Costco

Warm? - Samsung 70 inch QLED q60a - $1598 + $200 Costco gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 5:07 pm
4 replies
Jul 29, 2018
66 posts
81 upvotes
I picked this up on the 1st day of the sale, still waiting for my cash card. 3rd party delivery just left it on my doorstep, so make sure you can move it. Unboxing 70" is super easy, just snip the 2 cargo straps and the box lifts off like on dishwashers.

I did a ton of research...most will tell you to instead go Samsung QNeo, LG OLED, hisense u88g, or Sony X90J (but that's a bit mixed since it's worse than the 900h predecessor). Be sure to compare apples to apples (especially price range) and make sure it fits your use case. Also most youtubers/forums compare TVs side-by-side, which you wont....I upgraded to this from a LG 1080p 49" that was $250 on kijiji so I'm extremely happy with it.

It was a good choice for me because size trumps all else and I've got a huge wall. My wall mount supports 70" max and this is a hard to find size. It's also in an open concept living room where it is never pitch black, so brightness is more important than inky blacks or it being edge lit. There's no HDMI 2.1 and it's not natively 4k120hz if you're looking for that. Hope this helps anyone on the fence or in the market!
Nov 25, 2009
641 posts
377 upvotes
Vancouver
Buy this or see if theres another good deal next week?
Oct 20, 2008
284 posts
645 upvotes
RichardL757 wrote: I picked this up on the 1st day of the sale, still waiting for my cash card. 3rd party delivery just left it on my doorstep, so make sure you can move it. Unboxing 70" is super easy, just snip the 2 cargo straps and the box lifts off like on dishwashers.

I did a ton of research...most will tell you to instead go Samsung QNeo, LG OLED, hisense u88g, or Sony X90J (but that's a bit mixed since it's worse than the 900h predecessor). Be sure to compare apples to apples (especially price range) and make sure it fits your use case. Also most youtubers/forums compare TVs side-by-side, which you wont....I upgraded to this from a LG 1080p 49" that was $250 on kijiji so I'm extremely happy with it.

It was a good choice for me because size trumps all else and I've got a huge wall. My wall mount supports 70" max and this is a hard to find size. It's also in an open concept living room where it is never pitch black, so brightness is more important than inky blacks or it being edge lit. There's no HDMI 2.1 and it's not natively 4k120hz if you're looking for that. Hope this helps anyone on the fence or in the market!
thanks for the great and honest review.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2938 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto ontario
Just bought from etobicoke Costco. They had about 5. Just hope my mount which goes to 65 inch can hold this.
Thanks op.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak