• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 12:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
480 posts
360 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] Weber Genesis II CE-330 - $999.99

They have the Weber Genesis II CE-330 on the floor for $999 at Costco right now. That seems like a decent price for this bbq. I bought one last year, and I absolutely love it.
Images
  • IMG_0692.jpg
  • IMG_0693.jpg
581 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9238 posts
7921 upvotes
Markham
Price is OK... but Costco's return policy makes this hot-ish
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
480 posts
360 upvotes
Ottawa
williamsauga wrote: Made in China?
I believe so, although it is still a really high quality grill. Plus their aftermarket service is hard to beat. I've had a faulty thermometer go on mine a few months back, and I called their service line, and they FedEx'd me a new one, no questions asked.
Oct 3, 2017
442 posts
291 upvotes
I have used 3 weber spirit bbq's and gifted 2 of them. Amazing product all made in China.
Jan 7, 2010
85 posts
57 upvotes
Burlington
Is there a Natural Gas option...that I am in the market for.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1013 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This has been there for a few weeks now. I've been meaning to buy weber since all the clerance at Rona for $300 but wasn't able to find one. Can somebody tell me why Costco's return policy would make this hot? I mean, technically it's suppose to last for very long time right? Would you actually return this if it breaks after 10 years? genuine question.
Jul 28, 2014
60 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver
[
patrickkc wrote: This has been there for a few weeks now. I've been meaning to buy weber since all the clerance at Rona for $300 but wasn't able to find one. Can somebody tell me why Costco's return policy would make this hot?[/b] I mean, technically it's suppose to last for very long time right? Would you actually return this if it breaks after 10 years? genuine question.
Yes- I have seen people return large items, such as furniture after years of use.

My cousin returned a mattress nearly a decade in because it sunk more than the allotted amount- and instead of dealing with the manufacturer took it back to Costco. If you don't abuse the policy (treat Costco like a rental program), it is very generous. For their major appliances (which barbecues DO NOT appear to be a part of), it is a 90 day return with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty across the board. https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... appliances

Weber offers a 10 year warranty, and Costco is not time limited.
https://www.costco.ca/weber-genesis-ii- ... 41949.html

I would not think twice about returning this within 10 years if it legitimately was a lemon/broke down, or getting it warrantied with Weber.

I believe Barbecues fall into a general merchandise category, have no time restriction for returns.

Edit- sorry for the bold. Can't figure out formatting and right now don't have time to care.
Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 10th, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the bold
Don't buy it if you don't need it.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1013 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
whytibear wrote: [

Yes- I have seen people return large items, such as furniture after years of use.

My cousin returned a mattress nearly a decade in because it sunk more than the allotted amount- and instead of dealing with the manufacturer took it back to Costco. If you don't abuse the policy (treat Costco like a rental program), it is very generous. For their major appliances (which barbecues DO NOT appear to be a part of), it is a 90 day return with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty across the board. https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... appliances

Weber offers a 10 year warranty, and Costco is not time limited.
https://www.costco.ca/weber-genesis-ii- ... 41949.html

I would not think twice about returning this within 10 years if it legitimately was a lemon/broke down, or getting it warrantied with Weber.

I believe Barbecues fall into a general merchandise category, have no time restriction for returns.

Edit- sorry for the bold. Can't figure out formatting and right now don't have time to care.
Ah, I see. I know this was on sale at TA for $899 a while back but I guess if this seems like a good price then I'll see if my local Costco still has in stock. Like you said, I can keep it till summer and if other places have it for better price I can return it at Costco.
Nov 2, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: Ah, I see. I know this was on sale at TA for $899 a while back but I guess if this seems like a good price then I'll see if my local Costco still has in stock. Like you said, I can keep it till summer and if other places have it for better price I can return it at Costco.
I grabbed one for 899 from TA, it was in the leadup to Black Friday. I'm not sure how often it happens.
Feb 29, 2016
340 posts
162 upvotes
Ottawa
I wanna see what the new Weber Smokefire is like before I buy my next BBQ. Ingenious new take on the pellet smoker, married with their higher heat and flavourizer bars and cool wifi technology. $1299 and due in stores within a week.
Dec 29, 2017
406 posts
371 upvotes
RetiredRFDer wrote: I wanna see what the new Weber Smokefire is like before I buy my next BBQ. Ingenious new take on the pellet smoker, married with their higher heat and flavourizer bars and cool wifi technology. $1299 and due in stores within a week.
I agree, looks great. No one buys these propane/ng Weber’s for the best flavour, more for cooking for a crowd fast and getting er done. Ideally would like a pellet/charcoal with a separate propane/ng grill. Any idea on pellet cost, and where to buy?