Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio P659-G1 Smart 4K TV 65" $899.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2020 7:25 pm
Tags:
Mar 15, 2017
150 posts
89 upvotes
rexplosive wrote: .....
But price wise I think the TCL 2018 6 series would be the better option

or if you're a gamer, than TCL 6 series 2020 model
Not a gamer at all, so TCL 6series 2018 it is. It has roku built-in, so that is nice and enough for me.

Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
theXshape wrote: Yeah as far as I know DAZN is not 4k. Hell I'm sure most of the streams are 720p. That was one of my disappointment with the service, I only got it for boxing and I thought they would bring 4k to the sports with them but it didn't happen (yet).

As for Netflix, almost anything original/made for Netflix is 4k Dolby Vision.
HDR on netflix looks terrible.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Nov 5, 2019
174 posts
183 upvotes
JelloRobot wrote: Not a gamer at all, so TCL 6series 2018 it is. It has roku built-in, so that is nice and enough for me.

Thank you!
If you aren’t really a gamer, you could drop to the 2020 TCL 5 series and still have a great tv. The main differences are you miss out on is Low latency mode (gaming), variable refresh rates (gaming), 120hz native refresh (some people care, some don’t), and mini-LED (theoretically a big change but TCL seems to still be trying to figure it out).
Aug 28, 2019
24 posts
12 upvotes
xSynChrome wrote: Anyone spot this in Richmond Hill or Markham?
I checked yorktech yesterday and it wasnt there.
Oct 27, 2009
752 posts
500 upvotes
Hamilton
Didn’t realize my Costco warranty expired the other day. Seems like if your nonmember the warranty is three years but if you are a member it’s five years. Is this correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1349 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
No stock in Yorkdale or Hwy7/400. That Brampton location might be the only in the GTA. Any other sightings?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
stimy wrote: Didn’t realize my Costco warranty expired the other day. Seems like if your nonmember the warranty is three years but if you are a member it’s five years. Is this correct?
You get two years warranty at Costco. If you want more you can buy five years for extra
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Aug 3, 2019
140 posts
136 upvotes
NightRain wrote: You get two years warranty at Costco. If you want more you can buy five years for extra
Non members get one year warranty through manufacturer, members get two years through costco and manufacturer and can add an extra three years through excellence plus (asurion), I don't think non members can buy the extra three years coverage. I have just gone through warranty with excellence plus as my OLED developed a stuck pixel at 2 years one month, two days at shop and a check is in the mail for full purchase price plus tax.
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
After I bought one, there was one left at downtown Vancouver Costco at 3:00 pm.

Also, when I called Costco earlier today, they said there were seven at Costco in Kelowna.
Oct 5, 2017
515 posts
176 upvotes
rexplosive wrote: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... eshold=0.1

I guess whichever is cheaper, though the Vizio does have a tad bit better movie score and TCL has better gaming
but its a toss up
Bought this yesterday and will be cancelling my series 5 order instead. I’m not an expert but I’m coming from 2018 Vizio m55 and noticed improvements in terms of pq and blacks are deeper.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
bogolisk wrote: HDR on netflix looks terrible.
No it doesn't. Try Our Planet in Dolby Vision. Looks pretty great to me. Mindhunter and Altered Carbon are pretty decent too. Some of the shows I agree look "meh" in HDR on Netflix but nature ones look stunning!
Jul 14, 2017
109 posts
79 upvotes
Orpheus wrote: After I bought one, there was one left at downtown Vancouver Costco at 3:00 pm.

Also, when I called Costco earlier today, they said there were seven at Costco in Kelowna.
Damn. I wonder if that’s still there. Really regret not making the trek yesterday! Gave up after two Burnaby stores (and no stores seem to ever answer the phone).
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
2706 posts
1400 upvotes
Toronto
tew wrote:
You have 90 days to return TVs so no.

I think DAZN is HD only not 4K. You have to have a 4K source not just an HD one like Blu-ray or regular Netflix. Netflix has a 4K package for more money. I don't know how many shows are streaming in 4K though.
I think with Electronics, especially if it has a deficiency, you can return it back to Costco at any time.

shaolin_x wrote:
Let me get this straight, you had your TV for "exactly one year" now considering returning it for no other reason then the drop in price and not being blown away with the PQ? This is absurd. Fist off most consumer electronics depreciation quickly. You had 90 days to decide whether to return the unit. I'd understand if the price took a massive drop shortly after your purchase but come on this would be abuse of a generous return policy. Give your head a shake
Just a big price drop within a year, that's all.
theXshape wrote: Yeah as far as I know DAZN is not 4k. Hell I'm sure most of the streams are 720p. That was one of my disappointment with the service, I only got it for boxing and I thought they would bring 4k to the sports with them but it didn't happen (yet).

As for Netflix, almost anything original/made for Netflix is 4k Dolby Vision.
For me Dazn is barely even 480p. I can guarantee you it's not 720p for most of the time.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11769 upvotes
GTA
Ferocious12 wrote: I think with Electronics, especially if it has a deficiency, you can return it back to Costco at any time.
You have 90 days, after that you use the warranty.

What is Costco's return policy?

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction with every product we sell and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.
Jun 22, 2016
495 posts
381 upvotes
Not important
Wow good price. I got this for 1199 I believe at Costco last year. No problems with the TV so far other than it flicking to black once in a blue moon and then on again. It rarely happens and we’ve been happy with the TV so far.
Apr 15, 2012
457 posts
765 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: Buying through Costco with warranty is the only way I’d buy Vizio. And I did buy two M series. A 65 and 43 inch. The problem I have is the shitty software and quality control. Have to reboot both TVs regularly for various glitches. Worse then Windows 95 BSOD. And the lack of interface when using the USB port for photos and videos. Just lazy. Vizio would improve the customer experience by having a soft power cycle reboot button on the remote. For the price I paid though, the picture quality and features are good.

Used to be loyal Samsung. They have gone to shit. Shameful

Any stock of these in KW or Guelph?
CaptainK17 wrote: Damn. I wonder if that’s still there. Really regret not making the trek yesterday! Gave up after two Burnaby stores (and no stores seem to ever answer the phone).
I ran to Costco downtown this morning and bought the last one. Only display model left. Sorry!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)