Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio Quantum 65-in. M658-G1 Smart 4K HDR TV $779 online $685-699 instore

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 2:19 pm
Dec 17, 2007
460 posts
245 upvotes
Gophermofur wrote: I haven't been able to register for weeks now. G+ sign in option populates the registration fields, but says my email is invalid. Very odd.
I couldn't use G+ nor FB. They are only two pure images on the page and no any response when I click.
I tried using my email address to register, but says my email is invalid.

So frustrated with Vizio...
Dec 17, 2007
460 posts
245 upvotes
I also found the wireless connection is bad. The speed test is only around 20Mb/s, where my pixel got around 200Mb/s.
I did the test because the TV suddenly lost the internet connection today, even all other equipment are ok. I have to restart the TV to resolve the issue.
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Dead pixels on 4K screens are common but they don't make a difference in viewing, cannot claim warranty on it.
I certainly didn't notice it in normal TV viewing, but it is noticeable when you use it as a computer monitor (static, uniform image).

According to the extended warranty, dead pixels are covered: https://www.costco.ca/Excellence-Plus%2 ... 70663.html

I phone the extended warranty phone number, and they verbally confirmed that even one dead pixel constitutes a claim - but I don't believe it.

Regardless, I spoke to a manager at Costco and they are going to replace the TV with a new one as soon as they receive a new shipment in a couple weeks. Hopefully, I'll get a good panel this time.
Nov 24, 2017
14 posts
6 upvotes
I have two extra TVs that I got as a gift but is not needed anymore if anyone wants to pick it up in Mississauga. They will be going back today otherwise.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1888 posts
656 upvotes
Anyone using AppleTV 4K with it? I found that it's super bright but the picture doesn't look great using Dolby 4K...I just set it up last night, so I haven't done any tweaking on it yet.
Apr 15, 2009
241 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m thinking about buying a second one. Anyone know if any Costco stores still have this on sale?
Mar 1, 2019
280 posts
439 upvotes
Can't believe I missed this sale..... :facepalm:
$250 Acer Laptop Black Friday deal survivor.
Jun 19, 2009
87 posts
158 upvotes
Is a high pitch sound normal for this TV? Sounds like a coil whine to me which is really bothering me. It's coming from the bottom, between the mid-right side of the tv.
Nov 10, 2019
18 posts
9 upvotes
Wpgleafs wrote: I’ve had my Vizio now for a week and I have issues with it turning on randomly after I turn it off. I’ve turned off the CEC function as indicated as a fix online but it’s still occurring (ie when we wake up in the morning the tv is on). Anybody have any idea of a fix or is this a larger, concerning issue?
I have the same issue. I have nothing connected to it other than the Vizio 2.1 sound bar via optical cable. It is just on when we come downstairs or home from work.
My guess is the iPad/iPhone may be the culprit since I use both to AirPlay/Chromecast. I have been leaving the iPad turned off when we leave for work, but it is still happening. I will try turning off the CEC function but if anyone else has a solution, please help!
Feb 6, 2019
50 posts
22 upvotes
Pucky21 wrote: I have the same issue. I have nothing connected to it other than the Vizio 2.1 sound bar via optical cable. It is just on when we come downstairs or home from work.
My guess is the iPad/iPhone may be the culprit since I use both to AirPlay/Chromecast. I have been leaving the iPad turned off when we leave for work, but it is still happening. I will try turning off the CEC function but if anyone else has a solution, please help!
Since I have turned off CEC and changed out of “eco mode” I haven’t noticed it turning on randomly! Try that and see if that helps as mentioned as the fix by a couple of others on here as well
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
I just got around to installing mine and it's been a pain the ass. About 3 days into use the tv had about 5 dead pixels in a group. The worst problem is the constant reboot loop it gets into when I watch 4k HDR content from the fire stick (yes I tried turning off CEC, didn't help). It may or may not last a full episode and then just reboots, good for 5 or 10 seconds and reboots again.

I noticed when gaming (nhl) a ghosting effect on the players and objects against the white ice (see screenshot, arm sticking in air waving... you can see the ghosting from the quick movement).

Debating whether I should exchange/warranty or just return and wait for the next 65" tv deal out there.

At this point I would get the P series if it was only a few hundred extra and solved these issues but I imagine we won't see that anytime soon.

Are you all happy with your Vizio 65 M658-G1 so far?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
lostinpangea wrote: I certainly didn't notice it in normal TV viewing, but it is noticeable when you use it as a computer monitor (static, uniform image).

According to the extended warranty, dead pixels are covered: https://www.costco.ca/Excellence-Plus%2 ... 70663.html

I phone the extended warranty phone number, and they verbally confirmed that even one dead pixel constitutes a claim - but I don't believe it.

Regardless, I spoke to a manager at Costco and they are going to replace the TV with a new one as soon as they receive a new shipment in a couple weeks. Hopefully, I'll get a good panel this time.
I ended up returning the TV and exchanged it for two more (just in case one wasn't good).

And, both of the new TV's are worse than the first. There a "fuzzy blotch" the size of a qtip behind the screen of one of them and the other has a 5mm line of dead pixels.

I'm really disappointed in the quality of Vizio today. I bought an M65 4 years ago and it's been perfect. These new ones are junk.

Now I don't know if I should accept what I feel is junk or take it back again, and maybe try a TCL 6 series. But I really wanted to keep the price low.

This has been one frustrating TV buying experience.
Mar 7, 2020
1 posts
I am interested in this TV, but current it seems the price online is $999:( anyone knows the in store price? I am not a Costco member.
Jun 3, 2013
879 posts
1561 upvotes
Toronto
YinghaoC92220 wrote: I am interested in this TV, but current it seems the price online is $999:( anyone knows the in store price? I am not a Costco member.
I’m a little late here - it’s 979 in store normally, 899 right now. Markham Yorktech has them.
Jun 29, 2006
308 posts
36 upvotes
Timbuktu
Considering it, have to make few tips to some Costco to check availability.
Jun 29, 2006
308 posts
36 upvotes
Timbuktu
tvoutlet had it for 700, refurbished tho

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)