Hot Deals

[Costco] Vizio SB3621N-G8 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer [$169.99 ($30 off)]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 2:36 pm
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
670 posts
1196 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Costco] Vizio SB3621N-G8 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer [$169.99 ($30 off)]

I'm in the market for a soundbar with a wireless sub. I missed the sale on the Vizio soundbar with bult-in ChromeCast, but this one appears to make a close second...I think!

I like the fact that the sub has a slim profile as I live in a tiny condo, but I don't know if it packs enough umfh. Will try next weekend. Meanwhile, if anyone else is interested, have a go and do post your thoughts.

Plenty of reviews at costco.com [link]

Website doesn't indicate how much the price is discounted, but the US website indicates, USD30 off at Costco.com so that's a guess.

Item 1362121

Model SB3621n-G8
Your Price 169.99$
LIMITED TIME OFFER

Price valid until 09/26/19

Shipping & Handling Included

Features:
Wireless Slim Subwoofer
DTS Virtual:X
Bluetooth

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 18.44.18.png
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Sep 16th, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
17 replies
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
670 posts
1196 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
drb789 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:22 pm
Link is wrong

Correct Link
Thx! Link corrected!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1836 posts
137 upvotes
Looks like it supports DTS Virtual:X so this must be a new model. No HDMI ARC connection.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1107 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Just return Bose solo 5 tv in other thread, cuz of bad its bass. Is it a deal killer for not having HDMI arc thing? Sound quality get hurt? Im curious should I buy Samsung one instead?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6940 posts
2779 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting design, wonder how it compares to the conventional sub from the previous model.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
670 posts
1196 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Angultra wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:42 am
Interesting design, wonder how it compares to the conventional sub from the previous model.
I doubt this slim design will be as versatile as the older 3.1 or 5.1 models.

My guess is that it needs to be placed under your couch for optimal effect as the placement there will result in it using the cavity inside your couch as a larger encasement to deliver a better bass response to the room.
Sep 19, 2012
236 posts
269 upvotes
Edmonton
tunglete wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:20 am
Is it a deal killer for not having HDMI arc thing? Sound quality get hurt?
If you don't know what it is you won't need it
May 18, 2010
58 posts
8 upvotes
Port Elgin, Ontario
Angultra wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:42 am
wireless sub will need line of sight to the sound bar for connection, if similar to other models by vizio
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1129 posts
118 upvotes
mrb92 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 10:26 am
wireless sub will need line of sight to the sound bar for connection, if similar to other models by vizio
can anyone confirm this?
Apr 23, 2003
372 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Corinthein wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:22 pm
can anyone confirm this?
I just bought this last week and I am very happy with it. A significant improvement over TV speakers -- voice clarity/treble is definitely noticeable -- a difference between night and day using the optical input. There is enough bass from the sub to change the experience when watching TV. Having said that, it is no replacement for a true 5.1 systems (which I have downstairs in the home theatre) with amps, speakers, etc.

Technically does not need line of sight. I have the wireless sub behind my coach and it is working fine. Love the slim profile of the speaker and the sub (can be in an upright position as well). Originally ordered the F6 model for $130 but returned it as the speaker was pretty clunky and fugly (and I saw this model being sold).

The one thing I don't like is the generic lights when you are changing the settings -- but it is pretty easy to figure out. The remote is simple, but more than sufficient to control the speakers and settings. Have not tried bluetooth pairing yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1047 posts
1505 upvotes
Victoria
Wow, just realized I'm an idiot lol. I've been using the Vizio 5.1 with the sub in the front under the soundbar and speakers. Realised the sub is wireless and connects to the speakers. Gonna move them to the couch. Doh.
DStriderX wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 1:52 pm
I just bought this last week and I am very happy with it. A significant improvement over TV speakers -- voice clarity/treble is definitely noticeable -- a difference between night and day using the optical input. There is enough bass from the sub to change the experience when watching TV. Having said that, it is no replacement for a true 5.1 systems (which I have downstairs in the home theatre) with amps, speakers, etc.

Technically does not need line of sight. I have the wireless sub behind my coach and it is working fine. Love the slim profile of the speaker and the sub (can be in an upright position as well). Originally ordered the F6 model for $130 but returned it as the speaker was pretty clunky and fugly (and I saw this model being sold).

The one thing I don't like is the generic lights when you are changing the settings -- but it is pretty easy to figure out. The remote is simple, but more than sufficient to control the speakers and settings. Have not tried bluetooth pairing yet.