Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

[warm] Google home mini

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2020 11:33 pm
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC

[Costco] [warm] Google home mini

I was at my local Costco in Langley BC a few days ago.
they had the google home mini in the glass case where they keep the fancy purses for 19.97
it was not a sale, there was no end date or discount, just the price
since it ends in .97 I think this means they are going to stop carrying them (for a while anyway)

these were on sale at many places for $29 for black friday

I figured under 20 was a good deal so I got a couple.
Google is smarter than amazon as a digital assistant
but both are good choices imo
Images
  • 20200119_102845.jpg
Last edited by fred koenig on Jan 24th, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
Google Home Minis are the older model. The new Nest Mini is the second generation. You can still buy those at Costco.

Google Home Minis are on sale (clearance) at Google for $25/each if Costco isn't your jam or you're looking for a specific colour. https://store.google.com/ca/product/google_home_mini
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
569 upvotes
York
Definitely recommend the Nest Mini over the Gen 1. Sounds much better and better tech throughout the device.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
Is the difference only sound? or are there other differences too? (Sorry for my lack of research) because I only use the Mini for commands and maybe at most, morning news. So it is basically not worth it to upgrade?
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
DealPanda wrote: Is the difference only sound? or are there other differences too? (Sorry for my lack of research) because I only use the Mini for commands and maybe at most, morning news. So it is basically not worth it to upgrade?
Not worth it - Invest your $20 in a good pizza instead :)
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
DealPanda wrote: Is the difference only sound? or are there other differences too? (Sorry for my lack of research) because I only use the Mini for commands and maybe at most, morning news. So it is basically not worth it to upgrade?
Sounds better (much). Has 3 built in microphones (vs 2). It's slightly bigger (not an advantage, just a difference). Has built in "hook" on the back to make it easier to hang.
This isn't a blog.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
If you are looking for better sound then maybe do what I did.
I plugged some decent 2.1 computer speakers into an amazon echo dot
It has the subwoofer and small speakers for stereo separation.
Amazon music is 0.99 for 4 months. I do not know what I will do after that, maybe the spotify trial offer, I already used youtube music.

For the google speakers you can always tell it to play classic rock, or whatever you like and it will play a decent mix. Not bad for free.
Do any of the google devices have a audio out port?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13102 upvotes
fred koenig wrote: For the google speakers you can always tell it to play classic rock, or whatever you like and it will play a decent mix. Not bad for free.
Do any of the google devices have a audio out port?
Nest Mini can pair with bluetooth speakers. Or can instruct Chromcast audio on your network to play whatever.

Also, I remember Play/Youtube Music play a lot of covers when you don't pay. But since I have been paying for a long time, not sure if that's still the case.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
Before I signed up for a service one of the speakers (amazon probably) would not play led zeppelin, it played dread zeppelin instead :)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1895 posts
621 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Anyone see this in still creek burnaby location?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)