Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Costco] Vizio Quantum X PX65-G1 65" ($1,569.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 2:42 pm
Jun 28, 2008
55 posts
16 upvotes
Mine still hasn't shipped out yet and is stuck on order received since Friday. Anyone still waiting for their shipping notice by this point?
Oct 21, 2007
27 posts
7 upvotes
Mine started in Delta BC, now in Toronto, for delivery in Vancouver?! wtf
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Ok....next installment in the Days of Our Lives soap.....no change in what the tracking says but I did get a call from a delivery company in Nanaimo (midway up island) saying they had my TV and wanted to deliver it tomorrow. Now for those outside of BC, Nanaimo is about 85 miles away from me and much further than Delta BC LOL.

Oh well if the TV arrives in good shape I'll be happy to be done with this.
Jun 7, 2007
750 posts
268 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Got mine delivered this morning. Hope you all get yours in reasonable time.
Sep 17, 2008
121 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
25jai wrote: Got mine delivered this morning. Hope you all get yours in reasonable time.
Have you hooked it up and tested it out with different sources? Curious how you feel now that you have it up and running
May 8, 2016
45 posts
66 upvotes
Got mine hooked up yesterday, grey uniformity is affecting white texts on a grey background such as youtube app. I keep seeing patches of brownish when using any apps that have grey backgrounds like Youtube and Netflix. other than that it's amazing. watched Our Planet on Netflix and some 4K videos on Youtube (especially colorful birds) it's mesmerizing.
But the grey issue really bugs me
Sep 17, 2008
121 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting. I thought this one was rated pretty well for grey uniformity.
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Got mine this morning and hooked up as well. I have the Premium Netflix package for Ultra HD and am using Nvidia Shield to stream. I went for the Netflix Our Planet too but thought it would be better, when I hit the Info button on the Vizio remote it says 2160 Normal Dolby Audio at the top. I understand it should say HDR or HDR10 instead of Normal so I'm guessing I have missed a setting somewhere either in the Nvidia Shield or the TV.

Hrmmmm...
Jul 9, 2018
37 posts
11 upvotes
I got a call to schedule mine for 12/10. In GTA for others reference.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2009
932 posts
9729 upvotes
volvik wrote: Got mine this morning and hooked up as well. I have the Premium Netflix package for Ultra HD and am using Nvidia Shield to stream. I went for the Netflix Our Planet too but thought it would be better, when I hit the Info button on the Vizio remote it says 2160 Normal Dolby Audio at the top. I understand it should say HDR or HDR10 instead of Normal so I'm guessing I have missed a setting somewhere either in the Nvidia Shield or the TV.

Hrmmmm...
Make sure HDMI Color Subsampling is enabled on the inputs in question.

Link

Same issue I had with my Samsung KS when I got it and had to figure out how to turn it on.
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
soludsnake wrote: Make sure HDMI Color Subsampling is enabled on the inputs in question.

Link

Same issue I had with my Samsung KS when I got it and had to figure out how to turn it on.
Thanks, it appears that the problem lies with Nvidia Shield and Vizio, for some reason the latest firmware update for Nvidia stopped the Dolby Vision feature. They're currently working on a hotfix. Meanwhile, when I use the Netflix app within Vizio I see Dolby Vision and WOW....yep there's a difference now.

Thanks, I also went into the settings for each input and turned the Full UHD on.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2009
932 posts
9729 upvotes
volvik wrote: Thanks, it appears that the problem lies with Nvidia Shield and Vizio, for some reason the latest firmware update for Nvidia stopped the Dolby Vision feature. They're currently working on a hotfix. Meanwhile, when I use the Netflix app within Vizio I see Dolby Vision and WOW....yep there's a difference now.

Thanks, I also went into the settings for each input and turned the Full UHD on.
Oh good to know. Does the Shield still do it if you disable Vision and have it run HDR10? I'm curious.
Mar 3, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria, BC
soludsnake wrote: Oh good to know. Does the Shield still do it if you disable Vision and have it run HDR10? I'm curious.
I just pulled up Stranger Things S03E08 on Nvidia Netflix and it does says HDR10 on the Info pop up so it appears the blip is limited to Dolby Vision for now.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2009
932 posts
9729 upvotes
volvik wrote: I just pulled up Stranger Things S03E08 on Nvidia Netflix and it does says HDR10 on the Info pop up so it appears the blip is limited to Dolby Vision for now.
Interesting. Well at least you have a fall back for specific content (not as if HDR10 is really a fallback) if Vision isnt available.