9006 posts
743 upvotes

[Costco] Wall beds discount up to $450

47 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5398 posts
2362 upvotes
This is the latest trend? Don't think this look will age well.
Dec 21, 2009
448 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote: This is the latest trend? Don't think this look will age well.
less of a look and more of a way to maximize space in small rooms

i've been looking for one of these for our small "guest bedroom", but maybe just a twin size with a very small and simple design
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3538 posts
1623 upvotes
Ottawa
bbmello wrote: less of a look and more of a way to maximize space in small rooms

i've been looking for one of these for our small "guest bedroom", but maybe just a twin size with a very small and simple design
Any cheaper options you've come across?
Dec 21, 2009
448 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
shylok wrote: Any cheaper options you've come across?
honestly not really, i tend to mainly only purchase things like this from costco.

saving a couple hundred bucks is not worth the hassle if something goes wrong

i also trust that costco's prices are competitive and the products they have are usually pretty decent quality

i'm not even going to bother searching elsewhere
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11367 posts
2833 upvotes
Kingston
The multifunctional alternative is a Hidden Bed which is a desk that converts int a bed (without disturbing the stuff on the desk: https://hiddenbedfactory.ca/

(If anyone is interested and handy I have the hardware kit and instructions for DIY Hidden Bed for sale)
Last edited by JWL on Nov 9th, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3538 posts
1623 upvotes
Ottawa
JWL wrote: The multifunctional alternative is a Hidden Bed which is a desk that converts int a bed (without disturbing the stuff on the desk: https://hiddenbedfactory.ca/

(If anyone is interested and handy I have the hardware kit and instructions for DIY Hidden Bed for sale)
Inquiring minds.. Did you buy due to the sales person? Lol
Dec 29, 2009
578 posts
195 upvotes
I need to get a murphy bed. Does anyone have a recommendation? Ideally not as expensive as these ones
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9006 posts
743 upvotes
Same for me, I was thinking if there are other cheaper options. First of all, there is a store in North York specializing in wall beds and can customize any storage and shelving but they are even more expensive. Double wall bed alone (no other shelving or storage) is $1600 and queen $1700. I don't know if there are other local furniture stores that make/sell it cheaper. But then I am also worried about the quality , especially how the wall bed works. The system needs to safe , otherwise it might hurt someone if it fell down.
bbmello wrote: honestly not really, i tend to mainly only purchase things like this from costco.

saving a couple hundred bucks is not worth the hassle if something goes wrong

i also trust that costco's prices are competitive and the products they have are usually pretty decent quality

i'm not even going to bother searching elsewhere
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9006 posts
743 upvotes
Agree. We just want to install a wall bed in the den and could be a guest bed if needed, and it won't take all the space inside that room when it is not needed most if the time.

bbmello wrote: less of a look and more of a way to maximize space in small rooms

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9006 posts
743 upvotes
I think it is the best deal from Costco to just get the wall bed alone. Regarding the storage/shelving, it can match with Ikea Pax system when needed, for even lower price and more flexibility.

E.g. Queen wall bed for $1,099 after discount. I don't think there is anything else in GTA at this price. Also, Costco ones are made in Canada.
Last edited by rdx on Nov 9th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3538 posts
1623 upvotes
Ottawa
JWL wrote: I think I am missing the joke, but no. Bought the kit online for a house I was building. When it was built I determine I had room for a desk and a bed.
Lol kk bad joke.. Just watched the video is all
Dec 21, 2009
448 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Think I'll pull the trigger on the Orion bestar white double for $949.

Seems to be the most simple option.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9006 posts
743 upvotes
bbmello wrote: Think I'll pull the trigger on the Orion bestar white double for $949.

Seems to be the most simple option.
I ordered the queen for $1,099. Hope it is easy to assemble.
Jun 27, 2012
889 posts
1699 upvotes
Fairly expensive but Costco generally has very good quality furniture. Bought several furniture pieces from Costco in the past and have had zero complaints. You get what you pay for.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9006 posts
743 upvotes
The thing is there is no other cheaper option for wall bed in the market.
Saukrates wrote: Fairly expensive but Costco generally has very good quality furniture. Bought several furniture pieces from Costco in the past and have had zero complaints. You get what you pay for.
Aug 22, 2007
142 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto

Lol yeah, I don't know how you could possibly say this won't age well. This will age as well as any wall cabinet that looks the same.

My parents have a custom built wall bed similar to this (except that it cost more for a double) that I used for about a year while looking for an apt and they're honestly just really great for those spare rooms.

For the love of God though don't make your guests sleep on a twin mattress. If you've got the wall space spring for a double.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2343 posts
482 upvotes
Penguin Warlord wrote: For the love of God though don't make your guests sleep on a twin mattress. If you've got the wall space spring for a double.
Why? It's the best way to make sure they don't overstay!