Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Warehouse Only Apple iPhone 13 mini 128GB, Blue Item - 6013135 $799.99 ($140off) end March 20

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2022 9:46 am
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
2064 posts
903 upvotes
Can anyone recommend a cute case and a screen protector?

I'm guessing a 12 mini one won't work with this? I know about the camera difference but I've never used it.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1671 posts
1987 upvotes
GTA
clseea wrote: Apparently you're unaware of FOMO then
Alrighty then. :)
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
Guys, there're 7 left in Niagara location, go go go!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Any place that would PM Costco? I guess not right due to the membership requirement?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
4941 posts
5713 upvotes
Ethanz wrote: Guys, there're 7 left in Niagara location, go go go!
Did you get one?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1567 posts
596 upvotes
Brampton
pprider wrote: Can anyone recommend a cute case and a screen protector?

I'm guessing a 12 mini one won't work with this? I know about the camera difference but I've never used it.
Can confirm 12 mini case and screen protector won’t work. The screen notch is different size and the camera module size for case is different size although outside dimensions are same for both. I have 12 mini and bought this 13 mini as well.
Aug 24, 2006
307 posts
278 upvotes
GTA
thesubmitter wrote: Buy the phones with a momentum visa infinite. I cover 6 phones with a free insurance. I already made 1 claim and got about 1000$ back
I’m pretty sure the CIBC Costco MC has mobile phone coverage of up to $1000.
May 11, 2014
676 posts
410 upvotes
BC
savingsomemoney wrote: I bought a s22 to replace iPhone SE 2020 for better battery life. and the battery life of the s22, which has twice the battery capacity, is worse than the SE.
kept the s22 aside and will order an iPhone again, just not the mini (for resale reasons).
Samsung cut the battery capacity compared to the s21. It makes no sense. Android manfcs. Trying so hard to worsen their lineups.

While apple made their iPhone 13 series pretty great.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
random1234 wrote: Samsung cut the battery capacity compared to the s21. It makes no sense. Android manfcs. Trying so hard to worsen their lineups.

While apple made their iPhone 13 series pretty great.
I think we can agree that both Apple and Samsung have made bad decisions in the last few years.

I'm replying to you on the S22, and the super fast charger and more efficient power utilization more than make up for it.

We're not going down the blue vs red rhetoric again.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 20, 2016
68 posts
72 upvotes
Couldn’t get one @ orillia or Newmarket today :(
Oct 4, 2005
318 posts
42 upvotes
TeamRapo wrote: Couldn’t get one @ orillia or Newmarket today :(
Ack!! You should have stopped in Barrie! They had some in stock!

I didn't get a chance to update my earlier reply.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2761 posts
1323 upvotes
dnyc wrote: I’ll will buy the 13 mini once my 12 dies.. my only gripe with the 12 is it could have a bit better battery life. I still wish the screen was a bit smaller.
the battery life was my only real complaint about the 12 mini. I was constantly running it past 20% daily so it took a toll on the battery health. but now I'm ending the day around 40-50% and can sometimes go two days if I forget to charge. I highly recommend the upgrade to the 13 mini and flip the 12 mini while the 12 mini has higher resale value.

edit: holy crap how did this thread go to 9 pages? are there that many small phone fans out there? Yay!

We're going to have egg on our faces if apple does decide to release a 14 mini.... lol
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2820 posts
985 upvotes
GTA
mr_yellow wrote: the battery life was my only real complaint about the 12 mini. I was constantly running it past 20% daily so it took a toll on the battery health. but now I'm ending the day around 40-50% and can sometimes go two days if I forget to charge. I highly recommend the upgrade to the 13 mini and flip the 12 mini while the 12 mini has higher resale value.

edit: holy crap how did this thread go to 9 pages? are there that many small phone fans out there? Yay!

We're going to have egg on our faces if apple does decide to release a 14 mini.... lol
I upgrade my phone yearly for the longest time until the 12 mini. Told myself this is the phone. I figure when it’s time to upgrade the 13 mini will be fairly cheap. Yes the battery is mediocre but I can charge at home and in my car so I never really need the longevity. I will ride it out even though I really want to. The 13 mini will definitely be my phone one day since there won’t be another.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2761 posts
1323 upvotes
dnyc wrote: I upgrade my phone yearly for the longest time until the 12 mini. Told myself this is the phone. I figure when it’s time to upgrade the 13 mini will be fairly cheap. Yes the battery is mediocre but I can charge at home and in my car so I never really need the longevity. I will ride it out even though I really want to. The 13 mini will definitely be my phone one day since there won’t be another.
I hear ya... I was the opposite =).

I held onto my 5S for years because it was small, then held onto the first gen SE cause it was small. then I *finally* upgrade to the 12 mini and slowly saw my battery health drop with all the repeated deep discharges over a year. I did the math and factoring a new battery costing $90 from apple, I was able to justify flipping my 12 mini for a decent amount that made getting a 13mini "worth it". I also figured with my habitual long upgrade cycles, I can afford splurging a little so quickly =).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4909 posts
3829 upvotes
Edmonton
Looks like a lot of phones purchased. What is everyone dong about a case?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
4941 posts
5713 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: I hear ya... I was the opposite =).

I held onto my 5S for years because it was small, then held onto the first gen SE cause it was small. then I *finally* upgrade to the 12 mini and slowly saw my battery health drop with all the repeated deep discharges over a year. I did the math and factoring a new battery costing $90 from apple, I was able to justify flipping my 12 mini for a decent amount that made getting a 13mini "worth it". I also figured with my habitual long upgrade cycles, I can afford splurging a little so quickly =).
Life is short. You should splurge on yourself once in a while. I bought the apple 7 titanium 45mm SBTi before xmas with the marigold sport band. After trying the stainless steel, I decided the extra $100 for the 2 year warranty + extra sport band. Why not. I will be keeping this for 5+ years as it is really nice to have notifications on your wrist so I don't miss calls/text. Haptics on this watch is really good. The aluminum version is scratch prone. Of all the apple products, the iphone and the watch I think is the most important of their line up.
Feb 9, 2011
913 posts
510 upvotes
As for using CIBC Costco MC "insurance" for mobile phones. Yes you can, but be aware that they factor in depreciation formula of 2% / month and a claim deductible of 10% of total depreciated value. See below for claim example straight from the "certificate of insurance";

https://www.cibc.com/content/dam/cibc-p ... ert-en.pdf

You purchase a mobile device for a purchase price of $900 on March 1st. You file a claim on January 21st of
the following year. Upon approval of your claim, the maximum reimbursement amount will be calculated
as follows:
Purchase price $900
Less depreciation cost - $180 ($900 X 2% X 10 months)
Depreciated value $720
Less deductible - $ 72 ($720 X 10%)
Reimbursement $648
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1568 posts
3114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Looked at my receipt today. Costco doesn't put the IMEI on there, instead they refer to a sticker and their own inventory number.

Is this not a terrible idea and ripe for abuse?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)