• Aug 6th, 2020 10:16 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 27, 2006
322 posts
651 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Wagyu beef $69.99-$79.99/kg

I haven't seen fresh Wagyu at Costco before but hopefully a good deal.
Prime Rib =$69.99/kg
Strip Loin = $74.99/Kg

EDIT: Went to Costco today and the Rib steak price went up to $79.99 from $69.99. But I think it is now boneless.

It has a WAGYU Marble Score +5. But to me doesn't look that much better than AAA Angus.
But I've never bought Wagyu before.

This was 400/7 Vaughan location.
Last edited by el'ation on May 29th, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1006 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2846 posts
1321 upvotes
West Coast
Wow, that's some good looking meat. Never seen Costco sell it instore either, interesting.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Mar 5, 2020
35 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pineapplesuck wrote: Perfect for my cat
I wish I was your cat hahaha
If it's free it's for me!

Save money, live better!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1874 posts
871 upvotes
YYZ
the marbling on some of those pictures are definitely better than AAA angus.

after having tried A5 Waygu, my taste buds have been forever spoiled.
Nov 22, 2015
612 posts
702 upvotes
Toronto
pineapplesuck wrote: Perfect for my cat
I wouldn't even give it to my cat. I throw it to my neighbours lawn to get all the racoons to live in his garage instead.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7448 posts
2519 upvotes
That's dirt cheap for Wagyu! Anyone know if other locations have this? Might want to pick some up tonight since I don't like their AAA and they don't have Canadian Prime anymore.
May 3, 2020
8 posts
12 upvotes
Never seen In store before, this the location that had employees test positive. Maybe an incentive to get me back to that location.
Dec 10, 2006
815 posts
226 upvotes
Japan
This is using MBS and not the usual "A" scoring system. MBS goes up to 9 or 10, while A goes up to 5. Generally speaking, MBS 9 or 10 is A 5, sort of. Generally speaking also, Australian or American wagyu uses MBS to score, Japanese use A to score. So you could kind of say this is A3 kind of fat.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3435 posts
3289 upvotes
Ottawa
People NEED to try wagyu beef before they die.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1485 posts
395 upvotes
I tried this stuff a few months ago.
It's good but I wouldn't buy it again.
I gave away the last two steaks that I cut.
Just too greasy for my liking.
Jul 20, 2014
841 posts
170 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Batarang wrote: People NEED to try wagyu beef before they die.
People need to try A5 Japanese Kobe beef before they die.
Nov 29, 2006
977 posts
293 upvotes
I will take Kobe beef. I thought I saw Costco was selling Kobe beef a couple years ago. Not sure what is the difference between the 2.
Jan 25, 2016
224 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: That's dirt cheap for Wagyu! Anyone know if other locations have this? Might want to pick some up tonight since I don't like their AAA and they don't have Canadian Prime anymore.
I’ve bought this from Kingsway before at Loblaws. While it isn’t the Japanese Wagyu that will make you knees buckle looking at it, it’s pretty darn good!

It is better than any other piece of meat you can buy at a store locally. Rub with salt and pepper and a good Olive Oil...let it sit in your fridge for 24-36 hours uncovered to draw out any liquid.

Good to go!