Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio SB3651-E6 36-in. 5.1 Sound Bar-199$

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 9:55 am
Sep 26, 2018
162 posts
414 upvotes
teemaxx wrote: Generally speaking I'm very pleased with this soundbar with value and performance, compared to not having one anyways. Two issues I have though:

1. In a small apartment, the volume increments at the low end are too dramatic. The difference between 0, 1, and 2 are dramatic. Sometimes even 1 is often too loud at night and disturbs others in a small apartment. Several others complaining about this online.

2. There is no way I know of to temporarily unlink the on/off feature from my Vizio TV remote - so, if I want to use just the TV speakers at night, I have to unplug the soundbar.

Go to TV audio setting, you can choose Turn on/Turn off/Auto the TV Speaker. If select "Turn on", should turn on your TV speaker, and disable the soundbar, you don't need to disconnect.
Dec 18, 2013
356 posts
186 upvotes
Vancouver
Tarabapekid wrote: Go to TV audio setting, you can choose Turn on/Turn off/Auto the TV Speaker. If select "Turn on", should turn on your TV speaker, and disable the soundbar, you don't need to disconnect.
I never even thought of trying that, it works! Many thanks for the tip!!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1075 posts
668 upvotes
I bought one the last time it was on sale for $199. Works fantastically with my Vizio M65-f0 tv (and previously hooked up to my Vizio m55-e0). Don't know what all the previous complaints are about. Sometimes people complaining about the satellite speakers buzzing or not activating.
I noticed on some content slight buzzing in the satellites, and some content not having surround sound/subwoofer audio....then on other content that's specifically 5.1 mix, its full surround sound with booming subwoofer...amazing. I'm positive its because of the content, not the speakers. When a show/movie/game is offered in surround sound, these babies activate. They wont pump out anything to the satellites if not. Thats my experience anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
klown wrote: This is a POS. Costco does not offer any extended warranty so 1 year is it. It keeps turning itself off randomly, before it would turn itself completely off, now it turns itself off and back on at random intervals. I would stay as far away as possible from any Vizio sound products.

That subwoofer is wireless. Back speakers connect to it.
No issues here with my unit, bought last September at the same price. If you pay with your credit card, depends on what credit card you have it can double the manufacturer warranty. So 1 year with manufacturer, and one more year through your credit card.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
theXshape wrote: I might try it. Does a soundbar fall into the 90 days return ?
bobcat99 wrote: No.
been told "yes" by a Costco sales person, the one with a red vest in the electronic dept.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
so here's my fast review of this sound bar. Bought it for the exact same price last September, and since then never had any issues with it. No issues as well with the Androïd Vizio app. Sound is great, easy to pair with my Google Home. So, just have to say "Hey google, play music on sound bar" and it turns on, and plays music. Sound is great for the price, and this is the only device I found with a Google Home compatibility at that price. Sub is great, and wireless to the sub is a must. Connected the sound bar to my Samsung TV via HDMI ARC, and never had an issue with this setup, the sound bar ALWAYS turns on automatically when I power on the TV. Few seconds delay, and BAM TV sound comes from the sound bar.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1354 posts
700 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: Mine kept turning off too; it was still within 30 days so I just returned it.

Maybe eco setting issues ? Mines been off since I bought it so maybe that's why I never experienced it.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1354 posts
700 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: so here's my fast review of this sound bar. Bought it for the exact same price last September, and since then never had any issues with it. No issues as well with the Androïd Vizio app. Sound is great, easy to pair with my Google Home. So, just have to say "Hey google, play music on sound bar" and it turns on, and plays music. Sound is great for the price, and this is the only device I found with a Google Home compatibility at that price. Sub is great, and wireless to the sub is a must. Connected the sound bar to my Samsung TV via HDMI ARC, and never had an issue with this setup, the sound bar ALWAYS turns on automatically when I power on the TV. Few seconds delay, and BAM TV sound comes from the sound bar.

Does your soundbar already have to be set to Bluetooth (as opposed to optical ) for Google home to work ,?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
series1000 wrote: Maybe eco setting issues ? Mines been off since I bought it so maybe that's why I never experienced it.
Had eco off, and even went through Vizio's troubleshooting tips like power-cycling.
Dec 11, 2005
119 posts
27 upvotes
I have the same system which I bought with the last sale and have throughly enjoyed. I also have an older 48in vizio system and always get compliments. I did have a minor issue trying to sink with one of my TVs and the issue was related to an option that needed to be selected before ARC would work.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
695 upvotes
Ottawa
I have Bestbuy gift card but I donzt think BB will price match Costco.
It is a pain getting BB gift card.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2862 posts
1800 upvotes
Anyone know how to place the stand and run the cable at the same time ?

My current setup ... The rod blocks the cable (marked in red)
76CBDC90-813E-45DB-9085-F33A0B099B9C.jpeg
Jul 13, 2013
66 posts
41 upvotes
I had issues with the sound bar turning off too and everything was fine after I turned off the eco mode.
Dec 1, 2018
154 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto
cf7777 wrote: I have Bestbuy gift card but I donzt think BB will price match Costco.
It is a pain getting BB gift card.
You can use it to purchase a prepaid visa
May 15, 2009
199 posts
110 upvotes
Does this have hdmi arc?? I'd prefer to not have to use two remotes. If not can anyone recommend something good that does?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
series1000 wrote: Does your soundbar already have to be set to Bluetooth (as opposed to optical ) for Google home to work ,?
I don't think that it have something to do... Mine is connected through HDMI ARC and as long as it is connected on the same network that the Google Home is connected to Google Home will recognize it
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
SirGray wrote: Does this have hdmi arc?? I'd prefer to not have to use two remotes. If not can anyone recommend something good that does?
Yes it does. In my case half of the time it does not work properly (i.e. it does not switch automatically so I have to cycle through the inputs). Personally I am going with this

newegg-yamaha-refurbished-ats-1080-soun ... #p30813513

and buying a 150-200$ subwoofer on Amazon.

You can also get the non-refurb version for about 300$ or the 20x version for a bit more which does come with subbiewoofie.

Another basic issue I have with Vizio is that everything is on the cheap on their sound bars. How hard would it be to have one button per input on the remote or even have actual words on instead of alien dots on the soundbar itself to indicate in code which input is used?
Jul 11, 2009
853 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
wow, it looks like it's been almost 3 years since i bought the Vizio SB3851D0 from costco for about $ 300 or $ 325. compared to then this is pretty good.

i never had any issues issues with it. i love its connectivity options (just about any possibility). i used to use bluetooth and it's 3.5mm aux input but now i really only use HDMI-ARC and its built in google chromecast, so that i can play spotify on it using google assistant.

I've been waiting for Sonos to get its shit together cuz i wanna get the beam. if Sonos had just google chromecast built in, i'd get that in a second. its amazing how hard it is to find a compact soundbar with google chromecast built in. i really like how Vizio has gotten that all sorted out.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: been told "yes" by a Costco sales person, the one with a red vest in the electronic dept.
Not true. I bought mine around boxing day and returned it a couple of days ago.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)