Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Costco] Vizio Quantum X PX65-G1 65" ($1,569.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 2:42 pm
Aug 9, 2007
376 posts
166 upvotes
vabandroid wrote: The Vizio is certainly very bright and much better reflection handling. If you get a good panel and need a bright tv, you could keep Vizio.

For me, max brightness was not a requirement as my room is not that bright. Following are the points which turned me down.

- buggy SmartCast system
- I would have to buy a Shield TV which would be $200+
- Disney+
- I got a Sony x950g for almost the same price which made my decision easy.

Again, each tv has its strength and weakness. No tv is perfect. You just have to pick your poison. If brightness is a primary thing you want from tv, Vizio PX may work better for you.
Vizio is getting an update to support Disney+ chromecast in december and getting native app support sometime next year but you'll have to wait and don't get it instantly like the Sony or without using a device
https://www.androidcentral.com/does-dis ... -vizio-tvs
Jun 24, 2007
47 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Is this no longer active? I see a p model but not px on Costco site. Are you guys saying there are no in stick either? I'm in Victoria
Jun 10, 2005
509 posts
251 upvotes
volvik wrote: Anyone get a working tracking number for their purchase? Mine has shipped but only lists a 6 digit number which just goes to 'Ontime Courier Software' saying information not available.....no indication of which courier has the delivery role.
I ordered from Costco earlier this month and it was delivered by alero worldwide and the tracking info was on 'ontimesystem.com'.

Ordered from Costco on the Oct 21st, alero picked it up on the 28th, delivered on the 31st. They called on the 29th to schedule delivery which was basically from 8am - 4pm (I think. It could have been later)
Mar 3, 2015
42 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
7 days to pick it up....that's harsh. I guess Shipped just means it's sent the info to Alero or SameDay etc and they've yet to pick it up.

Update: Well tracking has come alive and I'm happy to say it's in Vancouver (via Alero) so in theory it shouldn't take too long to nip over to the Island.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1831 posts
1497 upvotes
Toronto
volvik wrote: 7 days to pick it up....that's harsh. I guess Shipped just means it's sent the info to Alero or SameDay etc and they've yet to pick it up.

Update: Well tracking has come alive and I'm happy to say it's in Vancouver (via Alero) so in theory it shouldn't take too long to nip over to the Island.
Same here! My tracking came up today and it's from Brampton.

Good news we have something at least in East and West;
Gophermofur wrote: I ordered from Costco earlier this month and it was delivered by alero worldwide and the tracking info was on 'ontimesystem.com'.

Ordered from Costco on the Oct 21st, alero picked it up on the 28th, delivered on the 31st. They called on the 29th to schedule delivery which was basically from 8am - 4pm (I think. It could have been later)
ooh good thing they schedule haha.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Aug 22, 2014
223 posts
339 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Gophermofur wrote: I ordered from Costco earlier this month and it was delivered by alero worldwide and the tracking info was on 'ontimesystem.com'.

I ordered the PX75-G1 on Nov 27th and have had the same courier experience. They just left a voicemail saying they want to deliver tomorrow (Dec 3rd).
Jun 28, 2008
59 posts
20 upvotes
Is anyone's order still stuck in purgatory. I ordered mine Friday afternoon and it still hasn't shipped yet.
Nov 30, 2019
2 posts
Same here. Brampton and It's Alero...Alero seems to have a bunch of negative reviews too. Please do post when you hear from them and get it scheduled for delivery!
Jun 7, 2007
773 posts
295 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mine showed up with details around 12pm today. It says it's in transit from Brampton.
Mar 3, 2015
42 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I purchased my TV on Friday morning....early and got a 'Shipped' email from Costco. The tracking number hadn't been activated yet and was a pretty benign message from OnTime Courier Software. Early this morning was the first sign of movement and it 'appears that the TV came from Delta BC and is now sitting with Transource Freight while they arrange delivery to me on the Island. I'm just lucky Vizio had stock in BC.

12/2/2019 7:28 AM Submitted Depot Submitted: Submitted (OO_NS)
12/2/2019 7:32 AM In Transit Received in Vancouver (TRANSOURCE) / Reçu à Vancouver (TRANSOURCE)
12/2/2019 11:00 AM In Transit arrived at delivery agent/TranSource Freightways Delta / Arrivée chez l’agent de livraison/TranSource Freightways Delta
12/2/2019 11:00 AM In Transit ###REMOTE Location### Delivery agent planning trip. Will schedule when trip is confirmed / ### Emplacement distant### Voyage de planification de l'agent de livraison. Est-ce que l'horaire sera déterminé lorsque le voyage sera confirmé?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13022 posts
6841 upvotes
Southern Ontario
VertigoM wrote: Good feedback. Now I'm torn between the two again whereas before i was set on getting the Vizio.

What about the fact that the Vizio is brighter than the Sony?
The Sony is so bright it hurts my eyes at night, I rarely have our 950G at max brightness even in broad daylight room.
Dec 27, 2006
209 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for this. Price adjustment came out to $500+tax. Bought the PX65 almost 90 days ago.
Mar 3, 2015
42 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Well the poor reviews of Alero and their shipping partners are being borne out, the TV has been with Transource freight in Delta BC for over 2 days saying it was coming to Victoria. Yesterday morning, early, tracking said it was being delivered to Victoria Dec 3rd and then a couple of hours later another line saying it was being delivered to Victoria DA (delivery agent) ETA Dec 4th. Now this morning that last line has been removed and a repeat for the earlier line is there again saying delivering to Victoria.

It's <10 miles to the ferry terminal and then 15 more to Victoria....sheesh! Where is UPS/FedEx etc? I guess Costco is saving a lot of money using this outfit and again you get what you pay for.
Jun 7, 2007
773 posts
295 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Saw my TV "delivered" miraculously on my tracking page yesterday, and Now says again in transit. Just got a call from Alero to be delivered tomorrow, and of course any time of the day...