Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Weber Genesis II CE-330 - $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 5:15 pm
Mar 10, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
Debating on this or a traeger now that the roadshow is at my local costco and my 15 year old natural gas president's choice bbq is starting to show its age and burns alot of the food (definitely not the beers and forgetting about steaks)... Very hard decision may try the traeger as I need a smoker anyways...
Sep 29, 2012
192 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
ODoyleRulz wrote: NG sold in store or just propane?
The Costco I went to only had NG version. This is similar to the one at Lowe's E-330 version (PORCELAIN-ENAMELLED, CAST-IRON COOKING GRATES $1249) versus Costco CE-330 (7MM DIAMETER SOLID STAINLESS STEEL ROD COOKING GRATES)

Looks like the suggested price on this from Weber is $1399. So at $999 from Costco this isn't a bad deal at all. I was looking at buying a Napoleon but the ones I'm looking at range from $1300-$1600.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
528 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa
redevil69 wrote: The Costco I went to only had NG version. This is similar to the one at Lowe's E-330 version (PORCELAIN-ENAMELLED, CAST-IRON COOKING GRATES $1249) versus Costco CE-330 (7MM DIAMETER SOLID STAINLESS STEEL ROD COOKING GRATES)

Looks like the suggested price on this from Weber is $1399. So at $999 from Costco this isn't a bad deal at all. I was looking at buying a Napoleon but the ones I'm looking at range from $1300-$1600.
I had a Napoleon NG bbq before I bought the Genesis last year. I hated to get rid of the Napoleon, but the new house I moved into didn't have a NG hookup anywhere near where I wanted the BBQ. Anyway, the Napoleon had a lot more bells and whistles than the Weber, but the Weber just seems a little more heavy duty. I also found the 'wave' cooking grids on the Napoleon a little more of a hassle to clean, but I'm just nitpicking. Both are great though.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5998 posts
2397 upvotes
Canuckland
Such a great deal! Don't buy their Spirit line it's garbage!
Sep 16, 2011
55 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have the item number for the natural gas version? I want to see which stores have that in stock.
Thanks
Dec 29, 2017
484 posts
418 upvotes
No Weber’s in St. Catharines :(
Grimsby has 4 on order
Images
  • 10DF9CAF-BE8C-45A4-8ADA-A27990BCC31C.jpeg
Nov 30, 2018
106 posts
87 upvotes
speaking of Costco's return policy.. I purchased a Nexxgrill bar b q from them approx 4 years ago and the drip tray under the burners is rusted, one of the wheels broke off and the grills have rusted.

I know it technically doesn't fall under the 90-day return policy but can I really drag in a rusted and dirty bar b q and get a credit/money back? That is, if I can bear the shame of pushing this thing into my local costco.
Sep 29, 2012
192 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
eric4698 wrote: Does anyone have the item number for the natural gas version? I want to see which stores have that in stock.
Thanks
Item #1415395 for the natural gas model.
Dec 29, 2017
484 posts
418 upvotes
Surprisingly the NG is the same price as propane model in-store. Even on Costco.ca a typical surcharge of $50 is added. I had my eye on the Genesis for years. Propane burns hotter than NG but with the Sear Station I’m sure it’ll be just fine. I love the convenience of NG, no more propane lines/waiting at Costco and maintaining two tanks. Ironically my 20lb tank expires May 1st, so timing on this is near perfect. My Weber Q has served me well over the years. My father had Napoleon and switched to Weber, it just did not hold up over the years for the price paid. Manufacturing may be different now though, that’s from over 5 years ago and a lot changes. I know Weber has their fair share of issues also, but their customer service under warranty is good.

Looks like the Genesis rotisserie design blocks the side burner if that’s your thing. Lots of valid complaints on that accessory. I love the side burner and stainless steel grates over cast iron. I would prefer the door model and 4 main burners (5 total) but at this price I can’t resist. Entertaining this summer will be so much better now. Thanks OP for sharing!!
Jul 8, 2019
31 posts
52 upvotes
George613 wrote: I have used 3 weber spirit bbq's and gifted 2 of them. Amazing product all made in China.
Where do I apply to be your friend and get these gifts?
Oct 3, 2017
707 posts
548 upvotes
Lol one of em was left by a neighbour at the end of their driveway who was moving. All it needed was a regulator and had the porcelain coated heavy iron grates (those were a $150 extra cost item when new)
The other I gave to a family member when I upgraded to a used stainless Spirit. It needed a regulator about 3 months after I picked it up.
Seems like their regulators fail before other stuff.
Aug 29, 2018
280 posts
293 upvotes
ODoyleRulz wrote: I agree, looks great. No one buys these propane/ng Weber’s for the best flavour, more for cooking for a crowd fast and getting er done. Ideally would like a pellet/charcoal with a separate propane/ng grill. Any idea on pellet cost, and where to buy?
Costco Thorncliffe Park had some last week. Part of their rotating businesses.
Aug 29, 2018
280 posts
293 upvotes
luvdeals1 wrote: speaking of Costco's return policy.. I purchased a Nexxgrill bar b q from them approx 4 years ago and the drip tray under the burners is rusted, one of the wheels broke off and the grills have rusted.

I know it technically doesn't fall under the 90-day return policy but can I really drag in a rusted and dirty bar b q and get a credit/money back? That is, if I can bear the shame of pushing this thing into my local costco.
Why would you do this? This is gross abuse of the return policy. Because you could get away with this doesn't mean you should.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1194 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
Jordankit wrote: Debating on this or a traeger now that the roadshow is at my local costco and my 15 year old natural gas president's choice bbq is starting to show its age and burns alot of the food (definitely not the beers and forgetting about steaks)... Very hard decision may try the traeger as I need a smoker anyways...
If you are considering a Traeger, suggest you look at a Green Mountain grill - Daniel Boone. Better value per price point.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)