• Sep 14th, 2020 7:25 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2267 posts
2936 upvotes

[Costco] Vizio P659-G1 Smart 4K TV 65" $899.97

Spotted at Costco Brampton, lots of stock.
IMG_6335.JPG
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 5th, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
114 replies
Oct 19, 2008
100 posts
60 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canadianbac0n wrote: I thought no more Vizio in Canada ?
I would assume that is why these are on clearance
Jun 3, 2013
538 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Decent price, I paid this for the M series.

Whatever you do - get the warranty. Picture quality is very good, next to OLED, but I’ve seen them acting up in store and they’ve got a reputation.

For $60, get the warranty.
Mar 21, 2009
262 posts
186 upvotes
Hamilton
Warranty covers the remote. That alone is worth it
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1573 posts
743 upvotes
Edmonton
Seagull21 wrote: Decent price, I paid this for the M series.

Whatever you do - get the warranty. Picture quality is very good, next to OLED, but I’ve seen them acting up in store and they’ve got a reputation.

For $60, get the warranty.
Def what he said. With Vizio no longer selling TV's in the Canadian market, better to get that insurance. Vizio will still deal with warranty TV's but I've heard their warranty is terrible rejecting claims
Sep 26, 2008
61 posts
14 upvotes
Airdrie AB
game_fanatic wrote: Really?? I hadn’t heard this, any additional info?
Ditto, been wondering why it’s been impossible to get Vizio. Is there an official news release on this?
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12236 posts
19895 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: 560A3C74-6FEA-4BFD-9D33-EC2B372118EB.jpg
Well then that news to me . Vizio off the list
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16027 posts
17453 upvotes
Canada is off the list apparently.

America truly is the promised land for electronics.
May 22, 2014
56 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
I have this TV. I had the 2018 model which was garbage ( full of vertical banding) vizio’s customer service was great don’t know why people are saying they sick, they replaced it for me 3 times the final time they sent me the g1 model this one still sucks ( vertical banding, turns on by itself, slow) I called in again and they sent me my full money back and told me to keep the TV, so I got a free TV out of it.

All in all Don’t buy it, buy a different brand.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1573 posts
743 upvotes
Edmonton
redflagdealsguy wrote: Canada is off the list apparently.

America truly is the promised land for electronics.
My guess is its because of Covid and all the delays getting their TV's made, and trying to sell the same TVs in Canadian market requires alot of costly certifications, bi lingual information and re-make boxes and etc. So easier to just leave Canada, and sell in USA where none of that is needed. Which is a shame as I've been wanting to buy a Vizio since 2018 when they had those P65s. But I guess its TCL time
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16027 posts
17453 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: My guess is its because of Covid and all the delays getting their TV's made, and trying to sell the same TVs in Canadian market requires alot of costly certifications, bi lingual information and re-make boxes and etc. So easier to just leave Canada, and sell in USA where none of that is needed. Which is a shame as I've been wanting to buy a Vizio since 2018 when they had those P65s. But I guess its TCL time
No big loss, but I don't like the wider precedent of losing another competitor.

I frequently buy US product, and some warranty providers are providing third party cross border warranty.

The US may be a little rioty right now, but their deals are still amazing.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Sep 5th, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3215 posts
1999 upvotes
GTA
dj_rice wrote: My guess is its because of Covid and all the delays getting their TV's made, and trying to sell the same TVs in Canadian market requires alot of costly certifications, bi lingual information and re-make boxes and etc. So easier to just leave Canada, and sell in USA where none of that is needed. Which is a shame as I've been wanting to buy a Vizio since 2018 when they had those P65s. But I guess its TCL time
Either that or Canadians have little tolerance for crappy quality control.