Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio Quantum X PX65-G1 65" ($1,569.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 2:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1026 posts
9952 upvotes
Vancouver
volvik wrote: Got mine this morning and hooked up as well. I have the Premium Netflix package for Ultra HD and am using Nvidia Shield to stream. I went for the Netflix Our Planet too but thought it would be better, when I hit the Info button on the Vizio remote it says 2160 Normal Dolby Audio at the top. I understand it should say HDR or HDR10 instead of Normal so I'm guessing I have missed a setting somewhere either in the Nvidia Shield or the TV.

Hrmmmm...
Make sure HDMI Color Subsampling is enabled on the inputs in question.

Link

Same issue I had with my Samsung KS when I got it and had to figure out how to turn it on.
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
soludsnake wrote: Make sure HDMI Color Subsampling is enabled on the inputs in question.

Link

Same issue I had with my Samsung KS when I got it and had to figure out how to turn it on.
Thanks, it appears that the problem lies with Nvidia Shield and Vizio, for some reason the latest firmware update for Nvidia stopped the Dolby Vision feature. They're currently working on a hotfix. Meanwhile, when I use the Netflix app within Vizio I see Dolby Vision and WOW....yep there's a difference now.

Thanks, I also went into the settings for each input and turned the Full UHD on.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1026 posts
9952 upvotes
Vancouver
volvik wrote: Thanks, it appears that the problem lies with Nvidia Shield and Vizio, for some reason the latest firmware update for Nvidia stopped the Dolby Vision feature. They're currently working on a hotfix. Meanwhile, when I use the Netflix app within Vizio I see Dolby Vision and WOW....yep there's a difference now.

Thanks, I also went into the settings for each input and turned the Full UHD on.
Oh good to know. Does the Shield still do it if you disable Vision and have it run HDR10? I'm curious.
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
soludsnake wrote: Oh good to know. Does the Shield still do it if you disable Vision and have it run HDR10? I'm curious.
I just pulled up Stranger Things S03E08 on Nvidia Netflix and it does says HDR10 on the Info pop up so it appears the blip is limited to Dolby Vision for now.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1026 posts
9952 upvotes
Vancouver
volvik wrote: I just pulled up Stranger Things S03E08 on Nvidia Netflix and it does says HDR10 on the Info pop up so it appears the blip is limited to Dolby Vision for now.
Interesting. Well at least you have a fall back for specific content (not as if HDR10 is really a fallback) if Vision isnt available.
Jun 7, 2007
988 posts
474 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
hotandsoursoup wrote: Got mine hooked up yesterday, grey uniformity is affecting white texts on a grey background such as youtube app. I keep seeing patches of brownish when using any apps that have grey backgrounds like Youtube and Netflix. other than that it's amazing. watched Our Planet on Netflix and some 4K videos on Youtube (especially colorful birds) it's mesmerizing.
But the grey issue really bugs me
I think this has to do with the Active Full Array settings. Try it on Low or Off. I was also seeing this issue on certain videos I was trying, to test out HDR and 4k colour on Youtube. When Active Full Array is on Medium, I see a lot of glowing on bright objects/words on black backgrounds. Having it on low or off makes it a bit easier to see.
Sep 17, 2008
190 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I know this is really a personal choice, but did anyone use the calibration guide from rtings and keep the same values? I found their suggested settings to be very dull in color. I changed mine to vivid, and just lowered the backlight and brightness. If I could make the colors in their "calibrated dark" suggestion pop more, then I would be more inclined to leave it on that setting.

What calibration settings is everyone else using?
Feb 7, 2004
593 posts
425 upvotes
St Thomas
I just got mine up today. Replaced the PQ65 I had there. I know they are almost the same TV but I’ve watched a couple movies (Dolby vision, standard HD and streaming hockey) and I’m surprised overall I’ve noticed a sharper picture; and I’ve always enjoyed the PQ65.

I’ve found the calibrated dark setting to the the best and lower backlight to around 40-45. You have to give your eyes some time to adjust. Vivid is bright and super saturated. It pops but it’s not natural.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Labrie wrote: I just got mine up today. Replaced the PQ65 I had there. I know they are almost the same TV but I’ve watched a couple movies (Dolby vision, standard HD and streaming hockey) and I’m surprised overall I’ve noticed a sharper picture; and I’ve always enjoyed the PQ65.

I’ve found the calibrated dark setting to the the best and lower backlight to around 40-45. You have to give your eyes some time to adjust. Vivid is bright and super saturated. It pops but it’s not natural.
Rtings rated the p65 to have better quality after calibration. How did you calibrate your tvs? Did you notice any panel issues or other differences?
Feb 7, 2004
593 posts
425 upvotes
St Thomas
vivibaby wrote: Rtings rated the p65 to have better quality after calibration. How did you calibrate your tvs? Did you notice any panel issues or other differences?
There is a calibrated and dark setting built into the TV. I have not had my TVs professionally calibrated. When you’re looking for it you can notice some faint banding on a white background; like when streaming hockey with fast movement. I have never noticed it while watching quality content. Like I said, the main surprise for me has been the sharpness. I loved the picture on my PQ65 and I don’t know how to account for the difference but this PX65 has really impressed me. Especially considering it cost less than the PQ65 did 9 months ago.
Nov 25, 2016
9 posts
4 upvotes
Is anyone else still waiting for theirs after ordering on black Friday? The last update on "Alero Worldwide" tracking was Dec 3rd (6 days ago) and just says " Shipping WLI eta DA 12/09/19".
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
JonnyFlash wrote: Is anyone else still waiting for theirs after ordering on black Friday? The last update on "Alero Worldwide" tracking was Dec 3rd (6 days ago) and just says " Shipping WLI eta DA 12/09/19".
Mines delivering today (next hour or so) - and obviously it's raining haha.

DA means Distribution Agent, they'll call you once they get the TV and schedule a delivering date. They called me Thursday (5th), scheduling for Today (9th)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Alero passed my TV onto a local delivery agent up island (Standard Delivery out of Nanaimo) and while the tracking information from Alero (OnTime Tracking Software) was abysmmal both in description and accuracy the local delivery agent was excellent. I was prepared for a problem however they called and mentioned a delivery window the next day. I called back to explain that that was a problem as I had to leave the house towards the end of their window. He called back again and said he had put my delivery as their first stop instead.

Kudos to Standard Delivery......oh and yes, so far the TV is stellar! Set to Calibrated Dark.
Jul 9, 2018
93 posts
70 upvotes
I got mine today but the top of the screen shows pixelated image on fixed pictures. Like when I pause netflix, top left of the screen image start to degrade over time and in 2-3 mins the corner gets pixelated. The moment the image change it goes away.
This is concerning for a TV of this price, I am on the verge of calling costco to take this back. Anyone else has seen this on their TVs?
Dec 3, 2008
44 posts
11 upvotes
mazemos wrote: I got mine today but the top of the screen shows pixelated image on fixed pictures. Like when I pause netflix, top left of the screen image start to degrade over time and in 2-3 mins the corner gets pixelated. The moment the image change it goes away.
This is concerning for a TV of this price, I am on the verge of calling costco to take this back. Anyone else has seen this on their TVs?
I think that might be Netflix itself switching to a lower resolution on pause.
Nov 25, 2016
9 posts
4 upvotes
Can't wait to try out this TV based on all the positive reviews. I'm still waiting to receive mine 2-weeks after purchasing it on Black Friday.

Costco.ca shipping appears to be hit or miss. I've had some things arrive fairly quickly... not this TV though. I finally got an update from Alero Worldwide a few days ago (after I inquired) and found out it wasn't with the delivery agent (DA) yet.

Now it's been received by the delivery agent, some company called "Baltic New Brunswick" but I haven't heard a word from them yet after having it in their possession for 2 days. I don't think I'll be ordering any large purchases from costco.ca anymore. Shipping something from Quebec to New Brunswick should not take 2+ weeks with piss poor updates on the tracking.
Jul 9, 2018
93 posts
70 upvotes
Nope, I just confirmed running a bunch of other test that there is a stripe of pixels on that area that fail to change fast and will cripple the picture.
Didn’t expect this sort of low quality from a $1500 TV. Money better spent on a Sony where they produce some decent reliable TVs. Maybe trying another Vizio in 5yr, still too early in my mind now.

bjohannes wrote: I think that might be Netflix itself switching to a lower resolution on pause.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7812 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
mazemos wrote: Nope, I just confirmed running a bunch of other test that there is a stripe of pixels on that area that fail to change fast and will cripple the picture.
Didn’t expect this sort of low quality from a $1500 TV. Money better spent on a Sony where they produce some decent reliable TVs. Maybe trying another Vizio in 5yr, still too early in my mind now.
Sorry to necro the thread, but is it really that bad? My LG just died and they are humming and hawing on if they will honour my free panel replacement. I may be in the new market for a TV soon and I'm not sure if I go 65" Vizio PX65, Samsung Q80R, Panasonic GZ1000, Sony A8G or slum it with a 75" TCL 6R15.
Jul 9, 2018
93 posts
70 upvotes
I swapped mine with the sony 950G and didn’t look back. Easy decision in my mind with $1500 on the line. You pick what you like but do give it a good test to make sure it holds up...
unshavenyak wrote: Sorry to necro the thread, but is it really that bad? My LG just died and they are humming and hawing on if they will honour my free panel replacement. I may be in the new market for a TV soon and I'm not sure if I go 65" Vizio PX65, Samsung Q80R, Panasonic GZ1000, Sony A8G or slum it with a 75" TCL 6R15.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)