• Dec 20th, 2018 2:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8435 posts
9252 upvotes
GT-EH
Snoopygis wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:05 am
My bar is working great, but I'm on the old firmware. I'm paranoid to update it as I've read some stories where the bar gets pooched after updating. However, I may upgrade anyway because I can't connect the bar to my wifi nor can I get bluetooth to work. I tried using the remote and the app to connect and no go.
Terry124 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 1:27 pm
But i am scared to connect it via the smartcast app because i feel like its going to screw it up again. i think the new firmware is what caused my initial unit to fail although i can be completely wrong my gut feeling says that was the case. The unit is good i would say even for the $599 for the atmos.
Connecting via smartcast app wasn't all that intuitive at first for me.
To pair the stupid thing you have to press the "+" button on the bar and it took me a few tries to realize that.

Then updating the firmware also takes patience too... give it a good 30 minutes or so...
I initiated the update before having dinner so I it wasn't an issue for me at all.

After dinner, just do another status check via smartcast and you'll see the new version...

If things don't work for whatever reason afterwards,
perform a Factory Reset by Press and Hold the Bluetooth( ) and Volume Down (—) buttons for 5 seconds.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Jul 26, 2006
30 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Does anybody have a suggestion for a set of satellite speaker stands for this soundbar? I have 2 sets and the satellite speaker RCA jack doesn't fit through to hide the wire.
Thanks.