place).
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Debonair wrote: This TV, IMO, is better than the Sony. You get Dolby Vision on this TV - which you only get with 930E. Not saying it's superior in every aspect, but if you can get this TV for 1599 (in store) or 1699 online, it's a much better deal.
Is this worth the premium over the m65 at 1099?
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Is it better to get this tv or a projector?
Dec 12, 2017
1 posts
I have had both side by side in my house, the p65 is slightly better, but I had the white line issue, I kept the m65
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Is it better to get this tv or a projector?
I have projector in basement and 65" sony tv XBR65X850E in my living room(BTW VERY happy with this TV). Both are different experiences. If you can get both, get both :). Best advise is to visit a store or friend's place and see for yourself on what your eyes prefer.
Jan 3, 2013
719 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Today is last day of my m65 sale and next week p65 sale ends.

I called Vizio today to ask about the p65 white line repair in Canada. My question was about the thread on Reddit saying in Canada they wouldn't do repairs but swaps and they confirmed that is not true.

Regardless I think I'm going with the m65. I currently have a Samsung 65mu8000 that is a month old. Has dead pixels and I'm just not happy. A bit nervous about returning such a large expensive item to Costco. Am I overthinking this? I truly am not that happy about it having issues and want to move forward? Will Costco care or give me a hard time?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote: I bought the M. Great for the most part. The firmware can be wonky. I’ve had issues with my xbone on the secondary HDMI ports. Also CEC is hit and miss unless the device is on port one. In general it’s great tv tho
On my M55, I found the CEC was wonky when I had an item in the mix that did not have CEC capability. For instance, my MiBox, which is supposed to have it enabled in a possible upcoming update (right??!!??!?) would cause problems if I plugged it into one of the TV inputs, or even if I went through my HDMI switching Receiver (non-HDMI 2.0 or HDCP2.2). Once I took it out of the mix, everything has worked fine since. Knock on wood.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2063 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone happen to be from edmonton and know which warehouses normally carry P series in the larger sizes?
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
Vizio recently released a new firmware update that is supposed to fix the white line issue and not require a technician to come for in house repair. I installed the new firmware, too early to conclude if the issue has been fixed yet.
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
MotorN wrote: Vizio recently released a new firmware update that is supposed to fix the white line issue and not require a technician to come for in house repair. I installed the new firmware, too early to conclude if the issue has been fixed yet.
1st I am hearing of that. What I did read though is that they know what the issue is and what is causing white lines. They will have parts available as of March 13th to fix it. It is not software issue but hardware.
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
cvrle1 wrote: 1st I am hearing of that. What I did read though is that they know what the issue is and what is causing white lines. They will have parts available as of March 13th to fix it. It is not software issue but hardware.
At first they announced a hardware fix, now a firmware fix. Some worry the firmware fix might be a quick, cheap fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VizioTV/commen ... re_update/
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
Wasn't the 70 the same price last week?
Jan 3, 2013
719 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Still on sale for $1599 in store until first week of April. I am still on the fence if I'm going to return my m65 and buy this. It's the arc port being on the best port driving me to that decision..
Images
  • 20180317_171654.jpg
Jan 3, 2013
719 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Here is a picture of the home theater display. You can't call it a tv as it has no tuner or cable in.
Images
  • 20180317_171710.jpg
Mar 17, 2018
1 posts
I was looking at the 65" 4k UDHR tvs, and of course this is one of the main contenders. The sales guy at best buy told me to wait a few weeks because they're having vendor sponsored sales on existing models to clear out inventory for the new tvs.

This TV has solid ratings at rtings however, so i may consider this
Feb 4, 2007
472 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
For those who have this TV, are you completely satisfied? Have any of you had it working without any issues from day 1? If you had a choice would you have gone for a different model? If so which one?
I am planning on puchasing a 65”. Mostly for netflix and 4 k content. No gaming. I know about the lack of tv tuner. Leaning towards vizio. Trying to make a decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)