• Jul 24th, 2019 4:28 pm
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46415 posts
4583 upvotes
Toronto
Gord18Stirr wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 7:52 pm
I need a nice TV for my man cave, but I am so on the fence with this tv.. I wish I could get it for $100 cheaper
vancdeals wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 1:19 am
Any video calibration settings recommendations for this tv?
sid8tive wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm going to pull the trigger as well. Plus the warranty, of course.
dredd2099 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 6:34 pm
Anyone else waiting for shipment?

Hey Mr @Jimboski, has video improved? Does it show on other video sources too?
Hey just an update, there's a new thread for this TV and it's $1029 online and $999 apparently in-store (might be location specific). I'd head to the store and get the price adjusted before stock runs out.

Also if you're able to find it for $999 then the warranty tier is changed, instead of $100 for the $1000+ TV's you can return that and get the $60 $500-$999 warranty.

Lots of savings to be had lol.

costco-vizio-quantum-m658-g1-65-smart-4 ... #p31217482

@dredd2099 Did not do further testing, actually got another TV and planning to return this one but this deal was good but it became even better with the price drops. I hope mine was a lemon and that all of yours turns out great.
Sep 2, 2018
797 posts
767 upvotes
Blainville, QC
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 1:44 pm
Hey just an update, there's a new thread for this TV and it's $1029 online and $999 apparently in-store (might be location specific). I'd head to the store and get the price adjusted before stock runs out.

Also if you're able to find it for $999 then the warranty tier is changed, instead of $100 for the $1000+ TV's you can return that and get the $60 $500-$999 warranty.

Lots of savings to be had lol.

costco-vizio-quantum-m658-g1-65-smart-4 ... #p31217482

@dredd2099 Did not do further testing, actually got another TV and planning to return this one but this deal was good but it became even better with the price drops. I hope mine was a lemon and that all of yours turns out great.
That's great news. I'm going to see how the Hisense plays out. I can't head to the store anytime this week so I'm probably going to miss out on these savings anyway (plus, don't have a big enough car, lol).
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46415 posts
4583 upvotes
Toronto
sid8tive wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 1:50 pm
That's great news. I'm going to see how the Hisense plays out. I can't head to the store anytime this week so I'm probably going to miss out on these savings anyway (plus, don't have a big enough car, lol).
You don't need to bring the TV with you to have the price adjusted, just show them your receipt and the lower price if it's $999 in stores then change the warranty tier too.
Sep 2, 2018
797 posts
767 upvotes
Blainville, QC
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 1:51 pm
You don't need to bring the TV with you to have the price adjusted, just show them your receipt and the lower price if it's $999 in stores then change the warranty tier too.
So, basically:
1. Order online
2. Go to store and if it's in stock, do the price adjustment using only receipt, right?

Interesting. If I hate the Hisense, I'll go this route. Still a gamble as the piece may not be in stock by/when I get the shipped piece. Or can I like immediately go after placing the order itself (simultaneously calling up the nearby Costco to check stock?)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46415 posts
4583 upvotes
Toronto
sid8tive wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 2:02 pm
So, basically:
1. Order online
2. Go to store and if it's in stock, do the price adjustment using only receipt, right?

Interesting. If I hate the Hisense, I'll go this route. Still a gamble as the piece may not be in stock by/when I get the shipped piece. Or can I like immediately go after placing the order itself (simultaneously calling up the nearby Costco to check stock?)
You didn't order it yet? I'm not quite sure but i don't see why you can't price adjust an online order in stores.

From what i know price adjust has to have stock, not sure if it has to be at the specific location where it has the lower pricing or if you can just go to a store with stock and show them the discounted price in the picture and they'll credit you the difference..

Costco is making it hard but it's also forcing customers to go back in stores therefore possibly making more money off us haha.