Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio SB46312-F6 46-in. 3.1.2 Home Theatre Sound Bar System with Dolby Atmos

Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west

[Costco] Vizio SB46312-F6 46-in. 3.1.2 Home Theatre Sound Bar System with Dolby Atmos

Usual Friday scanning the Going going gone on Costco and found this soundbar. Seems to be $1300 most places.

Not sure if this is a hot deal or not. While we know a true 5.1 or 7.1 with a receiver and wires running is the best, its not feasible to many due to house layout

Seems a lot of Atmos enabled sound bars are all over $1000. Reviews online seem decent as well
18 replies
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
The only time I have ever seen this at a lower price are the used units from amazon.com of questionable condition, selling for ~$550 USD. This is a great price if you were in the market for a mid-tier price range sound system, with some high-tier features. Don't kid yourself, this is NOT as good as a set-up that has dedicated ceiling channels, tower speakers, and an A/V receiver, but that costs a significant amount more money and has some more set-up involved. Relatively speaking, this is plug and play.

I recommend these wall mounts for the rear speakers (I have the cheaper Vizio soundbar without upfiring speakers, so I can confirm these mounts are compatible):
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0069L ... UTF8&psc=1
Aug 18, 2017
269 posts
157 upvotes
Not 100 percent sure but I think this was $499 at Costco within the last year around Christmas time. Was a vizio atmos setup
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Oomani wrote: The only time I have ever seen this at a lower price are the used units from amazon.com of questionable condition, selling for ~$550 USD. This is a great price if you were in the market for a mid-tier price range sound system, with some high-tier features. Don't kid yourself, this is NOT as good as a set-up that has dedicated ceiling channels, tower speakers, and an A/V receiver, but that costs a significant amount more money and has some more set-up involved. Relatively speaking, this is plug and play.

I recommend these wall mounts for the rear speakers (I have the cheaper Vizio soundbar without upfiring speakers, so I can confirm these mounts are compatible):
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0069L ... UTF8&psc=1
Doesn't look like this one has rears. The pictures on the Costco link and the below amazon link (with more pictures) doesn't really give any indication rears are included in this package
https://www.amazon.ca/SB46312-F6-46-Pre ... B07GTQWMHR
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Oct 19, 2015
9 posts
4 upvotes
Kentville, NS
3.1.2 would mean 3 main speakers with .1 being the sub and .2 being the Atmos/upward firing speakers.

5.1.2 would be a system with rear speakers
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Vizio SB46312-F6 has no rears and is the system in OPs link. Costco regular price was $999.99. So $200 off on clearance (.97 pricing)?
Vizio SB46514-F6 has rears and is $997.99 now (regular Costco price $1,097.99), found here: https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-SB46514-F6- ... 68215.html
same price at amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/VIZIO-SB46514-F6- ... B07GTQWMYQ
The soundbar and the subwoofer parts are the same between the two systems.
One more details about the rears (compared to all other rears that Vizio has included in other systems until now), these are the only ones that have two speakers inside. So second speaker for height effects, as shown here: Image
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
Good points everyone, I didn't look at this closely enough. Would've been a great price for the 5.1.2 set-up though, too bad!
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Oomani wrote: Good points everyone, I didn't look at this closely enough. Would've been a great price for the 5.1.2 set-up though, too bad!
I thought it was when I watched the one video. My mistake
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
If you're going to spend $800 might as well start with a semi-decent AVR and speakers rather than a crappy soundbar that at best will only visualize everything.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
ph00p wrote: If you're going to spend $800 might as well start with a semi-decent AVR and speakers rather than a crappy soundbar that at best will only visualize everything.
Do these have wires for anything in the back. Many people go this route due to rec room or living room configuration, or as well don't want to spend days trying to hide wires, and in some cases you couldn't anyway
Jun 1, 2004
482 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I've been looking for decent soundbar with atmos support since I don't have the space or room to accommodate a true home theater setup as everyone seem to recommend.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Ricesteam wrote: Thanks OP. I've been looking for decent soundbar with atmos support since I don't have the space or room to accommodate a true home theater setup as everyone seem to recommend.
There is no doubt a true 5.1 or 7.1 setup wired is the way to go. But many people don't have dedicated media rooms, or layouts that you can actually do that. I used to have a true 5.1 system, receiver and all the bells and whistles. And then we moved, and the home theatre area was completely finished, so unless I wanted to spend an entire weekend fishing and hiding wires (which isn't a big deal) I didn't want to have to drill and try to hide these holes after the fact.

My new place I have a walk out basement, and the loyout with the couch in the middle of the room, and a doorway, hiding wires would be very hard. So Im saying screw it, and trying this atmos thing.
Jun 7, 2019
61 posts
70 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: They have this one for $600 with the rear satellites, but the sound bar is smaller

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-SB36512-F6- ... 58439.html
This has been $499 online multiple times and i think this was also on clearance for $400 in some costco stores a couple of months ago. So i would suggest to wait if any one is interested to purchase this.

Edit- or you can get a price adjustment. I am hoping the price will drop on black friday.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
I was in store the other week and saw a Vizio set with the rear sattelites, but not sure if it was Atmos. Price was good, so I doubt it. Ill have to look next time I am in
Jun 7, 2019
61 posts
70 upvotes
If it was around $200, then it was probably SB3651. This one does not have atmos. However, it is a good soundbar for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
NathanT039266 wrote: Not 100 percent sure but I think this was $499 at Costco within the last year around Christmas time. Was a vizio atmos setup
that was the 5.1.2 i believe. this one is perfect for condo dwellers with limited space. thanks op
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Angultra wrote: Price in title please
I filled out the info as requested and it shows up in the thread

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)