Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Vizio SB3621N-E8 36-in. 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer [$199.99 - $20 Masterpass]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2018 8:52 pm
[OP]
Jan 21, 2012
141 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Vizio SB3621N-E8 36-in. 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer [$199.99 - $20 Masterpass]

Deal Link:
Not sure when Costco decided to carry this model but it's the top rated budget soundbar under $300usd

Unfortunately doesn't run through HDMI Arc or have googlecast

https://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-sb3621n-e8/review/
http://www.toptenreviews.com/electronic ... ar-review/
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/vi ... er/5767900
14 replies
Jan 17, 2006
856 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
Highly recommend putting another $50 for the SB3651-E6, it's 5.1, has HDMI Arc and SmartCast.

I have it in my Family room and love it, amazed with the sound quality for the price and configured it as the default music speaker for the Google Home Mini making the combo a much better option than the Google Home Max for a lot less...
Jul 4, 2007
393 posts
333 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Have it in our condo...perfect for the relatively small space to add a great amount of good quality sound.

Using bluetooth with our phones is also great if we just want to play spotify without the TV on - fills the whole suite up.

FYI

$483.33 on Amazon.ca (+$75.72 shipping - third party sellers)
4.5 Stars on Amazon.COM
5 Stars on CNET - Considered 'The King of the Budget Sound Bars'
$148.00 USD on BHPhotovideo.COM (free shipping to CANADA*) - Rated 4.8/5 Stars
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2283 posts
553 upvotes
Lumute wrote: Highly recommend putting another $50 for the SB3651-E6, it's 5.1, has HDMI Arc and SmartCast.

I have it in my Family room and love it, amazed with the sound quality for the price and configured it as the default music speaker for the Google Home Mini making the combo a much better option than the Google Home Max for a lot less...
Great speakers! I find the Truvolume feature is quite broken. It turns off everytime you change episodes or watch another movie. You have to turn it off then back on. Do you have this problem as well?
May 31, 2018
13 posts
19 upvotes
ottawa
I have 2 of these soundbars in my house and they are awesome. No issues and they throw the sound wide nicely so it really does come out like surround sound. The subwoofer bass is also very nice. Great affordable sound system and it gets high marks online if you google it as one of the best budget soundbars you can get according to CNET.
Jan 17, 2006
856 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
Phat_cow wrote: Great speakers! I find the Truvolume feature is quite broken. It turns off everytime you change episodes or watch another movie. You have to turn it off then back on. Do you have this problem as well?
To be honest i have not used this feature as I do not watch much TV, mostly movies from Netflix which is is pretty good on volume levels...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1167 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
Lumute wrote: Highly recommend putting another $50 for the SB3651-E6, it's 5.1, has HDMI Arc and SmartCast.

I have multiplie sources with HDMI out. I would guess I would need some type of HDMI switch?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1501 posts
555 upvotes
TBD
If his doesn't have HDMI, how does it connect to the TV?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2104 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
Tried to buy this but the Masterpass discount does not work. Yes, I've used Masterpass on a previous deal to buy a bidet about 4 months ago so it was working. Wish they test these out to ensure it worked. So frustrating when you consider the hoops Masterpass makes you go through - and then not work :(
May 9, 2005
121 posts
32 upvotes
TORO

Agreed, have one too and it's great for what you pay.
For 50 more you get HDMI in out and arc
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1769 posts
2407 upvotes
BC
Britex wrote: Tried to buy this but the Masterpass discount does not work. Yes, I've used Masterpass on a previous deal to buy a bidet about 4 months ago so it was working. Wish they test these out to ensure it worked. So frustrating when you consider the hoops Masterpass makes you go through - and then not work :(
The masterpass discount limits you to one use per Costco account. I believe I bypassed it by not putting in my Costco membership number, and signed up using a different email.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2104 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
peakingduck wrote: The masterpass discount limits you to one use per Costco account. I believe I bypassed it by not putting in my Costco membership number, and signed up using a different email.
I thought it was once per promotion? So I guess I'd need to create another account. Don't know if I'd even bother.
Dec 14, 2006
115 posts
15 upvotes
kevdanga wrote: If his doesn't have HDMI, how does it connect to the TV?
All of your HDMI inputs plug into the TV itself, you then use an optical cable from the TV to the soundbar.
Penalty Box
Dec 18, 2003
955 posts
251 upvotes
Is the advantage of HDMI arc only if you use an av reciever?
Apr 11, 2013
35 posts
44 upvotes
Just grabbed the 5.1 version from markham costco.. well worth it for $249. Amazing sound and better yet.. it looks amazing and very sleek.