None
Dec 27, 2013
24 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton
djdk80 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 1:41 am
Was at GTA richmond hill costco, price was back @599
Good to hear it’s at least there still, hopefully it will go back on sale before Christmas
Nov 18, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Set up mine and worked great initially. First time I powered it down... It just never turned back on. Came back on randomly after an hour, but no sound output whatsoever. Tech support from Vizio also gave up. Returning it to Costco shortly. Shame cause it sounded great when it worked initially.
Feb 20, 2004
668 posts
98 upvotes
Markham
GiOBoY wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 9:23 am
I set mine up last night... it was kind of a strange process to get the smartcast app connected so that I could setup the wifi.
But after that PITA process - I was able to upgrade the firmware to the latest version 1.2.0.1 and now everything is running well.
My bar is working great, but I'm on the old firmware. I'm paranoid to update it as I've read some stories where the bar gets pooched after updating. However, I may upgrade anyway because I can't connect the bar to my wifi nor can I get bluetooth to work. I tried using the remote and the app to connect and no go.
Mar 29, 2017
9 posts
80 upvotes
I set mine up 2 days ago, worked great with the Bravia Sync (CEC for Sony Tvs), however i couldn't get the smarcast app to work properly. Vizio support was great and spend about an hour, finally got it to work using a different mobile device. I had to factory hard reset the soundbar couple of times before it worked. Now that it connects to the app and cast works so i can play music through spotify etc and bluetooth also works, my bravia sync doesnt work. I tried multiple times to reconnect it as i am using the ARC HDMI connection, and no luck. Vizio said they can give me a replacement but no point in waiting i will be returning this to Costco and getting another unit to see if that works.

As for the firmware update, can someone tell me how i can upgrade the firmware? maybe i will give that a try before returning it.
I did like the unit when it worked, sounded great.
Feb 26, 2018
46 posts
51 upvotes
Terry124 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:47 am
I set mine up 2 days ago, worked great with the Bravia Sync (CEC for Sony Tvs), however i couldn't get the smarcast app to work properly. Vizio support was great and spend about an hour, finally got it to work using a different mobile device. I had to factory hard reset the soundbar couple of times before it worked. Now that it connects to the app and cast works so i can play music through spotify etc and bluetooth also works, my bravia sync doesnt work. I tried multiple times to reconnect it as i am using the ARC HDMI connection, and no luck. Vizio said they can give me a replacement but no point in waiting i will be returning this to Costco and getting another unit to see if that works.

As for the firmware update, can someone tell me how i can upgrade the firmware? maybe i will give that a try before returning it.
I did like the unit when it worked, sounded great.
In the SmartCast app go to the device. There should be a check for updates selection (under settings I believe). First check device information as it will list the firmware version. If it shows 1.2.0.1 then you are already up to date (mine was when I checked).
Dec 27, 2013
24 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton
Looks like it’s not even online on Costco anymore, hopefully it comes back
Feb 20, 2004
668 posts
98 upvotes
Markham
EleventhDoctor wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 12:03 am
Looks like it’s not even online on Costco anymore, hopefully it comes back
It should be available for Christmas/Boxing Week
Mar 29, 2017
9 posts
80 upvotes
Beyar90 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 2:56 pm
In the SmartCast app go to the device. There should be a check for updates selection (under settings I believe). First check device information as it will list the firmware version. If it shows 1.2.0.1 then you are already up to date (mine was when I checked).
Thanks, but mine is at the latest firmware and still not connecting via HDMI ARC. Returning it to costco.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1090 posts
198 upvotes
Terry124 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:36 am
Thanks, but mine is at the latest firmware and still not connecting via HDMI ARC. Returning it to costco.
I heard that issue is caused by the HDMI cable that comes with the soundbar, try another one you have that's not vizio-branded.
HI
Sep 10, 2008
578 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
I thought I saw these for only $250 at Costco! Tested and it sounded very good compared to the Bose(slightly lower price)
May 4, 2008
398 posts
185 upvotes
GTA
trilobites wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 3:47 pm
I thought I saw these for only $250 at Costco! Tested and it sounded very good compared to the Bose(slightly lower price)
Thats older model you saw
It was on sale for 209 before
Oct 16, 2018
71 posts
34 upvotes
haites wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:10 am
I've been reading reviews and waiting for this to go on sale. Apparently it's pretty decent. It's listed as tomsguide's best Atmos soundbar under $500US

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/vizio-sb36 ... -5768.html

Thanks for the heads up OP! Saved me a trip to the warehouse scouting for deals!
How does this compare to the Samsung/Harmon Kardon hwn850? Guys at visions electronic are pushing it as best bang for buck.
Jun 9, 2016
14 posts
5 upvotes
I got mine a week ago and spent the weekend installing and configuring everything, it worked for a couple hours and then stopped. I've tried everything, It turns on but I got no sound.
I went to Costco to return it and get a new one but now the price is 599 and they won't just exchange it since I bought online.

I called the customer support and they said since they don't have stock online there's nothing they can do other than refund the 399 I paid.
I'm considering buying a new one at 599 and return the faulted one, but that does not seems right!
Any suggestions ?
Feb 26, 2018
46 posts
51 upvotes
C4VER4 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:23 pm
I got mine a week ago and spent the weekend installing and configuring everything, it worked for a couple hours and then stopped. I've tried everything, It turns on but I got no sound.
I went to Costco to return it and get a new one but now the price is 599 and they won't just exchange it since I bought online.

I called the customer support and they said since they don't have stock online there's nothing they can do other than refund the 399 I paid.
I'm considering buying a new one at 599 and return the faulted one, but that does not seems right!
Any suggestions ?
They should honour the online price if it's a faulty device! You have every right to buy a new one at a higher price then return the faulty one at the higher price. It's not your fault you were sold a lemon. I would totally do that if they are not honoring the price you paid. (I'm quite shocked in fact as Costco CS is usually really great).
Mar 29, 2017
9 posts
80 upvotes
C4VER4 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:23 pm

Any suggestions ?

So i think i know the issue, did you connect yours to wifi as well?
Mine worked great out of the box until i connected it to wifi using the stupid smartcast app and it screwed up everything and i couldnt get sound like you did. So i went to Costco and told them what was wrong and they had new stock available (the one at Overlea Blvd in Toronto). However before leaving the return i knew the price was back to $599 so i told the person doing the return i just want to do an exchange but since i have to go through a return (which makes no sense at costco) that i should be honored the $399 price and they were helpful for me. The manager at the return wrote behind my initial bill that they would do the price match of $399 just for that same day. Got a new unit for $399 and now it works great.

But i am scared to connect it via the smartcast app because i feel like its going to screw it up again. i think the new firmware is what caused my initial unit to fail although i can be completely wrong my gut feeling says that was the case. The unit is good i would say even for the $599 for the atmos.