Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Costco] Vizio Quantum X PX65-G1 65" ($1,569.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 2:42 pm
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
soludsnake wrote: ......the TV's don't actually ship from Costco but Vizio.......
Lovely, lol, and where the heck does Vizio live when it's in Canada? Please let it be in BC.....that explains the weird tracking link.
Jul 2, 2014
173 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, AB
engman13 wrote: Meanwhile rtings.com has the PX slightly better than the X950. You've given no reasoning as to why it's not worth it.
Rting review was the main reason why I bought this tv for $2200. The software is garbage - at least for me. No support for Disney+ (remember this is a premium tv). I see a lot of vertical banding - and now that I have seen it, I can see it in almost all the scenes. Contrast is excellent, but I am not impressed with the color accuracy. It is bit too vivid, and I didn't like the color treatment in SDR content. There was a HDMI handshake issue in HDMI 1 and kept loosing connection to my streaming box, I had to switch to HDMI 2. Also Sony has better upscaling and android tv, which my 5 year old did not have any learning curve with. Don't forget it's excellent motion handling for sports.

Believe me I also liked the PQ and native support for HDR10+ and I was open to make technical adjustments and get it calibrated etc., But not going to do that for a premium tv. I got Sony x950g for 1600 (1900 cost - 300 Costco cash card) and it blew me away in PQ. Even if there was a difference of $200+, I would have returned my Vizio PQX65.

My 2 cents.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2009
932 posts
9729 upvotes
volvik wrote: Lovely, lol, and where the heck does Vizio live when it's in Canada? Please let it be in BC.....that explains the weird tracking link.
Yea, I found that interesting. He said they can check online stock levels of it because of that. That and no stores carried it in BC.
Sep 15, 2006
928 posts
329 upvotes
Ottawa
vabandroid wrote: Rting review was the main reason why I bought this tv for $2200. The software is garbage - at least for me. No support for Disney+ (remember this is a premium tv). I see a lot of vertical banding - and now that I have seen it, I can see it in almost all the scenes. Contrast is excellent, but I am not impressed with the color accuracy. It is bit too vivid, and I didn't like the color treatment in SDR content. There was a HDMI handshake issue in HDMI 1 and kept loosing connection to my streaming box, I had to switch to HDMI 2. Also Sony has better upscaling and android tv, which my 5 year old did not have any learning curve with. Don't forget it's excellent motion handling for sports.

Believe me I also liked the PQ and native support for HDR10+ and I was open to make technical adjustments and get it calibrated etc., But not going to do that for a premium tv. I got Sony x950g for 1600 (1900 cost - 300 Costco cash card) and it blew me away in PQ. Even if there was a difference of $200+, I would have returned my Vizio PQX65.

My 2 cents.
That's much better lol. I just get triggered when people say something isn't good with no reasoning to back it up.

I do understand there is a bit of a lottery with Vizios but for me, I'm shopping for a 75" and the Sony's are just out of my price range. The PX75 is slightly out of my range at the moment but I do have time to wait until I need so I'm keeping my eyea on the Sony 900/950 or PX and if they drop to where I feel comfortable pulling the trigger, I'll do it.
Jun 7, 2007
759 posts
283 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vabandroid wrote: I see a lot of vertical banding - and now that I have seen it, I can see it in almost all the scenes.
Can you explain what you mean by vertical banding? How does it look and what should I be looking for when trying to find them? Are there pictures that shows what you are describing?

Thanks
Nov 30, 2019
2 posts
Same here. And now I’m reading all kinds of horror stories from last year about Costco using Sameday Worldwide to deliver TVs...unable to trace package, not delivered for weeks, arrived damaged, no accountability etc etc. I really hope things are different this year!
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I'd never heard of Sameday Couriers until yesterday when I started looking for who might be delivering this TV. I can't say I'm encouraged after reading other threads regarding their record. Hopefully posters who took advantage of this sale item can speak to their delivery experience 'when' they start to receive them. Confused Face
May 8, 2016
48 posts
73 upvotes
spill6 wrote: But I'm not so sure Netflix HD / UHD quality is as good as Amazon Prime Video quality through the firestick 4k. Wonder if Amazon is doing something there...
Are you paying for the Netflix tier that includes UHD content?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1410 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
vabandroid wrote: Rting review was the main reason why I bought this tv for $2200. The software is garbage - at least for me. No support for Disney+ (remember this is a premium tv). I see a lot of vertical banding - and now that I have seen it, I can see it in almost all the scenes. Contrast is excellent, but I am not impressed with the color accuracy. It is bit too vivid, and I didn't like the color treatment in SDR content. There was a HDMI handshake issue in HDMI 1 and kept loosing connection to my streaming box, I had to switch to HDMI 2. Also Sony has better upscaling and android tv, which my 5 year old did not have any learning curve with. Don't forget it's excellent motion handling for sports.

My 2 cents.
Good feedback. Now I'm torn between the two again whereas before i was set on getting the Vizio.

What about the fact that the Vizio is brighter than the Sony?
Jul 2, 2014
173 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, AB
25jai wrote: Can you explain what you mean by vertical banding? How does it look and what should I be looking for when trying to find them? Are there pictures that shows what you are describing?

Thanks
Those are vertical lines you can see in specific scenes. There are videos you could use to check for those on YouTube.

But, I highly advice against testing your panel if you don't see vertical banding in normal content you watch everyday. The test videos are meant to show the worse scenarios and once you see the vertical banding, it is hard to get over it, at least for me.

For reference, I have attached a picture I took of my Vizio PX65 when the android tv on my streaming box was starting.

Edit: I am on phone and Imgur does not work on mobile for me. I will update this post soon to attach that picture.
Last edited by vabandroid on Dec 1st, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 2, 2014
173 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, AB
VertigoM wrote: Good feedback. Now I'm torn between the two again whereas before i was set on getting the Vizio.

What about the fact that the Vizio is brighter than the Sony?
The Vizio is certainly very bright and much better reflection handling. If you get a good panel and need a bright tv, you could keep Vizio.

For me, max brightness was not a requirement as my room is not that bright. Following are the points which turned me down.

- buggy SmartCast system
- I would have to buy a Shield TV which would be $200+
- Disney+
- I got a Sony x950g for almost the same price which made my decision easy.

Again, each tv has its strength and weakness. No tv is perfect. You just have to pick your poison. If brightness is a primary thing you want from tv, Vizio PX may work better for you.
Jul 10, 2013
24 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
hotandsoursoup wrote: Are you paying for the Netflix tier that includes UHD content?
Yep. 4K / 4 screens. 16.99

My Netflix account is fine. I watched The Irishman on native Netflix LG WebOS app yesterday on my 65 B8.

Just the firestick 4K into the Vizio M658 doesn't seem up to par.
Jul 10, 2013
24 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
25jai wrote: Can you explain what you mean by vertical banding? How does it look and what should I be looking for when trying to find them? Are there pictures that shows what you are describing?

Thanks
play youtube 5% gray banding test (or 10%)

You can display play various gray scale % gradients where vertical banding (looks like gray vertical columns of differing shades) is most obvious. Even if you have banding you likely won't notice it watching content, except on static screens with mostly grey background.
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Huh? What does that shot depict?