Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Warm - Proslat 8'x4' Wall Panel w/ Free Hook Kit ($149.99)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 12:29 pm
[OP]
Sep 23, 2005
387 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Warm - Proslat 8'x4' Wall Panel w/ Free Hook Kit ($149.99)

Did a search but couldn't find this posted...

Costco has its periodic sale on Proslat wall panel where you get a free 20-pc hook kit (value $59.99) with the 32 sqft panel ($149.99).

https://www.costco.ca/Proslat-8-ft.-Wal ... 09387.html

It's been cheaper in the past, but is probably as good as it gets today. I have a set installed for about 3 years and am quite happy with it. Seriously considering doing another wall with it.

Home Depot has the panel for $159 (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/prosla ... 1000847117) (but gray is only $129) and the kit for $87.99 (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/prosla ... 1000847400)
Last edited by lostinpangea on Apr 8th, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1163 posts
1045 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If I'm reading correctly, it comes in 2, 8' x 2' panels? This would work nicely in a 16' x 2' configuration.

OP, did you install these directly on studs, or overtop drywall? I just insulated wall in fall and have been exploring wall coverage.

Don't forget AERO4 to get 4x Aeroplan Miles
[OP]
Sep 23, 2005
387 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
BornToSave wrote: If I'm reading correctly, it comes in 2, 8' x 2' panels? This would work nicely in a 16' x 2' configuration.

OP, did you install these directly on studs, or overtop drywall? I just insulated wall in fall and have been exploring wall coverage.

I installed over drywall as it was already there.

It's been a while, but I *think* that the panels basically come in strips and that you install one over adjacent to the other. You could probably do 16'x2'.
Dec 18, 2005
975 posts
1062 upvotes
Montreal
ahlavanthan wrote: I still have 1 unopened box from that purchase. Hopefully can put it up this summer.
Me too! Lol

I installed it on one side of the garage, but had too much crap on the other to get the second one installed. Hopefully after some spring cleaning I can finish the project.
BornToSave wrote: If I'm reading correctly, it comes in 2, 8' x 2' panels? This would work nicely in a 16' x 2' configuration.

I installed mine directly on the concrete walls of my garage, with some tapcon type screws. However, I think the instructions recommended putting up a piece of wood that you'd screw into the studs, then screw the slat wall onto the wood (it's been a while, so I may be wrong).

Also, the slats come in several pieces, do you can install them side by side. But... you might not have enough of the "finishing" pieces to place on the outer sides.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2005
387 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
So it turns out that the wall I'd like to install it on is only 7'10". Has anyone tried cutting this down to size? Is it difficult? Do I need a mitre saw or will a regular circular saw do the trick?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1425 posts
359 upvotes
Calgary
lostinpangea wrote: So it turns out that the wall I'd like to install it on is only 7'10". Has anyone tried cutting this down to size? Is it difficult? Do I need a mitre saw or will a regular circular saw do the trick?
Circular saw would be fine as if the edge is a little rough, you have the little bit of hiding from the channels they are inserted in. For more precise cuts I used my oscillating tool. I have this in my garage and it was been great to get everything onto the wall.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2005
387 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
bomberman447 wrote: Circular saw would be fine as if the edge is a little rough, you have the little bit of hiding from the channels they are inserted in. For more precise cuts I used my oscillating tool. I have this in my garage and it was been great to get everything onto the wall.
Thanks! When you say "oscillating tool", do you mean the "multi-tool" like this: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/ ... ol/2626-20? Or some other tool?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1425 posts
359 upvotes
Calgary
lostinpangea wrote: Thanks! When you say "oscillating tool", do you mean the "multi-tool" like this: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/ ... ol/2626-20? Or some other tool?
Yup, that's the one. I have a bosch one and with the smaller rectangular blade, it worked great for finer cuts where I had to get around obstacles. For all my main cuts, I just used the circular saw.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1163 posts
1045 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Placed an order for 1 kit. If it works well, will order another next sale.

Thanks OP. A RFD that I legitimately needed for a change. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4141 posts
2666 upvotes
Has anyone found a source for decently priced hooks and accessories for slatwall?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1999 upvotes
Ottawa
Ordered one today, thanks OP!
I am a current Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3149 posts
327 upvotes
Any recommendations for shelves that could support something heavy like a dewalt 12" mitre saw?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1999 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: Has anyone found a source for decently priced hooks and accessories for slatwall?
@holeechow linked to living.ca above for that mesh bag - they have other things too (I'm assuming if the mesh bag fits these panels, the other hooks will too?):

https://www.living.ca/search?utf8=%E2%9 ... ll&commit=

Just $4 for two simple hooks - might be a good option of you just want one or two extra things.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1999 upvotes
Ottawa
@lostinpangea - OP has expiry date as April 7, but I successfully ordered this today and it's still live as far as I can tell (the web page just says it's a "Limited Time Offer").
[OP]
Sep 23, 2005
387 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
cappaj wrote: @lostinpangea - OP has expiry date as April 7, but I successfully ordered this today and it's still live as far as I can tell (the web page just says it's a "Limited Time Offer").
It originally had an expiry of April 7, but I guess they removed it. I've updated the OP to reflect that. Thanks for the catch!