• Sep 14th, 2020 7:25 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2493 posts
3446 upvotes

[Costco] Vizio P659-G1 Smart 4K TV 65" $899.97

Spotted at Costco Brampton, lots of stock.
IMG_6335.JPG
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 5th, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
114 replies
Oct 19, 2008
355 posts
476 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canadianbac0n wrote: I thought no more Vizio in Canada ?
I would assume that is why these are on clearance
Jun 3, 2013
659 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
Decent price, I paid this for the M series.

Whatever you do - get the warranty. Picture quality is very good, next to OLED, but I’ve seen them acting up in store and they’ve got a reputation.

For $60, get the warranty.
Mar 21, 2009
272 posts
196 upvotes
Hamilton
Warranty covers the remote. That alone is worth it
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1929 posts
1157 upvotes
Edmonton
Seagull21 wrote: Decent price, I paid this for the M series.

Whatever you do - get the warranty. Picture quality is very good, next to OLED, but I’ve seen them acting up in store and they’ve got a reputation.

For $60, get the warranty.
Def what he said. With Vizio no longer selling TV's in the Canadian market, better to get that insurance. Vizio will still deal with warranty TV's but I've heard their warranty is terrible rejecting claims
Sep 26, 2008
69 posts
22 upvotes
Airdrie AB
game_fanatic wrote: Really?? I hadn’t heard this, any additional info?
Ditto, been wondering why it’s been impossible to get Vizio. Is there an official news release on this?
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13884 posts
27479 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: 560A3C74-6FEA-4BFD-9D33-EC2B372118EB.jpg
Well then that news to me . Vizio off the list
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23115 posts
28624 upvotes
Canada is off the list apparently.

America truly is the promised land for electronics.
May 22, 2014
91 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I have this TV. I had the 2018 model which was garbage ( full of vertical banding) vizio’s customer service was great don’t know why people are saying they sick, they replaced it for me 3 times the final time they sent me the g1 model this one still sucks ( vertical banding, turns on by itself, slow) I called in again and they sent me my full money back and told me to keep the TV, so I got a free TV out of it.

All in all Don’t buy it, buy a different brand.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1929 posts
1157 upvotes
Edmonton
redflagdealsguy wrote: Canada is off the list apparently.

America truly is the promised land for electronics.
My guess is its because of Covid and all the delays getting their TV's made, and trying to sell the same TVs in Canadian market requires alot of costly certifications, bi lingual information and re-make boxes and etc. So easier to just leave Canada, and sell in USA where none of that is needed. Which is a shame as I've been wanting to buy a Vizio since 2018 when they had those P65s. But I guess its TCL time
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23115 posts
28624 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: My guess is its because of Covid and all the delays getting their TV's made, and trying to sell the same TVs in Canadian market requires alot of costly certifications, bi lingual information and re-make boxes and etc. So easier to just leave Canada, and sell in USA where none of that is needed. Which is a shame as I've been wanting to buy a Vizio since 2018 when they had those P65s. But I guess its TCL time
No big loss, but I don't like the wider precedent of losing another competitor.

I frequently buy US product, and some warranty providers are providing third party cross border warranty.

The US may be a little rioty right now, but their deals are still amazing.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Sep 5th, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3555 posts
3109 upvotes
GTA
dj_rice wrote: My guess is its because of Covid and all the delays getting their TV's made, and trying to sell the same TVs in Canadian market requires alot of costly certifications, bi lingual information and re-make boxes and etc. So easier to just leave Canada, and sell in USA where none of that is needed. Which is a shame as I've been wanting to buy a Vizio since 2018 when they had those P65s. But I guess its TCL time
Either that or Canadians have little tolerance for crappy quality control.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8346 posts
8336 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a P55-F1 almost two years ago and started to see banding. Vizio sent me this TV as they didn't have any P55 anymore. So far, I've been enjoying it and I also have a Costco warranty which starts in a couple of months.
Oct 8, 2018
325 posts
435 upvotes
900$ is above average price, and no future product line in Canada meaning very limited support. And... I am out.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4480 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
iris11 wrote: 900$ is above average price, and no future product line in Canada meaning very limited support. And... I am out.
This is the 2019 P Series Quantum model. Not Quantum X, meaning second from their top of the line. Very good TV! This was $1500 a few months ago. I lusted after this TV all 2019- how things change!

Costco are definitely clearing these out, as Vizio is stupidly pulling out of the Canadian Market (recent announcement). They have already said they will honour ALL Canadian warranties of their pre-existing products (i.e. 2019 TV models and before):
https://www.reddit.com/r/canadacordcutt ... in_canada/

Get a 5 yr warranty with this thing at Costco and you're set!

I recommend this TV very highly - it's fantastic. It's actually the one I was looking for but couldn't find this deal. Ended up settling on the 2019 M Series Quantum (very similar ratings) instead for a similar price. The P series is a 120 Hz panel.

Very well rated by Rtings:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... antum-2019

You get Dolby Vision and HDR10. No HDMI 2.1 features (no eARC or VRR for next gen consoles). Very good HDR brightness, quantum dot colour.

This is as good or better to 2019 TCL 6 series and Hisense H8G/H9G. Vizio is a US-based company, though like pretty much everything it's made in China. No silly smooth motion glitches like on TCL TV's where they turn on randomly.

Personally, I think their built in Smartcast is great and I use it for Netflix and Amazon Prime video all the time. They do have a Disney+ app as well.
Apr 19, 2020
393 posts
538 upvotes
langley
My wife called them 2 months ago 3 times they keep saying they will call back never do
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12245 posts
2017 upvotes
9394 wrote: Bought a P55-F1 almost two years ago and started to see banding. Vizio sent me this TV as they didn't have any P55 anymore. So far, I've been enjoying it and I also have a Costco warranty which starts in a couple of months.
Good job!