Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Warm: Ipad 8th gen. 128Gb, 530$, (480$ with gift of membership coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 5:51 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
262 posts
112 upvotes

[Costco] Warm: Ipad 8th gen. 128Gb, 530$, (480$ with gift of membership coupon)

Ok, I know it's not the deal of the century, but I was checking the price on the 8th generation Ipad (128Gb) on costco.ca because I had a coupon from the gift of membership promotion (50$ off 250$ (see costco-50-online-voucher-gift-membershi ... 413179/41/)) about to expire on january 17th.

I noticed they just reduced the price from 545$ to 530$ (and it's in stock) (regular price: 549$ on the apple store).

If you have a gift of membership coupon, it's a 70$ rebate , which brings it down to 480$. Not a bad price if you were looking to buy one! Even better if you are an executive member with the extra 2%.
Last edited by rudel1 on Jan 11th, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Dec 25, 2010
942 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
Price in title please.
Dec 28, 2006
978 posts
1089 upvotes
"[Costco] Warm: Ipad 8th gen. 128Gb, 20$ rebate, 70$ with gift of membership coupon"

This would be the hottest deal of the century if you can get it for $70.
Oct 1, 2007
263 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I'm pretty sure the iPad Air 4 64gb dropped by $20 as well.

I think it was originally 769 for the 64gb and 969 for the 256gb but now the 64gb one is 749.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1425 posts
4114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Also, another $50 off from using a new credit card signup bonus offer.
Another $500 off for selling something you own on Kijiji.

It's not really a deal to use coupons such as the "Gift of Membership". You might as well post every single item from Costco using that coupon and make it look like a deal. YMMV at that as everyone doesn't have access to the coupon.

In the end it's a downvote for me, sorry OP, but it's $519 direct from Apple with the Education Discount (anyone can get this) which is lower than this "deal" price of $530.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1757 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
blyndfyre wrote: Also, another $50 off from using a new credit card signup bonus offer.

It's not really a deal to use coupons such as the "Gift of Membership". You might as well post every single item from Costco using that coupon and make it look like a deal. YMMV at that as everyone doesn't have access to the coupon.

In the end it's a downvote for me, sorry OP, but it's $519 direct from Apple with the Education Discount (anyone can get this) which is lower than this "deal" price of $530.
Yup, even if you buy the coupon off someone you still only break even with the education discount. I guess costco sells apple care $20 cheaper but then its still not even a warm deal
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4369 posts
774 upvotes
thanks for this, I bought one recently at $544.99 and will submit price adjustment atCostco.ca
Nov 28, 2016
632 posts
234 upvotes
Poor you.

I’ll give you a upvote there, I got one for $264.83.
I bought my iPad with various items that were on sale such as toilet paper, end up all the discount goes towards the calculations of my iPad so it’s a deal of century.
Thanks OP
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Nov 12, 2011
27 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanked. Like OP stated, this deal is great for someone who needs to use up the $50 coupon.

I renewed my Costco membership today and bought this ipad because of OP's post.

I have been looking for an ipad for a long time. My Costco membership already expired but I expected ipads to be on sale, so I asked my friend to buy the GoM for me. I was disappointed when I didn't see any good deals during BF, Cyber Monday and Boxing Day! I almost jumped on the ipad air 64GB deal for $520 (which sold out quickly) but the 128GB is better for my needs.
May 30, 2011
583 posts
186 upvotes
Winnipeg
blyndfyre wrote: Also, another $50 off from using a new credit card signup bonus offer.

I was wondering about education pricing. I’ve seen posts where people have mentioned anyone can get it and was just wondering how true that was. If you were to order and pick up in store would they ask you for some proof? I’m guessing it’s better to order online.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1425 posts
4114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Jlmcneil wrote: I was wondering about education pricing. I’ve seen posts where people have mentioned anyone can get it and was just wondering how true that was. If you were to order and pick up in store would they ask you for some proof? I’m guessing it’s better to order online.
I have only used the education discount for in-store pickup and I've never been asked for proof of student status. I am not a student and always just show my drivers license for ID as proof I'm picking up my order.
May 30, 2011
583 posts
186 upvotes
Winnipeg
blyndfyre wrote: I have only used the education discount for in-store pickup and I've never been asked for proof of student status. I am not a student and always just show my drivers license for ID as proof I'm picking up my order.
Thanks!
Maybe I’ll give it a go and see what happens.
May 30, 2011
583 posts
186 upvotes
Winnipeg
blyndfyre wrote: I have only used the education discount for in-store pickup and I've never been asked for proof of student status. I am not a student and always just show my drivers license for ID as proof I'm picking up my order.
So you can just order items for education pricing and pick it up. I really wanted the new iPad Air and pencil so ordered and received the discount. Wasn’t asked for any proof. Since it’s on my Credit Card I think it qualifies for the extend warranty protection so I didn’t buy apply card. All and all happy that works lol
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1425 posts
4114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Jlmcneil wrote: So you can just order items for education pricing and pick it up. I really wanted the new iPad Air and pencil so ordered and received the discount. Wasn’t asked for any proof. Since it’s on my Credit Card I think it qualifies for the extend warranty protection so I didn’t buy apply card. All and all happy that works lol
I had wondered about the morale dilemma of doing this, not so much for myself, but if I was to continue telling others to use the discount. I contacted the manager of a local store and he said as long as you or any family member are in any type of schooling, including an online seminar, he doesn't have a problem with it and would honor it at his store. Since I heard that I haven't cared and have purchased MacBook Pros and iPhones with the education discount and picked up in store.